can you make sugarcane pallets with the Grimme

wildberry

Re: can you make sugarcane pallets with the Grimme

Post by wildberry »

Oseh wrote:It would make sense that you should be able to pallet cane, as it works similar to potatoes
Actually it does not make sense... which is easy to get if you ever been near an agricultural sorting or packing machine.
The Grimme is for beets, potatoes and the sort of rounded root crops, sugarcane is nothing like that so the machine not working should not be a surprise.
MC, aka Master of Cereals
Mydamnwell

Post by Mydamnwell »

A quick edit by Giants would be much appreciated, as it is the Grimme only takes the two types.

No need to talk about realism here, there are so many larger nuances you should be worried about if that's your thing. Sugar cane can come in pallets, and it can be palletized in real life. It also goes bad extremely quickly so storing it in a pile on the dirt is the antithesis of realism. Maybe if it all went bad overnight... That'd be realistic.
Console pleb [PS4]
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

Mydamnwell wrote:A quick edit by Giants would be much appreciated, as it is the Grimme only takes the two types.
So you want more realism yet demand unrealistic Grimme palletizers? Awesome logic :lol:
MC, aka Master of Cereals
Mydamnwell

Post by Mydamnwell »

Read again, I was making a jab at you for complaining about realism.
Console pleb [PS4]
Beastofwar

Post by Beastofwar »

If it couldn't be put on pallets because it is unrealistic how come we start out with pallets to load the sower ? :mrgreen: *thumbsup*

Btw i used that thing the 1 time and sold it since it grows back out of its own.....took it's damn time to sow, not want to do that again if i don't have to. :confusednew:
Intel i5 3570K 3.40 GHZ (Quad Core)
8 GB Memory DDR3
R9 280 GFX card 3GB DDR5
1x 64GB SDD 1x 128 GB SDD 1x 1TB HDD
Win 10 Professional 64 bit
SimulatedSphere

Post by SimulatedSphere »

This would make this a lot cleaner or you can buy empty pallets for like 10 dollars and fill them.
XBOX ONE S ( I don't have limited power :biggrin2: )| FS17 | UK
Just waiting for FS19!
I play with as much realism as possible :wink3:
XBOX ONE S ¦ On Estancia / Sussex Farm / Oakfield |FS13 , FS15 , FS17
Thank you to all modders out there , the game would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
Thank you to Giants as my Xbox would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
garyst

Post by garyst »

Mydamnwell wrote:A quick edit by Giants would be much appreciated, as it is the Grimme only takes the two types.

No need to talk about realism here, there are so many larger nuances you should be worried about if that's your thing. Sugar cane can come in pallets, and it can be palletized in real life. It also goes bad extremely quickly so storing it in a pile on the dirt is the antithesis of realism. Maybe if it all went bad overnight... That'd be realistic.
Sugarcane won't go bad overnight by storing it on the ground in piles. Farmers here in louisiana leave their cane in huge piles on the ground sometimes for several days at a time before loading it up with an excavator onto the semis for transport.

cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

Shame the modded Grimme RH 24-60 no longer works (not updated for the last few patches). At least you could edit that one to include sugarcane as a viable input.

+1 for palletizing sugarcane!!

Sidenote - anyone know if the Fliegl Palletized system has been updated for sugarcane? That might work in lieu (though I personally would prefer the Grimme).
GaGrumpyDad

Post by GaGrumpyDad »

Personally I would like to see a sugar refinery that we can place on our farm to put the sugar cane in to make sugar, then palletize the sugar and sell it at a sale point like Hay and straw pellets. Then we could get rid of the cane for a little better price as sugar.