Case A8800 coupler

jenna_q

Re: Case A8800 coupler

Post by jenna_q »

redglasses wrote:
Ox91 wrote:I got an email from Giants and it sounds like they made the case sugarcane harvester work with trailers like that on purpose
now thats a bit strange :confusednew:
Not really. That hitch is more Giants throwing the single player people a bone. That hitch shoudln't even be there. However if you only play single player having that hitch allows people to actually be able to use it and not need an AI beside it.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

jenna_q wrote:
redglasses wrote:
Ox91 wrote:I got an email from Giants and it sounds like they made the case sugarcane harvester work with trailers like that on purpose
Not really. That hitch is more Giants throwing the single player people a bone. That hitch shoudln't even be there. However if you only play single player having that hitch allows people to actually be able to use it and not need an AI beside it.

This right here. Seems the constant whining here about the lack of realism in FS only applies to certain things. If that realism involves any sort of effort, screw that.
Tazman1983

Post by Tazman1983 »

It will attach to the Agroliner 31,500 mod trailer. Only issue is that with a worker it struggles to turn around
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

Clear some headlands, give him/her more room.
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Nigelbilt wrote:Clear some headlands, give him/her more room.
Not used either yet but I can imagine the harvester has a tight turn like the potato harvester given its working width and with the mod trailer having a dolly front end it tends to tie itself in knots maybe? Anyone tried the Fliegl Bull? That attaches to a number of vehicles most other tippers won't, like the JCB wheel loader and telehandler.
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

Yeah it CONNECTS to the Bull and the ingame small Agroliner. However, the problem is when the AI reaches the end of a row and completes their turn, it gets stuck and then "blocked by object." I haven't found a trailer yet that lets the AI continue but if anyone does please post it. This harvester was the reason I bought the DLC and I'm about ready to get a refund.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

wiseguy49 wrote:Yeah it CONNECTS to the Bull and the ingame small Agroliner. However, the problem is when the AI reaches the end of a row and completes their turn, it gets stuck and then "blocked by object." I haven't found a trailer yet that lets the AI continue but if anyone does please post it. This harvester was the reason I bought the DLC and I'm about ready to get a refund.
You need the tandem trailers
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

eric21 wrote: You need the tandem trailers
Which tandem trailers are you talking about? Are they on the official modhub?
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

jenna_q wrote:
redglasses wrote:
I would have thought you could use one of the over loader tippers though :confusednew: , even if they just changed the lizard one to have the same hitch
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

The garage harvester approach works for me. I just use a T7 and 2 MF trailers. Set it straight, set cruise at 6, and you're good
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
Farmer_S

Post by Farmer_S »

redglasses wrote:
jenna_q wrote:
redglasses wrote: now thats a bit strange :confusednew:
I would have thought you could use one of the over loader tippers though :confusednew: , even if they just changed the lizard one to have the same hitch
Yes, I wish for the exact same thing as you. Just the lizard over loader wouldn't be too much to ask for, surely? I tried hooking them up, and the hitch for the over loaders looked to be around the same height for the hitch on the harvester.
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

So I know that people think that the harvester not being able to hook to trailers or the AI struggling with trailers is a bug, but it's not. Here is a link to the website for this machine and you will see that it does not even have a hitch IRL

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrBTvl ... yrhplZABI-

I believe Giants put a hitch on it for people who play single player so that you could do a headland or a real tight space but really didn't intend for it to always be used with a trailer. The proper way to use it is to have a worker on it while you drive along side it with a tipper. There are a bunch of pictures in the link and I have also looked around other sources and you can't find anything with this style of cane harvester pulling a tipper....ever. So it's not a bug and it's not broken that's just the way it's done and Giants try to keep things as realistic as possible.
PS4
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

^^^ what he said

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

The bottom line is GIANTS put a hitch on it. So I want to use it. Real life or not, I appreciate that, however I also play farming sim the way I want. I will never criticize anyone playing how they want, which is the beauty of this game. And for me that is having trailers with limitless weight and capacities of 500,000 to 2,000,000 depending on my application. There has to be a trailer that will work with it without getting caught up in its track. So, has anyone found one that works? If so please which one is it?
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

wiseguy49 wrote:The bottom line is GIANTS put a hitch on it. So I want to use it. Real life or not, I appreciate that, however I also play farming sim the way I want. I will never criticize anyone playing how they want, which is the beauty of this game. And for me that is having trailers with limitless weight and capacities of 500,000 to 2,000,000 depending on my application. There has to be a trailer that will work with it without getting caught up in its track. So, has anyone found one that works? If so please which one is it?
It is in this post on the first page. However for the sake of simplicity you can use the Metaltech DB 8, Farmtech TDK 1600 and the Agroliner HKD 302. Then on the modhub (consoles as well) can use the Agroliner HKD 402 and the Fliegl TMK 266 Bull.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War