SUSSEX FARM V1.0.0.0 FS17 ???

TallPaul003

Re: SUSSEX FARM V1.0.0.0 FS17 ???

Post by TallPaul003 »

I updated last night !

I don't mind admitting for your amusement that I backed the 70000l tipper full of potatoes into the helicopter last night (was quite impressed with my reversing skills!) but it didn't like it- so I tried it with the little metaltech but still wouldn't have it. So I figured it must want pallets, read up and found I needed the Grimme 24-60. Bought it and the learning curve of how to use it meant I kept producing pallets all over the yard but then it kept picking them up. Was like a Benny Hill sketch (google it!)

But then annoyingly after about 8 pallets or so, the game crashed. No idea what caused it but have never had this before on any game or any other map. Gotta get back in the habit of saving every 5 minutes...

The updates pretty good though, not as bad as I thought it was going to be, not added seasons to this map yet and when it started snowing I stopped harvesting the potatoes and went to sort the animals and was having terrible issues within the pig shed- it wasn't just snowing through the whole floor textures were jumping around- nearly scared the poor pigs to death !
FS17 on XBone
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

That does sound like you had fun! I hadn’t tried a topper but tried to reverse a flat bed loaded with pallets, which didn’t work, then I got a Fendt 800 with forks, didn’t like that either so then I gave up.

On a positive though, you can drop a pallet at a time at the wandering grill for a decent payout, it’s just time consuming as the drop off is the size of a pallet.
TallPaul003

Post by TallPaul003 »

I'm not sure if it was a glitch but I harvested potatoes so must've been a couple of game hours in after the update and did the "talk to Allen" bit to remove the hedges but there was no guy at The Horsshoe so I spoke to the horse (which was quite amusing!) and then to a black refuse bag where the wandering grill should have been !!! Guess it had not loaded yet !

And then it snowed which threw me as I've not got seasons running yet on Sussex (waiting to harvest all crops for reset rather than do it now and lose them all)

Weird that dropping off at the heli didn't work for you though- on the Sealyp vid, he just reversed a flat bed into the back of the heli and it sold them
FS17 on XBone
BigNRichlll

Post by BigNRichlll »

This may seem like a wierd question, but how do you make pig food? I've never played with pigs before.. Do you use a mixing wagon like cows?
I make jokes that others don't get.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Nope just dump each crop in separately.
BigNRichlll

Post by BigNRichlll »

RODHA wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:45 am I suggest everybody to try selling pig food.
Great profit :coolnew:

And I assume it is the same with TMR.
How would you sell it then? Or is this a joke? I know nothing about pigs..
I make jokes that others don't get.
Guil

Post by Guil »

You can buy bags of it or buy a placeable pig food tank to buy it from.
TallPaul003

Post by TallPaul003 »

Apologies if I've misunderstood- so the sell point is just to sell pre-bought bags of pig food? Is there a way (or is it a mod?) to "make" bags of pig food?
FS17 on XBone
markare

Post by markare »

There is a pig food silo mod you can fill trailers from
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

BigNRichlll wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:31 pm
RODHA wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:45 am I suggest everybody to try selling pig food.
Great profit :coolnew:

And I assume it is the same with TMR.
How would you sell it then? Or is this a joke? I know nothing about pigs..
As Guil mentioned, you can buy pig food in bags from the shop or in bulk (filling up a trailer) from the pig food silo mod.
After you purchase the pig food you can sell it at the live stock market. The porfit ratio is 5x on easy with seasons.

On PC you can make pig food from crops by mixing them too. But that just doesn't work on consoles.
PS5 / FS22
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

TallPaul003 wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:21 am
Weird that dropping off at the heli didn't work for you though- on the Sealyp vid, he just reversed a flat bed into the back of the heli and it sold them
It would have worked, I couldn’t reverse the trailer in and the tractor was too big. Smaller trailer or a skid steer and I think I would have been fine.
TallPaul003

Post by TallPaul003 »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:32 pm
TallPaul003 wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:21 am
It would have worked, I couldn’t reverse the trailer in and the tractor was too big. Smaller trailer or a skid steer and I think I would have been fine.
Ah apologies, I misunderstood. Bet it was damn annoying having got all that way and then still wouldn't sell? Ha ha
Hope you had a nice skydive instead to make yourself feel better!!!
FS17 on XBone
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

It wasn’t too bad, my root crop farm is at Abbots Farm so quite near, it was frustrating though 😂
TallPaul003

Post by TallPaul003 »

Ha ha mine too!!! Regretted it a bit after the fun of harvesting potatoes in the field (34?) to the south of Abbots with the boundary so close. Joined up to the field next door (35?) to make it bigger and bought the one to the north too so get a nice harvest when they're all done.

I've no idea about farming irl but figured keeping the potato stuff there meant I could keep the combine and all the seeders etc at Sussex farm.
FS17 on XBone
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

My setup is similar except I have sugar beet in 34&35 and potatoes in the field to the south of that one