The west coast

BulletBill

Re: The west coast

Post by BulletBill »

Console version Update:

At present the console version of the map is still being tested. When using seasons it brings up several errors in the log.txt of failed materials.
Despite Realismus Modding and GIANTS QA guys trying to figure it out, we are not sure what the cause is but between us all we hope to find a solution in the new year.

According to the GIANTS Q&A tester the map works fine on console with Seasons including all the extra seasonal textures for the map. However we want to make sure the log is completely error free before releasing the map.

From the information GIANTS have given me so far several other mod maps are experiencing the same issue with there seasons console update versions.

Hoepfully after the holidays we can figure the issue out and get all the console maps updated for you guys.

I would like to thank GIANTS Q&A team for there help in trying to figure out the issue. They have a massive workload and yet still want do all they can to help.
I would also like to thank Rahkiin at Realismus Modding for his help as well in trying to figure out the issue.

Regards

BulletBill
Guitarman

Post by Guitarman »

RODHA wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:46 am
Guitarman wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:07 pmI had been worried it wouldn't run well on my laptop due to the detail.
What is your laptop's configuration?
I'm asking because I'm also thinking to upgrade my 8 year old laptop and if it wouldn't cost me much I might go for a one that would also run FS17.
I've got an i5-6200U which clocks 2.7GHz, 8Gb of ram and a GeForce 940MX graphics card with 2Gb of vram. It runs the game solidly but on low setting and a slightly reduce screen res. Not too shabby overall though. Hope that helps.
Optimist: Glass is half full
Pessimist: Glass is half empty

Engineer: The glass is twice the size it needs to be!

PC Specs (upgraded at last!): Acer Orion 3000; i5-8400, 8Gb Ram, GTX 1050ti, Intel Optane 16gb
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Thanks guitarman :hi:
Helped a lot.
I was thinking may be I would go for a 9 series gtx but I guess I should just jump up to 1050ti.
PS5 / FS22
Guitarman

Post by Guitarman »

No worries, glad I could help. :)

Yeah, it'll definitely look better for you with a ten series. Get those view distances up nicely ;)

PC Specs (upgraded at last!): Acer Orion 3000; i5-8400, 8Gb Ram, GTX 1050ti, Intel Optane 16gb
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

If at all possible I would advise spending your money on a desktop rather than a laptop.

I have noted that a laptop with the same spec as a desktop tends to struggle more. I can only conclude this to do with the heat extraction that is an issue for all high powered laptops.

When you factor in the value for money/spec difference between a laptop and desktop you can can get far more performance for your money.

If it is primarily for Farming Simulator you will be using it for then definitely go for a Nivida GeForce GPU as the game is optimized better for them than AMD GPUs.

I am running Fs17 on nearly max settings on a 10 year old Intel i7 CPU and a GTX 960 4GB GeForce GPU. It runs nearly all the maps at a constant 60FPS.

Getting a GPU with at least 4GB than 2GB is worth it to.
Guitarman

Post by Guitarman »

I would entirely agree. I have to run a cooling pad under my laptop to keep the heat down whilst gaming (and running CAD software for that matter). And for the higher price tags you get more value out of a pc (and visa versa). Depends really on whether or not your buying it purely for gaming or not (ignoring budget). For me though this is still 4 time as powerful as my old potato desktop so I don't notice the distinction as much!

Case1370

Post by Case1370 »

Guitarman wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:25 am I would entirely agree. I have to run a cooling pad under my laptop to keep the heat down whilst gaming (and running CAD software for that matter). And for the higher price tags you get more value out of a pc (and visa versa). Depends really on whether or not your buying it purely for gaming or not (ignoring budget). For me though this is still 4 time as powerful as my old potato desktop so I don't notice the distinction as much!

I have noticed my Laptop seems to get hotter when playing, than just when Im on the internet, but I play on the very high graphics settings, and really dont have too many issues with lag or anything like that. My Laptop is a gaming PC, I think my wife bought it for me 4 yrs ago. I dont know anything about PC's, I just know they told my wife at best buy, at that time it was the most powerful gaming laptop they had, whether or not thats true I dont know,lol, but it does seem to work well, the sticker says it has a Geforce GTX 860m, whatever that means, and it has some type of Asus GPU tweak, whatever that means, and does I dont know. West Coast, when I tried it out, seem to run fairly smoothly, ocassionally it will get a small lag. I have no clue what my framerate runs, I dont know how to check, but I assume it must be descent.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

BulletBill wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:18 pm I have noted that a laptop with the same spec as a desktop tends to struggle more. I can only conclude this to do with the heat extraction that is an issue for all high powered laptops.
Thank you everybody for your comments :hi:

And BulletBill, yes you are right.
I've been doing some searching for the past week and it seems although the new 10 series GTX gpu's are the normal ones (not mobile anymore) on the laptops, they tend to reach extremely high temperatures as far as 114 degrees celcius at the bottom part.
This is beyond ridiculous. Technically it works but obviously that is not a convenient working.
So, it would be much better if I go for a good old desktop rig rather than a laptop.
Still, in my country, electronics is extremely espensive. Almost twice the EU prices.
This will cost me a lot.
PS5 / FS22
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

BulletBill wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:33 pm Console version Update:

At present the console version of the map is still being tested. When using seasons it brings up several errors in the log.txt of failed materials.
Despite Realismus Modding and GIANTS QA guys trying to figure it out, we are not sure what the cause is but between us all we hope to find a solution in the new year.

According to the GIANTS Q&A tester the map works fine on console with Seasons including all the extra seasonal textures for the map. However we want to make sure the log is completely error free before releasing the map.

From the information GIANTS have given me so far several other mod maps are experiencing the same issue with there seasons console update versions.

Hoepfully after the holidays we can figure the issue out and get all the console maps updated for you guys.

I would like to thank GIANTS Q&A team for there help in trying to figure out the issue. They have a massive workload and yet still want do all they can to help.
I would also like to thank Rahkiin at Realismus Modding for his help as well in trying to figure out the issue.

Regards

BulletBill
I've completely missed this while talkin about the PC config.

Thank you everybody for your efforts on the map update :hi:

I'm sure we'll be getting a perfectly working map when it is ready.

Have a great holiday and new year BB :hi:
PS5 / FS22
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Is anyone on console playing this with seasons? I know it’s not updated for seasons properly yet but I love this map and wondered if it still plays ok?
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Patrick73 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:25 pm Is anyone on console playing this with seasons? I know it’s not updated for seasons properly yet but I love this map and wondered if it still plays ok?
It works fine with Seasons, but there's no snow mask so certain functions won't work fully (like snow will fall everywhere, including in sheds, unwrapped bales won't rot outside and so on).

BulletBill has submitted an update to make Seasons available, as well as other changes, but as most of Giants are starting their holidays it doesn't look it will be available until the new year.
Last edited by this_is_gav on Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farmer88

Post by Farmer88 »

I've been playing with seasons mod active on the west coast but just had the snow setting off to stop it building up in sheds. Everything else seems to work fine.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

^^ he did say that when I messaged him and probably said the same on these forums that it’d be the new year. He’s a really decent bloke and always replies when I msg him so I can understand why Giants helped him with The West Coast. The sad thing is the negativity he receives on his Facebook account. The snow doesn’t bother me too much I just want to see that map in all of its autumnal glory.. dare I say it but I can’t get into TVTOF! I liked The Old Stream Farm map so it’s no slur on BSM just personnal choice.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Hopefully once the console update is sorted and released you'll be able to experience the extra Seasonal stuff that is on the map.
There are a lot more Seasonal extras that aren't present on the map in its current version on console.
NateS

Post by NateS »

Can you elaborate on that?
PC & PS4