Big problem with seasons mod

abslayer

Re: Big problem with seasons mod

Post by abslayer »

Rahkiin wrote:As I said, we actually _did change that_. We even made max-loans much higher. Also, nobody seems to have this issue.

Get a high loan, buy a field, earn it back. Buy a field, etc. Other than that, the Bank mods needs to be updated to fit Seasons, not the other way around. That is, if you want to keep leasing.
You do know that them interest payments at 5% WILL COME every day so $800,000.00 will cost about $4000.00 pre day , not once pre harvest like in normal game but about at lease 9 times pre harvest.
Come to think about that beats $57,000 lease payment pre day
I will try that

summerider GIVE me a break will you :hmm:
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

It does
Case1370

Post by Case1370 »

abslayer wrote:Big problem with seasons mod
As we all know with bank of Hgenstedt you can lease land.
So I lease a field.
Using this leased field it is costing $58,017 pre day by the time I get to harvest field leasing fees will be 8 times or more cost than I will make.
This real needs to be fixed as it has ruined my game.
By the time I notice this I was so far in the hole I have no chance to ever pay it back.
See attachment

Problem isnt Seasons mod, problem is BOH mod. I know it *censored*, but BOH isnt compatible, thats not the only issue you will find by using BOH with Seasons, on a custom map.
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

I, for one, have never had a problem making money with seasons.
My method (might not be the best but it works) is to sell all tractors, combine and a good chunk of the starting implements. Buy 2-3 cheap mod tractors, the MF pack by black sheep modding is good, a tipper or 2, direct seeder, fert spreader, the cheap front and rear mowers, windrower, baler and wrapper, autoload bale trailer, chainsaw, and a log trailer or wood chipper. Max the loan and spend it all on land. Depending on the map and how many fields you start with, you may be able to increase your loan (as you have more assets to borrow against) so do that if you can and buy more land.
Plant about half your fields with grass in early spring, preferably in one block close to a bale sell point. The biogas plant is good if you can get some grass nearby, as it makes digestate which is free fertiliser for your fields. This is a good time to collect gold nuggets, if the map has them.
Plant the rest with a variety of combineable crops, make sure to have at least a couple of hectares in wheat/barley to get straw, as you'll want it for cows.
Whilst you're seeding, be on the lookout for anywhere you can expand or connect fields by felling trees, get on with that while your crops grow and make a bit of money selling logs/chips, to get out of the debt you'll be in from buying seed, diesel and paying workers. As an aside, make sure to go in the options and turn helper buy off for everything, they charge through the nose compared to filling machines up yourself!
Whilst you're logging, have a worker spread fert on your fields (you can actually do this before planting, I just prefer to do it this way around) at every growth stage to get the 90% yield increase.
Come early summer, mow, rake, bale and wrap your grass. It will become silage in one third of a season, so do a bit more forestry until then, then sell them all and give that money back to the bank. More forestry + fert spreading until early autumn when you can cut grass again. If you're going to get cows, it's probably worth getting a tedder and making hay bales if you have decent weather forecast. 20-odd should be enough to last the winter ime, but no harm in keeping plenty. Store them under cover or wrap them so they don't rot. You'll want to get a combine with this lot of income, as your crops should be about ready to harvest, so do that. Store your harvest unless someone is paying a good price for something, in which case you may as well sell some.
In late autumn you can get a third cut of your grass, with a reduced yield, but still worth doing for more silage bales. Store 50 or so and sell any excess. Use the money (and loan if need be) to buy about 50 cows in late autumn/early winter, they should be about £4000 each iirc. I haul mine with courseplay, but the delivery charge is cheaper than buying a trailer unless you move over 100 animals istr. You'll need a water tanker and I always get a TMR mixer to get productivity nice and high. Use the hay as grass mod so you don't have to feed them grass too.
Before winter, plough some and plant all none-grass fields with wheat, barley and canola, this will allow you to harvest sooner than doing it in spring.
Spend winter keeping the cows fed and, yep, more forestry. In spring you should be in a good position (with some help from the bank manager) to buy enough land/equipment to do whatever you fancy. I'm in early summer of my second year on the West coast, in 100hrs play time I've got 8 tractors, 5 of which are 200hp+, a tree harvester, a dominator 88 combine, a small forage harvester, loads of equipment and most of the top half of the map.
Yikes that's a big post!
TL:DR, seasons rocks!
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
Zelyth

Post by Zelyth »

This thread is a sad state of affairs.
abslayer

Post by abslayer »

Ran a little experiment using Seasons

As suggested got loan from bank $375.000.00 and purchased field.
And then took note of my cash $36,000 at the start of seeding my 3 fields.
Then ran though complete season from seeding to harvest 9 days.
Filled all equipment with seeds and fertilizer and fuel so it was back to where I started.
Sold my crops and I had $165,000.00 in bank for a net profit of $128,366.00

I am cool with that thanks for advice to buy not lease fields all works fine now IMO.

Next I am going to run a test on fertilizing 3 times verses only 1 time and see how production of crops compare.

Thanks to the guys who responded with help and respect *thumbsup* , some of you others need a back hand :this: LOL
empato

Post by empato »

abslayer wrote:
Next I am going to run a test on fertilizing 3 times verses only 1 time and see how production of crops compare.
It`s the same, if you change the settings from 1 to 3x fertilizing.
If you set 1x fertilizing, and you fertilize 1x, you will have 90% yield increase. Same is, if you play with 3x fertilizing and you fertilize 3x, then of course you will also have 90% yield increase.
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

empato wrote:
abslayer wrote:
It`s the same, if you change the settings from 1 to 3x fertilizing.
If you set 1x fertilizing, and you fertilize 1x, you will have 90% yield increase. Same is, if you play with 3x fertilizing and you fertilize 3x, then of course you will also have 90% yield increase.
Yes, but in this case his profits will be lower since he has spent more money on fertilizer. Now this is not something Seasons do, but is vanilla mechanics. If you buy fertilizer, using 1x fertilization gives more profit than 3x fertilization. Another aspect is that if you have cows or pigs you will spread some manure and slurry instead of buying all the fertilizer.