Case A8800 coupler

RogsR35UK

Re: Case A8800 coupler

Post by RogsR35UK »

It will connect to the 32000L Fliegl Mod Trailer. The “pipe” is a bit too close to the trailer front but it is OK for manual harvesting. Hire a driver and they get stuck at the end of each row and just sit there.
Ox91

Post by Ox91 »

redglasses wrote:
Ox91 wrote:I got an email from Giants and it sounds like they made the case sugarcane harvester work with trailers like that on purpose
now thats a bit strange :confusednew:
I agree, they put all these great sugar cane trailers in and they wont hook up to A8800. I guess we are lucky they hook up to the smaller trailered harvester. :frown:
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

The Case is not suppose to have a hitch in the first place, its weird that it does.
Ox91

Post by Ox91 »

Nigelbilt wrote:The Case is not suppose to have a hitch in the first place, its weird that it does.
It an option.
garyst

Post by garyst »

Ox91 wrote:
Nigelbilt wrote:The Case is not suppose to have a hitch in the first place, its weird that it does.
It an option.
Nigelbilt is right it is not an option in real life. I have seen alot of sugarcane harvesters living here in louisiana my whole life, not once have I ever seen a cane harvester pulling its own wagon.
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

As I said before. the bottom line is Giants PUT a hitch on it. SO IT SHOULD WORK. Sometimes some of you need to take a deep breathe and realize, it's just a game.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^exactly, people keep saying the same things
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

It does work, just not with the trailers YOU want.

People say the same thing because people complain about the same thing. You have the answer, you have the reasoning, what’s the problem?
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

Nigelbilt wrote:It does work, just not with the trailers YOU want.

People say the same thing because people complain about the same thing. You have the answer, you have the reasoning, what’s the problem?
I thinkg it works great really, considering I didn't think we would actually be able to use that thing solo. Plus if we look back at FS15 the forage harvesters only worked with the same trailers, it was only in 17 here that the forage harvester to work with bigger trailers. Just some people get very lazy when it comes to these specialized crops, well news flash, they are extremely work intensive crops.

I live about 10 miles from a large potato farm, and the acreage I can do with 1 tractor/seeder or 1 harvester takes an entire army of tractors,planters and harvesters. I see them plant those potatoes every now and then and they have 4 planters going, 2-3 semis with with the seed potato and a dozen men. If it isn't a cereal crop, it takes more time.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Lord Nighthawk

Post by Lord Nighthawk »

Downloaded an auger wagon from Modhoster, deleted all other fruits and added sugarCane only, changed trailerLow to trailer and now i have an auger wagon fitting perfectly behind that thing.

A shame Giants seem not to have ideas like that for a bit more playing comfort. I would have loved to see a auger wagon from Giants with a conveyor belt unload from lizard for to have a bit more comfort with harvesting sugar cane solo...
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

Now I wonder why nobody wants to have potatoes or sugarbeets in the auger wagons. You never hear them ask for such a thing?
PS4 player
Lord Nighthawk

Post by Lord Nighthawk »

ErwinR55 wrote:Now I wonder why nobody wants to have potatoes or sugarbeets in the auger wagons. You never hear them ask for such a thing?
As i said, for "raw" stuff like potatoes and sugar beet exist auger wagons with conveyor belts. As only the holmer terra variant pack has something like this i had to improvise with a modable normal auger wagon (i know that the unload pipe wormdrive would get blocked or simply crush the fruit under normal circumstances). Better then having to stop all 50 metres for to unload on the field border with time consuming manual overloading. I still have the hope that giants overthink the actually really bad solution for soloplay harvesting with the a8800 and maybe offer something like a conveyor belt auger on their own.

The actual discussion is really a bit of beside, no game is 100% accurate to reality and different player types require different possiblities for to be able to play in the style they want or their real life requires them to. A multiplayer team will have no problem with the current solution but a normal solo player with a more or less limited timeframe will get mad as the current solution will force about 4 or more hours of work for a small field from him and that is .... a bit much for a game. There always has to be a progress flow and if bad solutions break that flow players won´t be satisfied with it over a long term.
Last edited by Lord Nighthawk on Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zetor9145

Post by Zetor9145 »

So have been playing this afternoon and have found the high hitch tandem trailer with any of the bodies work well from here https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... tle=fs2017 with AI vehicle extension on round and round.

For some reason, the low hitch which was a better match hitch hight wise didn't connect (work that one out????)

Oh sorry just looked and its a PC only Mod.....Sorry.
Xtry_online

Post by Xtry_online »

Lord Nighthawk wrote:Downloaded an auger wagon from Modhoster, deleted all other fruits and added sugarCane only, changed trailerLow to trailer and now i have an auger wagon fitting perfectly behind that thing.

A shame Giants seem not to have ideas like that for a bit more playing comfort. I would have loved to see a auger wagon from Giants with a conveyor belt unload from lizard for to have a bit more comfort with harvesting sugar cane solo...
Might you be able to upload that to the modhub for PS4? Should work aslong as no extra unknown scripts are implemented wich isnt the case reading what you did.
Would be really great to have it on PS4/Xbox And we cannot just edit these files.

Greets
texasplowboy

Post by texasplowboy »

Just my 2 cents here. I thank Giants for putting a hitch on the harvester. The issue here is not with a trailer, but with the AI/helper. I have modded a half dozen trailers to hook up to the harvester, but the AI/helper turns to sharp and the unloading belt looses contact with the trailer. After that the harvester stops in its tracks. Since Giants wont allow the harvester to be edited by its customers, we now have to wait to see if Giants will listen and edit the AI/helper.

I know many will say its not realist. I have been in the farming world a long time and can say sometimes you have to come up with some crazy ideals to get the job done.