The west coast

RODHA

Re: The west coast

Post by RODHA »

The West Coast with seasons will look incredible.
I'll be waiting patiently for the update.
I already have 65hrs on it and I won't risk activating seasons before the update.
PS5 / FS22
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

NateS wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:55 am Can you elaborate on that?
The distance hills and scenery change colour depending on the Seasons and weather.
The hedges have a unique texture for each season, as does the weed foliage.

Add this to the default season changes and visually it works really well to change the feel of a map completely.
Case1370

Post by Case1370 »

BulletBill wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:55 am
The distance hills and scenery change colour depending on the Seasons and weather.

Add this to the default season changes and visually it works really well to change the feel of a map completely.

Bullet Bill, I just tested West Coast map, with the snow lands geo, since I see a poster post, that the sheds at the pig farm had snow in them, and he was right, there is snow in them. Outside of that, the map looks amazing, it really is a beautiful map, with the scenery.
Guil

Post by Guil »

If that is on console it's to be expected, the console version isn't seasons ready yet.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Case1370 wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:02 am

Bullet Bill, I just tested West Coast map, with the snow lands geo, since I see a poster post, that the sheds at the pig farm had snow in them, and he was right, there is snow in them. Outside of that, the map looks amazing, it really is a beautiful map, with the scenery.
Until a map has a proper snowmask painted onto the map, snow will fall everywhere including inside buildings.

Once the console update is released that issue won't be there.
AP_Oddity7

Post by AP_Oddity7 »

BulletBill wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:33 pm Console version Update:

At present the console version of the map is still being tested. When using seasons it brings up several errors in the log.txt of failed materials.
Despite Realismus Modding and GIANTS QA guys trying to figure it out, we are not sure what the cause is but between us all we hope to find a solution in the new year.

Regards

BulletBill
To be honest, I’m not keen on The West Coast, it’s simply not a map for me.

However that doesn’t mean I’m not in awe of the detail, the considerable work in creating TWC and the sheer beauty of this map.

The fact that this map exists is reminder of how lucky we are in the console community to have very capable and talented modders willing to create such content.

Bullet Bill – I hope the work required to remove all the remaining stumbling blocks goes well, and a big thank you for sharing your amazing creations during 2017 which has been my first farming sim year.

Have a wonderful holiday.

AP
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

BulletBill wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:14 am

Until a map has a proper snowmask painted onto the map, snow will fall everywhere including inside buildings.

You got a taco stand in the update??
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Thanks AP

- Taco Farmer, I don't want to lower the tone of the map with a Taco stand. 😉
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

And they say im nuts. Good day sir.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Case1370

Post by Case1370 »

BulletBill wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:14 am

Im on PC, I thought the PC version had been updated already.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Those sheds the snow does go inside, because they have no solid sides I know from experience snow would blow and settle inside those sheds, so its not entirely unrealistic to have them like that, plus they are easily cleared.
Mattharv

Post by Mattharv »

I can't get the update on ps4 the mod hub in my browser says there is one but it won't show up in my console mod hub
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

He has to submit the update to Giants, they'll test it, then when the update goes through, it'll appear in the update category in the ingame modhub.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Mattharv wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:34 am I can't get the update on ps4 the mod hub in my browser says there is one but it won't show up in my console mod hub

The Modhub webpage displays the PC details for both versions. Hence your confusion.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Hi Bullet Bill is there any chance of some more photos of CPF this xmas?