The west coast

Weefatmonkey

Re: The west coast

Post by Weefatmonkey »

Hi, if I was to put baled grass in any sheds would they survive the winter? Many thanks.
markare

Post by markare »

Yes as it is now seasons ready
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

No, you can't keep grass at all. You can keep hay but not grass
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

For seasons,, will grass rot if it is kept in the silage bunker? EG before I have covered it? Or do I have to cover it the same day it is cut.
markare

Post by markare »

Oh OK. My bad I was wrong.

Edit : Weasle asked the exact same thing as me
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
mespalin

Post by mespalin »

Weasle wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:48 pm For seasons,, will grass rot if it is kept in the silage bunker? EG before I have covered it? Or do I have to cover it the same day it is cut.
Once the grass is deposited in the silage bunker it becomes chaff and doesn’t rot. I have had an open bunker through the winter and it’s appears to all still be there.
FS17/PS4/CPF/OSF/Oakfield/Lone Oak/Seasons
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

BulletBill may I ask something?
Would the Wales Geo be unrealistic for The West Coast?
What do you think?
PS5 / FS22
OnlyMe

Post by OnlyMe »

Using the new BSM stump grinder to get rid of trees around the edges of my fields. It's working, but it's not going as easy as shown in the vids I saw. It's proving to be a bit of a handfull actually. Probably because these trees are not simple pines. Also, trees on TWC seem to be put put in a bit weird. Some of the trees seem to be underground, with only the top branches showing above ground (at least, that's how it seems to me) and some trees can't be cut down at all, even with the chainsaw.

Often the grinder just removes a few branches and not the whole tree. I've found that the work goes quicker when I first cut down the tree with the chainsaw (if possible) and then take the grinder to it.

I'll get to where I want to go eventually, but it's taking a bit longer than I expected :)
Playing on PS4
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Thanks for the info OnlyMe.
Did you try deleting hedges with the grinder?
I wonder if that feature works only in TVTOF or also in other maps.
PS5 / FS22
Robbh6

Post by Robbh6 »

OnlyMe wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:58 am Using the new BSM stump grinder to get rid of trees around the edges of my fields. It's working, but it's not going as easy as shown in the vids I saw. It's proving to be a bit of a handfull actually. Probably because these trees are not simple pines. Also, trees on TWC seem to be put put in a bit weird. Some of the trees seem to be underground, with only the top branches showing above ground (at least, that's how it seems to me) and some trees can't be cut down at all, even with the chainsaw.

Often the grinder just removes a few branches and not the whole tree. I've found that the work goes quicker when I first cut down the tree with the chainsaw (if possible) and then take the grinder to it.

I'll get to where I want to go eventually, but it's taking a bit longer than I expected :)
I found this out last night also! Definitely not as easy as it looked.

Pine trees it works well. Other trees can be a little more difficult. Sometimes have to take the grinder to the trees from different directions. Then it will come down.

I spent an hour last night clearing a pathway from the top corner of field 11 eastwards to the top left corner of field 21.

Should make a nice little shortcut from mountain view farm to Hill Ridge farm.

Then ploughed it and planted it to grass.

Rodha I did try deleting a hedge with the plow function but it didn't seem to work where I tried it at the top of field 11.
PC MasterRace
- Mostly farming on the incredible Lone Oak Farm.

SPECS-
Intel i7-8086k @ 5.2GHz (1.32v)
16GB teamgroup ram @4000Mhz
Gigabyte FE GTX 1080 @ 2152core/2778memory
Asus maximus hero X mobo
Intel 760p Nvme 512GB SSD
1TB SSD
Custom Waterloop.
OnlyMe

Post by OnlyMe »

I haven't tried deleting the hedges, but I'm pretty sure it won't work. I believe BSM made the hedges on TVTOF 'removable' when they created the map. As far as I know, TVTOF the only map that has that feature.
Playing on PS4
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Thanks. I also think so.
PS5 / FS22
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

You are correct the hedges on West Coast are not removable as they are a 3d model not a foliage like TVTOF.
Those foliage hedges don't work on West Coast as the there clip distance are quite short so as you looked across the map the fields would appear to have no hedges in the distance.

Instead West Coast hedges are 3D models which have low poly LOD texture which clips in at a set distance to give help with performance.

The reason some of the trees are set into the ground is because if I placed all the trees normally you get a very unrealistic looking map from a nature point of view.

We are limited with the amount of tree models we use. There are only 5 birch, 1 maple, 1 oak, 1 poplar, 5 spruce, and 6 pine.

So I place some trees into the ground to give a thicker look. For example around a forest edge the trees have branches that often come right down to the floor making it a solid barrier you can't walk through. But all the trees from GIANTS are a trunk with the branches at the top only.

My personal preference in building maps is to make it look like real life. I'm not interested with making it into a game. I just like creating natural realistic scenery. If people like that, then great, if not, well thats why we have lots of other mods map for people to find there favourite.

Everyone has different playing styles and preferences and no one modder can expect to please everybody.
NCFarmer3842

Post by NCFarmer3842 »

That's what I love about your maps Bill. I can't seem to play anything else just due to the unrealistic landscape. Plus your maps are the closest to what we farm here in western North Carolina, we are small to medium irregular shaped fields.
Playing on Xbox X in North Carolina
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

OnlyMe wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:18 am I haven't tried deleting the hedges, but I'm pretty sure it won't work. I believe BSM made the hedges on TVTOF 'removable' when they created the map. As far as I know, TVTOF the only map that has that feature.
TVTOF & Estancia Lapacho