SUSSEX FARM V1.0.0.0 FS17 ???

TallPaul003

Re: SUSSEX FARM V1.0.0.0 FS17 ???

Post by TallPaul003 »

I don't mean to be moany, there are some great aspects to this map but I've just done a load of grass and filled the silage pit at plumpton and the whole game has just crashed again. So that's the bga and plumpton that crashes when silaging. Equally annoying is I didn't save and have just lost hours. Game off and I'll be looking at a new map when I calm down and try again.

Any recommendations? I prefer the animals close to each other and decent sized fields if possible... would love to hear your favourites!
Last edited by TallPaul003 on Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
FS17 on XBone
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

TVTOF you can’t go wrong and if the fields aren’t to your liking just make your own. With all these stories about game crashes you can see why some features haven’t previously been included on console maps, Bullet Bill said giants wouldn’t allow the lighthouse on the console version of the west coast but giants have allowed the planes and ships on this map and now we read about game crashes...coincidence??
Last edited by Patrick73 on Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Farmer man

Post by Farmer man »

Chellington is a good map variety of feilds and animals close to each other
TallPaul003

Post by TallPaul003 »

Patrick73 wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:19 am TVTOF you can’t go wrong and if the fields aren’t to your liking just make your own. With all these stories about game crashes you can see why some features haven’t previously been included on console maps, Bullet Bill said giants wouldn’t allow the lighthouse on the console version of the west coast but giants have allowed the planes and ships on this map and now we read about game crashes...coincidence??
It's not a nice feeling to a console player as it's just not something we're used to. I've never experienced it before and now I'm super paranoid- plus losing a couple of hours 'work' just ruined my evening. I was really enjoying the map though and had invested a lot into it, which just made it worse. Some of the ideas AlienJim came up with are superb, and it's the minor details that really stand out. Definitely won't be deleting the save, will revisit once I remember to save every 5 minutes!

TVTOF looks good, watched the daggerwin series in that I see what you mean about the fields, lots of little ones. Just watched a vid on Chellington 17 and looks ideal so will check both out thank you... Bet there's not a car wash to sell water to though ha ha
FS17 on XBone
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

^^^ the beauty about TVTOF is that it’s a blank canvas,you can keep it as it is or remove hedges and trees making money from woodchips as you go.my map is unrecognisable from the start now,I haven’t gone crazy but have some large worker friendly fields now. If you’re thinking about chelllington I’d go for oakfield instead it’s by the same modder and it’s a work of art
TallPaul003

Post by TallPaul003 »

Patrick73 wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:32 am ^^^ the beauty about TVTOF is that it’s a blank canvas,you can keep it as it is or remove hedges and trees making money from woodchips as you go.my map is unrecognisable from the start now,I haven’t gone crazy but have some large worker friendly fields now. If you’re thinking about chelllington I’d go for oakfield instead it’s by the same modder and it’s a work of art
Thank you for your insight, may I ask how you remove hedges? I did remove a few trees on Sussex but the irregularly shaped ones as opposed to the tall straight ones proved hard work getting them shifted!
FS17 on XBone
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

All the hedges on TVTOF are removable with a plough or the Rabaud stump grinder and the fences can be taken down using a control panel in each field
Farmer man

Post by Farmer man »

Patrick73 wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:32 am ^^^ the beauty about TVTOF is that it’s a blank canvas,you can keep it as it is or remove hedges and trees making money from woodchips as you go.my map is unrecognisable from the start now,I haven’t gone crazy but have some large worker friendly fields now. If you’re thinking about chelllington I’d go for oakfield instead it’s by the same modder and it’s a work of art
You are correct on oakfeild it's a buetifil map
TallPaul003

Post by TallPaul003 »

Patrick73 wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:11 pm All the hedges on TVTOF are removable with a plough or the Rabaud stump grinder and the fences can be taken down using a control panel in each field
A control panel?!! Is that a pc thing?
FS17 on XBone
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

No it’s on console as well,this is a short video about the map update https://youtu.be/CGCsU5qIJWc and this is the tool to remove hedges https://youtu.be/YF_88eFtoIA
Oppie20

Post by Oppie20 »

Everybody says sussex keeps crashing but I haven't got that problem yet
TallPaul003

Post by TallPaul003 »

Patrick73 wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:03 pm No it’s on console as well,this is a short video about the map update https://youtu.be/CGCsU5qIJWc and this is the tool to remove hedges https://youtu.be/YF_88eFtoIA
So helpful, thank you, will check it out later. That might save me some frustrations!
FS17 on XBone
TallPaul003

Post by TallPaul003 »

Oppie20 wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:09 pm Everybody says sussex keeps crashing but I haven't got that problem yet
Really? Glad it's not just me but I even searched on here and couldn't find anything so assumed it was something I was doing wrong. If thought it was just the bga but when it crashed on plumpton too, that limits your silage threshold somewhat unless you have the patience to tell everything back to Sussex farm!

Haven't noticed any other problems apart from the plane noise but that's just annoying after a while (probably because it's so realistic I keep looking outside!)

Tis a great map, hope it gets a fix and doesn't get forgotten with 19 due soon
FS17 on XBone
Brogo83

Post by Brogo83 »

Today I had two random crashes as well but not related to the silage bunkers. This seems to work fine for me. The crashes appeared out of the blue without any FPS drops or something like that. The game just freezes instantly. Sound is still playing, but you can't do anything anymore. PS4 doesn't even spawn the standard bluescreen / crash report. The only "solution" is to force close the game ... and progress is lost.

I will have a break from this map as well. Hopefully there will be another update with bugfixes. At least MrSealyP is announcing that there will be...
eric21

Post by eric21 »

No crashes yet