The west coast

Patrick73

Re: The west coast

Post by Patrick73 »

niggle44 wrote:Realised earlier that there is a full thread on the whole hedge collision matter - with explanation from BB and others.
Still loving the map - but would it be right to plsny sugar cane on the west coast :)
Yeah just blame global warming!
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Update:

Slight delay to the map updates as they are having sugarCane added... bring on global warming!
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Harvesting sugarcane with those 2 harvesters and relying on the workers in those tight turning fields of The West Coast is going the be fun :biggrin2: :biggrin2:
PS5 / FS22
NateS

Post by NateS »

Cane is traditionally planted on very flat rectangular fields. I'd be surprised if many of the current mod maps incorporate it.
PC & PS4
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

How much does a silage bale sell for on this map on hard mode?
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Patrick73 wrote:How much does a silage bale sell for on this map on hard mode?
I think the bale prices are standard so a silage bale would be £980
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

£2500 on normal so was just wondering
OnlyMe

Post by OnlyMe »

Does anybody know if BB has timeframe regarding an update for adding sugarcane to this map?
Playing on PS4
Harada

Post by Harada »

OnlyMe wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:10 pm Does anybody know if BB has timeframe regarding an update for adding sugarcane to this map?
UPDATE:
"The West Coast" updated map versions, for both PC and Console have been sent to GIANTS.
IMPORTANT INFO:
Firstly you will NOT need to start a new savegame, unless you wish to.
CHANGELOG:
- SugarCane added.
- New soil/ground textures added.
- Performance/FPS optimization.
- BGA fully working.
- Improved textures.
- Tree glitch fixed.
- Dedicated placeable area.
With this update done I can move fully onto my next project.... more about that in the New Year....
Thank you to everyone who has supported me this past year, I really do appreciate it.
Regards
BulletBill
XBox Series S
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

BulletBill wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:58 am
redglasses wrote:I love the look of the map, I found an issue though...
When I try to cut down trees with the scorpion king the tree appears on the out side of the head, and it wont limb or cut it to length. There is no issue cutting the trees, just it wont limb or cut them to length. I have confirmed it is not the update btw
I recommend the spruce trees in the logging forests for cutting down as those trees are not scaled which can cause the issue you reported.
The same happens with the spruce trees in the logging forest (big one on the north east corner).
But I found that this only happens with the small trees. If you go for the relatively longer ones (although they are still small) there are no problems.
However, it yould really be very good to have those very tall trees. With the existing ones, it takes too much time to get some considerable amount of woodchips.
PS5 / FS22
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

The small spruce trees are not scaled so I don't why your having issues with them, best use the chainsaw on those ones. I did try replacing the spruce trees with the larger sizes, but the look and scale of the forests look all wrong and made the map look worse visually. I've used Spruce2 and Spruce3 tree sizes, the next sizes Spruce 4 and Spruce 5 are a massive leap up in height and don't blend together at all with the smaller spruce trees giving an unnatural forest look. For me I prefer to go on the side of visual than functionality. But that's just my preference of making maps.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

^^ So, then I believe the trees I mentioned are spruce3 ones. They work perfectly fine with the scorpion. The samller ones though (spruce2 I presume) %100 incompatible with the king. Somehow. But this is not a big deal. I will go with the taller ones. I just wanted to share my experience.

On the other hand,
BulletBill wrote:For me I prefer to go on the side of visual than functionality.
I assume that is why it is called Frontier Design instead of Frontier Modding :coolnew: :hi:

As an engineer I always prefer function over form but you are right on this one because maps become alive as a whole in design wise *thumbsup*
PS5 / FS22
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Yes we all have different styles and preferences. The important thing is that if your making a mod it should be because You want to make it, not that your making it for other people. I make my mods how I like them to be, if other people like them great, if not, I'm not worried.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

^^ A very good philosophy indeed *thumbsup*
PS5 / FS22
Lindydanny

Post by Lindydanny »

Where will the peaceable tea be? In the meadow near the north farm?