Performance of FS on Xbox One X?

TimmyTheSnail

Performance of FS on Xbox One X?

Post by TimmyTheSnail »

I’m just wondering how much the hardware of the Xbox One X improves FS 17. I’m not worried about graphical resolution etc, I just want to know if maps like the west coast which currently experiences frame rate reduction on the regular Xbox One, play smoothly on the One X as it has more RAM etc. Also do beacon reflections work on the One X and are there still slots on the One X. If anyone knows even if you don’t own a One X I’d love to know. Thanks.
Nigelbilt

Re: Performance of FS on Xbox One X?

Post by Nigelbilt »

The only thing that has changed is graphical fidelity and performance. The game is exactly the same otherwise (when it comes to slots, beacon reflections, bale count etc)
TimmyTheSnail

Post by TimmyTheSnail »

Nigelbilt wrote:The only thing that has changed is graphical fidelity and performance. The game is exactly the same otherwise (when it comes to slots, beacon reflections, bale count etc)
Well that’s a let down
Tazman1983

Post by Tazman1983 »

TimmyTheSnail wrote:
Nigelbilt wrote:The only thing that has changed is graphical fidelity and performance. The game is exactly the same otherwise (when it comes to slots, beacon reflections, bale count etc)
Well that’s a let down
Why? Were you expecting a whole new game! LOL
TimmyTheSnail

Post by TimmyTheSnail »

No I was just thinking they’d actually make use of the extra power to improve performance rather than just graphics which in the grand scheme of things aren’t very high on the list of importance
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

At this point in FS17’s life cycle, that is a pretty unreasonable expectation.
TimmyTheSnail

Post by TimmyTheSnail »

Nigelbilt wrote:At this point in FS17’s life cycle, that is a pretty unreasonable expectation.
There’s still another year left of the game? It’s not like there’s a couple of months left of it so I would have to disagree with you there
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

TimmyTheSnail wrote:No I was just thinking they’d actually make use of the extra power to improve performance rather than just graphics which in the grand scheme of things aren’t very high on the list of importance
...for you. I see people complain about all sorts of things. Some don't like the current draw distance, some think the graphics could be better, some would like to see the physics improve. Some will agree with what you consider important, some won't.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

TimmyTheSnail wrote:
Nigelbilt wrote:At this point in FS17’s life cycle, that is a pretty unreasonable expectation.
There’s still another year left of the game? It’s not like there’s a couple of months left of it so I would have to disagree with you there

That’s fine. Just realistically, FS19 development is coming to crunch time and the remaining dlc’s need to be completed. Expecting major changes to the core system of a game with less than a year left in its life cycle is highly unlikely at the best of times.
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

We can not change these fundamental limits between XboxOne and XboxOne X because the game still needs to be compatible in multiplayer. E.g. we can't allow more vehicles on Xbox One X since a player with the Xbox One still needs to be able to connect.

The Xbox One X should result in slightly more stable framerates in heavy scenes. How much the difference is, however really depends on what the limit factor is. To give any specifics, I would however definitely need to investigate into West Coast why the it is so performance heavy.
TimmyTheSnail

Post by TimmyTheSnail »

Stegei wrote:We can not change these fundamental limits between XboxOne and XboxOne X because the game still needs to be compatible in multiplayer. E.g. we can't allow more vehicles on Xbox One X since a player with the Xbox One still needs to be able to connect.

The Xbox One X should result in slightly more stable framerates in heavy scenes. How much the difference is, however really depends on what the limit factor is. To give any specifics, I would however definitely need to investigate into West Coast why the it is so performance heavy.
Ahhh that makes sense and yes please look into the west coast. I have to point my camera at the ground nearly to get decent frame rate
SimulatedSphere

Post by SimulatedSphere »

^^yeah , the ground has so little detail so it won't lag when you look at the ground.
XBOX ONE S ( I don't have limited power :biggrin2: )| FS17 | UK
Just waiting for FS19!
I play with as much realism as possible :wink3:
XBOX ONE S ¦ On Estancia / Sussex Farm / Oakfield |FS13 , FS15 , FS17
Thank you to all modders out there , the game would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
Thank you to Giants as my Xbox would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

Not so much because the ground has little detail, it certainly doesn’t, but because you are not rendering everything else. Going inside a shed has the same effect.