The west coast

FarmerJimbob

Re: The west coast

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Makes sense I guess although The Old Stream had a small 'coop' and the eggs were just more concentrated in that area making collecting quick and easy. Balls to that then, I don't think I'll be bothering with the chickens at all.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Update for both PC and Console version has been sent to GIANTS, obviously with the platinum edition being released this week I don't expect it to be released until after GIANTS Q&A team have finished that.

There will be a changelog on both versions.

But some of the fixes include the BGA sell point, and FPS increases. More eggs, and a placeable area at the quarry for placeable buildings.
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

BulletBill83 wrote:Update for both PC and Console version has been sent to GIANTS, obviously with the platinum edition being released this week I don't expect it to be released until after GIANTS Q&A team have finished that.

But some of the fixes include the BGA sell point, and FPS increases. More eggs, and a placeable area at the quarry for placeable buildings.
Top man, many thanks *thumbsup* . I have to say I've not had any issues with FPS or stuttering on PS4 with this map, its worked perfectly. And a lot of the time I've had both the help window and minimap turned on. The only time I've seen any stuttering at all is momentarily when selling bales off a trailer at Little Woolhope farm (2 maybe 4 at once). I think you get a bit of that on GCV however, if I remember rightly.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Will we have to start a new save game after the update?
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

BulletBill83 wrote:Update for both PC and Console version has been sent to GIANTS, obviously with the platinum edition being released this week I don't expect it to be released until after GIANTS Q&A team have finished that.
BB, did you have a chance to look at the trigger height in the cow shed?
It is way too high and takes bales even if they are inside the bale shredder.
PS5 / FS22
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

No new save needed, but I always recommend it if you are happy to start a new save.

Cow shed feed triggers have been altered too. They sit about 1 foot above the ground so as long as the bale shredder is above that height you should be fine.
Soles2023

Post by Soles2023 »

How much of the ground/landscape is going to be changed in the quarry? I already got a forage/chip silo places directly behind the garage down there. Fits in nicely with industrial/mining theme going on.
XB1/PC
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

As you drive in to the quarry the righthand side has a concrete strip which has been flattened for placeables.
Soles2023

Post by Soles2023 »

^^ Very good, already got plans for placeables that would work well down there. Truly amazing map and I've just scratched the surface on XB1X, I must admit I quickly got used to the costume crop textures on PC (excellent job BTW) but the console is a new change of pace. Thank you for everything you've done and looking forward to the update.
XB1/PC
Scotty1314

Post by Scotty1314 »

Cheers Bill. :hi:
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

BulletBill83 wrote:Cow shed feed triggers have been altered too. They sit about 1 foot above the ground so as long as the bale shredder is above that you should be fine.
Thanks for the update Bill *thumbsup* :hi:
PS5 / FS22
niggle44

Post by niggle44 »

Mike3650 wrote:
FarmerJimbob wrote:
niggle44 wrote: The only problem I have is that the collisions on the hedges/fences are a bit random and the one thing that always collides is the headers (of any type) so having to do bigger headlands.
Hedge/fence collision works as designed, in a manner of speaking - its BulletBill's compromise for what he has to work with in the Giants base game. Responding to user feedback (for Coldborough Park Farm I think) he put collisions on for bales to stop them rolling across the whole map but turned them off for vehicles. However, headers are considered the same as bales for collisions in the base game hence the problem you have found.
FarmerJimbob is correct.

Can't please everyone.
No a complaint merely something I noted, but thanks for the explanation.
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

niggle44 wrote:
Mike3650 wrote:
FarmerJimbob wrote:
Hedge/fence collision works as designed, in a manner of speaking - its BulletBill's compromise for what he has to work with in the Giants base game. Responding to user feedback (for Coldborough Park Farm I think) he put collisions on for bales to stop them rolling across the whole map but turned them off for vehicles. However, headers are considered the same as bales for collisions in the base game hence the problem you have found.
FarmerJimbob is correct.

Can't please everyone.
No a complaint merely something I noted, but thanks for the explanation.
No problem. Didn't mean to suggest that you were making a complaint, just wanted to clarify that the behaviour is absolutely predictable. *thumbsup*
Mike3650

Post by Mike3650 »

I wasn't implying you were complaining either, I should have worded it better.

A map maker can't please everyone as people have different play styles. In this case there were 3 options considered 1) No collisions 2) Partial Collisions 3) Full Collisions
niggle44

Post by niggle44 »

Realised earlier that there is a full thread on the whole hedge collision matter - with explanation from BB and others.
Still loving the map - but would it be right to plsny sugar cane on the west coast :)