SUSSEX FARM V1.0.0.0 FS17 ???

TallPaul003

Re: SUSSEX FARM V1.0.0.0 FS17 ???

Post by TallPaul003 »

Hey Rodha
What's your thoughts on the new version? I'm hesitant to update as I love the v2 map the way it is and haven't experienced any issues (apart from ones created by myself) and am pretty sure once updated I wouldn't be able to reverse it.
What's changed at the farm? Not sure if having so much removed has lost some of the maps appeal? Is it better in your opinion? I read Lefe's post but need more info before/if I take the plunge
FS17 on XBone
Maze313

Post by Maze313 »

Still have the race track with no race cars lol surprised no one else notices that just joking would be cool to have tho :lol:
Playing on PS5 and PC
BigNRichlll

Post by BigNRichlll »

RODHA wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:53 pm ^^ Seriously? :biggrin2: So, thats why Jim said only up for the ride. You can't control it to fly around?
And he meant only up. After the small turn on take off,it goes straight up to the max height of the map,& stays there until you skydive & summon the helicopter back with the trigger on ground. Pretty cool. I love the new update, will most likely resume Sussex after I remove a couple hundred pesky trees. I hate trees. Why do map makers like trees so much?
I make jokes that others don't get.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

TallPaul003 wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:01 pm Hey Rodha
What's your thoughts on the new version? I'm hesitant to update as I love the v2 map the way it is and haven't experienced any issues (apart from ones created by myself) and am pretty sure once updated I wouldn't be able to reverse it.
What's changed at the farm? Not sure if having so much removed has lost some of the maps appeal? Is it better in your opinion? I read Lefe's post but need more info before/if I take the plunge
I can't tell too much. Because of server overload last night, I was able to DL it this morning and only looked for an hour or so before taking off to work.
But somethings Jim said will be removed are still there. I suggest you see the map yourself becuase there are tons of details and different things. I might easily miss a lot of them.
BigNRichlll wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:27 pm I hate trees. Why do map makers like trees so much?
I also don't like them too. But as far as I can figure out there are 2 main purposes for using trees. One is the scenery. Like BulletBill and Oxygendavid use them. Different sizes of pine trees mixed with different types of trees to make the landscape look beautiful. But this causes performance issues if I'm not mistaken. The second purpose it for logging. Like BsM uses them. TVTOF for example. There were a lot of trees there but as they are all (well mostly) the same size pine trees, that doesn't affect the performance as much.
But still, I think map makers are right on both uses. Because, although they create problems, trees make a map more lively.
Maps like mustang valley ranch, horsch agrovation or the upcoming welker farms has a lot less trees as the natural farm structure is based on huge fields. But I'm pretty sure they look nothing like Oakfield or The West Coast in terms of overall beauty.
So, we can't live with trees as we can't live without them, I guess :biggrin2:
PS5 / FS22
BigNRichlll

Post by BigNRichlll »

I hear you. I like when they put a couple of thick forests in for logging, but the farming ground is unmolested. Possible because that kinda how it was where I grew up farming. Green River is my favorite map because the trees are perfectly placed. Anyways back on Sussex, I would encourage anyone to update. I really think that with the enhanced new airport, it has more character than before even. There are triggers for stuff everywhere now. No idea what they all do yet.
I make jokes that others don't get.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Sussex has abundance of functionality. There is alway something different to do in this map. I think thats a great way for creating a map which can be played hundreds of hours without getting bored of it.
PS5 / FS22
Zx6ram

Post by Zx6ram »

Has anyone lost the engine sounds when u get out of any of your equipment now? Nvr mind it just crashed with the new update had no problems till this morning
Last edited by Zx6ram on Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fade2black

Post by Fade2black »

Ok, I updated yesterday and I don't see much taken out. The Jumbo jet still flies although maybe only economy class :hmm: The shed in the centre of the main yard is gone but it feels better having more room.
My game did crash again this morning though and I don't have the Meyers trailer installed so not sure why.
I'm gonna try to play on multiplayer instead even though I'm playing alone as it auto-saves every few minutes so you don't lose much if it crashes.
I chipped all the fir trees around the two field in the top left of the map. Took a while but with the hooklift chipper and storage wasn't too bad. I did it because I like decent sized fields.
Really like the map and its features and would like to thank Jim for his efforts.
Aholz89

Post by Aholz89 »

Updated yesterday, also started a new savegame just in case. I really like the new farm layout @ Sussex Farm, the possibility to remove collisions from hedges and the new buy/sell locations. Had a solid couple of hours yesterday without any fps drop or crashes. Perfect map for players who like to get in the 'role' 😁
Came here for information, stayed for the entertainment.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Hey, first time posting but long time playing.

Has anybody figured out how to get fuel from the fuel station by the airport? It doesn’t seem to work since the update. (Xbox one)

Also, alien Jim removed my cats 😞
Leicesterlichtie

Post by Leicesterlichtie »

Not convinced about making the update yet. Will wait until I view some footage before I decide.

Fs15 on Ps3
Fs17 on Ps4
Fs19 on Ps4
Fs22 on Ps4
Enjoys growing sunflowers
Zx6ram

Post by Zx6ram »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:00 pm Hey, first time posting but long time playing.

Has anybody figured out how to get fuel from the fuel station by the airport? It doesn’t seem to work since the update. (Xbox one)

U can sell fuel there and sell water at car wash area in town
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Zx6ram wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:38 pm
Rasping rabbit wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:00 pm Hey, first time posting but long time playing.

U can sell fuel there and sell water at car wash area in town
I did wonder if the new boxed area was to sell fuel there, and I know you can buy water and sell it to the car wash opposite. The problem is that you don’t seem to be able to actually buy fuel there anymore which you could before. Reversing the 60,000l tanker into the new workshop by Sussex farm can be quite a challenge 😳
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Leicesterlichtie wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:29 pm Not convinced about making the update yet. Will wait until I view some footage before I decide.
I was expecting the worst but to be honest the only ‘major’ changes I have seen are the sheds moving about on Sussex farm, which is quite nice if you are moving large machinery, the old workshop is now empty inside so extra storage, and the car wash has changed. Everything else I can see is minor things, like some little decorations here and there going.

On other positives though, there seem to have been some little changes like the little fences that were in some of the hedges to climb over are gone, and left big enough gaps to drive through, for example into field 12 which saves going the long way around. And you can fill up the water tank from the ‘lake’ between Sussex and plumpton farms.
CMDRTAKEDOWN

Post by CMDRTAKEDOWN »

Can also fill up water at the back of the cow pasture. But trying to get out with the 60k tank is a struggle.
PS4
PS5