Case A8800 coupler

Guil

Re: Case A8800 coupler

Post by Guil »

wiseguy49 wrote:The bottom line is GIANTS put a hitch on it. So I want to use it. Real life or not, I appreciate that, however I also play farming sim the way I want. I will never criticize anyone playing how they want, which is the beauty of this game. And for me that is having trailers with limitless weight and capacities of 500,000 to 2,000,000 depending on my application. There has to be a trailer that will work with it without getting caught up in its track. So, has anyone found one that works? If so please which one is it?
In that case just edit one of the trailers on the first page to the capacity you want and work away.
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

I tried the Agroliner (not sure which one, I think the higher default capacity one?) and that was able to attach, but the worker still got stuck.

That you jenna_q I will try all the ones you mentioned when I get home.
Beastofwar

Post by Beastofwar »

In case you didn"t read the other topic, with Courseplay in control the harvester is able to make the turns. I doubt though if it will still be able to if you make the trailers any longer then this.
Intel i5 3570K 3.40 GHZ (Quad Core)
8 GB Memory DDR3
R9 280 GFX card 3GB DDR5
1x 64GB SDD 1x 128 GB SDD 1x 1TB HDD
Win 10 Professional 64 bit
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

hi beastofwar thank you for your suggestion. I'm really not a fan of Courseplay so I have to find an alternative.
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

jenna_q wrote:
It is in this post on the first page. However for the sake of simplicity you can use the Metaltech DB 8, Farmtech TDK 1600 and the Agroliner HKD 302. Then on the modhub (consoles as well) can use the Agroliner HKD 402 and the Fliegl TMK 266 Bull.
I tried using ALL of these trailers. While they do attach, this issue still remains. Worker gets to the end of the row, goes to make a turn and gets 'stuck' and 'blocked by an object.'

So the question remains, does anyone know of ANY trailer that DOESN'T DO that. Yes I know of plenty that hook up to it. that is not the issue.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

canadafarms wrote:So I know that people think that the harvester not being able to hook to trailers or the AI struggling with trailers is a bug, but it's not. Here is a link to the website for this machine and you will see that it does not even have a hitch IRL

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrBTvl ... yrhplZABI-

I believe Giants put a hitch on it for people who play single player so that you could do a headland or a real tight space but really didn't intend for it to always be used with a trailer. The proper way to use it is to have a worker on it while you drive along side it with a tipper. There are a bunch of pictures in the link and I have also looked around other sources and you can't find anything with this style of cane harvester pulling a tipper....ever. So it's not a bug and it's not broken that's just the way it's done and Giants try to keep things as realistic as possible.
Good point, the hitch is for people who want to drive the machine THEMSELVES. If you want to hire a worker use your own cart on a tractor *thumbsup*
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

wiseguy49 wrote:I tried using ALL of these trailers. While they do attach, this issue still remains. Worker gets to the end of the row, goes to make a turn and gets 'stuck' and 'blocked by an object.'

So the question remains, does anyone know of ANY trailer that DOESN'T DO that. Yes I know of plenty that hook up to it. that is not the issue.
I doubt you are going to find one due to the way the AI works with a harvester. The way you are supposed to do it with an AI in the harvester is drive along with it with a tractor and tipper. You likely will have to either do the work yourself or drive a tractor beside it.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
icebob

Post by icebob »

Has anyone had problems with this harvester with the trailer attached and using an AI worker not making a big enough turn at the ends of rows and everything getting stuck, also the hitch point should be longer as even small trailers hit the discharge tube. Am I the only one that has had this issue? Bob.
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

most of this thread is about that.
icebob

Post by icebob »

I take the point about using AI to drive the harvester and follow with a trailer but the issue is still there at the ends of rows the harvester turns into your trailer, stalls and you need to clear the area with the trailer for the harvester to re-start but then you have lost product and positioning. a fix would be to have the trailer move away from the stopped harvester, the harvester turns and the trailer moves back into position and off you go. It is a pity that this whole process could not be automated like other harvesting is or on-board storage and empty at the ends of rows.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^Leave more room for him to turn around, there is reverse on tractors you know :lol:
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
icebob

Post by icebob »

yes I could leave more room however sometimes the harvester starts its turn some distance from the end of a row and runs into the trailer or tractor, not good. the one I have found is just ok is the add on AI that will harvest in odd shaped fields, it is quite good if not untidy cutting the cane, not too much waste or miss cutting. :smileynew:
Heisman1125

Post by Heisman1125 »

I tried the 8800 and gave up. I put 2 Lizard SWTs pulling the Randon trailer(not semi trailer). Just let them go while I do other things. Stop them to unload and start them up again. Hated having to follow the 8800. :frown:
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

Beastofwar wrote:Image

In case you didn"t read the other topic, with Courseplay in control the harvester is able to make the turns. I doubt though if it will still be able to if you make the trailers any longer then this.
Now, with this kind of setup does the harvester fill both trailers at once like the forage harvesters do or do you have to rotate them out?
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Beastofwar

Post by Beastofwar »

No it doesn't.....this is only Courseplay testing if it would make the turns controlled by that, and it does. But when i emptied the trailers and really started to harvest the field i found out that it fills only 1 trailer. Until then i assumed it would fill 2 or more.

Follow Me mod doesn't work well with turning of the tracked A 8800 either so for me there is no choice but to pull 1 trailer by the A 8800 and when full uncouple that and hook up an empty one. Since the many trailers can't hook up or get stuck on the conveyor of the A 8800 having the A 8800 run on automatic ( Courseplay ) untill the trailer is full is as much automation as i can achieve until someone comes with a better way.

I do send the tractor with full trailer to delivery destination by Courseplay too but the couple/uncouple i have to do myself ofc and leave me wishing it could pull larger capacity trailers ( and make the turns ) :mrgreen:

I cannot be bothered by driving the cane harvester myself of drive next to it to operate. Or make that many delivery runs myself. I do enjoy setting up automation and watching it run though *thumbsup*

The larger mod one makes the turn also run by CP....slightly less trips to the sell point. :mrgreen:
Intel i5 3570K 3.40 GHZ (Quad Core)
8 GB Memory DDR3
R9 280 GFX card 3GB DDR5
1x 64GB SDD 1x 128 GB SDD 1x 1TB HDD
Win 10 Professional 64 bit