The west coast

Hendi26

Re: The west coast

Post by Hendi26 »

Cheers for the replies explains why my straw just piled up when I put it in there shed then *thumbsdown* clean up operation it Is!!
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Just bought fields 13,18 & 19...creates an excellent shortcut to the dairy farm
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

Here's my farm based around Little Woolhope (not so little) going right down the valley. I've never really got into livestock farming much in FS, despite trying, I prefer arable even if it can get a bit repetitive. I've installed a couple of silo mods at the pig farm and use it as secondary farm for doing the fields at that end. Its great that the fields are well priced so you develop things quickly and concentrate your resources on buying gear.

After I've exhausted this layout I'm going to start a new game save and do a small scale farm at RiverRock using the fields round there, then I'll move onto another larger scale farm at Hill Ridge. I'll then do Mountain View and Clifftop last of all. So many maps rolled into one. Great stuff.

Bengal258

Post by Bengal258 »

Is there a reason you can't sell straw at the bga when you can on every other map
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

That is a serious amount of fields. You must use a lot of hired workers to get all of that done. Currently I have fields 5,10,11,12,14 and 15 for the basic crops. Then I have fields 41 and 42 for hay and silage baling. Then depending on how many bales I get off of those I may end up buying 44 and 36.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I bought F39 and plowed it. Then I put grass in it and fertilized 3 times.
But after I cut the grass it didn't give me the 1st fertilizing stage atuomatically.
Did anyone had this issue?

It seems that this is working as it has always been on other maps but not in TWC.
I wonder if it is something BulletBill has done on purpose :hmm:
PS5 / FS22
wildflower

Post by wildflower »

RODHA wrote:I bought F39 and plowed it. Then I put grass in it and fertilized 3 times.
But after I cut the grass it didn't give me the 1st fertilizing stage atuomatically.
Did anyone had this issue?

It seems that this is working as it has always been on other maps but not in TWC.
I wonder if it is something BulletBill has done on purpose :hmm:

i do think this is normal, i had exact the same yesterday on goldcrest
XBOX1 player: feel free to add: bonjolino :hi:
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

I've based my main farm at Hill Ridge and own all fields that are orange in the top-left of the above pic plus I have the sheep farm working at RiverRock and just got the dairy farm up and running at Mountain View with 100 cows. I'm playing this map on easy as I don't think it will be a long term play. Even so, with that number of fields its a lot of work, I only trust workers to do a bit of harvesting but I have plowing off, fertiliser on 1 and use a culti-seeder-fertiliser. Currently selling the first silage harvest at $1000 - I'm used to about a quarter of that on GCV! Its a really good map but just not customisable enough to keep me into it long term.
niggle44

Post by niggle44 »

Loving this map on PS4. Have 2 saves running, 1 just for dairy operation (thank god for the new Krone Big M mod) , the other starting a massive pig and arable (lots of manure for organic crops :).
The only problem I have is that the collisions on the hedges/fences are a bit random and the one thing that always collides is the headers (of any type) so having to do bigger headlands.
I think this map is going to probably be my only and only for some time - many thanks BB
OnlyMe

Post by OnlyMe »

Absolutely loving West Coast. Thanks, BB for this quality map!! I thought that there was never gonna be a map that could drag me away from Lawfolds, but WC did the trick :)

I'm thinking of doing this map without any live stock at all, kind of as a change of pace. At the moment I'm only about 20 hrs in so I'm still concentrating on the fields around Hill Ridge Farm. Only issue I have at this time, is that there is no straw sell point on Hill Ridge. It's a bit of a trip going back and forth to Little Woolhope Farm. I looked through the modhub this weekend, because I thought that I once saw a placeable straw-sellpoint in there, but I guess I was mistaken, because I can't find it.

Also, the egg sell point was a bit of a search, but I found that eventually :-)
Playing on PS4
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

niggle44 wrote: The only problem I have is that the collisions on the hedges/fences are a bit random and the one thing that always collides is the headers (of any type) so having to do bigger headlands.
Hedge/fence collision works as designed, in a manner of speaking - its BulletBill's compromise for what he has to work with in the Giants base game. Responding to user feedback (for Coldborough Park Farm I think) he put collisions on for bales to stop them rolling across the whole map but turned them off for vehicles. However, headers are considered the same as bales for collisions in the base game hence the problem you have found.
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

OnlyMe wrote:Only issue I have at this time, is that there is no straw sell point on Hill Ridge. It's a bit of a trip going back and forth to Little Woolhope Farm. I looked through the modhub this weekend, because I thought that I once saw a placeable straw-sellpoint in there, but I guess I was mistaken, because I can't find it.

Also, the egg sell point was a bit of a search, but I found that eventually :-)
Once I cleared the fields around Hill Ridge of their original crops I decided I'd never do Barley or Wheat in this area again due to the long trip to the straw sell point. I also managed to roll the bale trailer (Joskin Wago 10m) a couple of times along the track around the bend of field 9 - its a real Bratwurst to get the trailer righted there! I'm just going to have a couple of fields of Wheat & Barley between the pig and cow farms for straw bedding and pig feeding.

Does anyone find the egg spawn rate a bit on the slow side on this map? I rarely bother collecting eggs on any map but usually when I remember the coop is full. Maybe its just 'watched-pot' syndrome at play here?
Mike3650

Post by Mike3650 »

FarmerJimbob wrote:
niggle44 wrote: The only problem I have is that the collisions on the hedges/fences are a bit random and the one thing that always collides is the headers (of any type) so having to do bigger headlands.
Hedge/fence collision works as designed, in a manner of speaking - its BulletBill's compromise for what he has to work with in the Giants base game. Responding to user feedback (for Coldborough Park Farm I think) he put collisions on for bales to stop them rolling across the whole map but turned them off for vehicles. However, headers are considered the same as bales for collisions in the base game hence the problem you have found.
FarmerJimbob is correct.

Can't please everyone.
OnlyMe

Post by OnlyMe »

FarmerJimbob wrote: Does anyone find the egg spawn rate a bit on the slow side on this map? I rarely bother collecting eggs on any map but usually when I remember the coop is full. Maybe its just 'watched-pot' syndrome at play here?
It's not slower of faster than other maps, but the max number of eggs is a lot lower. On normal maps it's 20, but on West Coast the max number of eggs seems to be 4 (probably because of the small chicken coop). So you'll have to collect them a lot more often as on other maps :)
Playing on PS4
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

On a lot of maps it is 22 not 20.
But yes in TWC it is just 4.
I believe BB did this on purpose to make collecting eggs an actual job.
It should still be better though if the chickens are like in FS15.
PS5 / FS22