Sugar Cane - What you should know

RODHA

Re: Sugar Cane - What you should know

Post by RODHA »

Guil wrote:
wiseguy49 wrote:Because I paid for it. As long as I don't distribute it, which I never do, then I should be able to make whatever edits I so please.
All of the equipment that is in the base game is editable.
Unfortunately lots of other people don't think the same.
Wiseguy is right on that one. As long as he doesn't distribute or make money on the modifications he is entiteled to do so as he payed for the product. This right is protected by law in almost every country in the world. I know because I'm in patent business and this is one of the core aspects of intellectual property rights.
On the other hand though, the manufacturer or the producer doesn't have any obligation to make the content editable or accessible. They just can't accuse or inhibit anyone who does modify the content.
PS5 / FS22
Guil

Post by Guil »

Nobody is accusing anyone but to think that, if the dlc wasn't encrypted that it wouldn't end up on mod sites in the first few hours is madness. It's about being fair as well as protecting their interests, how annoyed would you be if you purchased the dlc and saw it on mod sites? Then there's the massive issue with consoles only able to access mods on modhub.

The complaints would be endless and everyone would look for a refund.
Cajunwolf

Post by Cajunwolf »

RODHA wrote:
Guil wrote:
wiseguy49 wrote:Because I paid for it. As long as I don't distribute it, which I never do, then I should be able to make whatever edits I so please.
All of the equipment that is in the base game is editable.
Unfortunately lots of other people don't think the same.
Wiseguy is right on that one. As long as he doesn't distribute or make money on the modifications he is entiteled to do so as he payed for the product. This right is protected by law in almost every country in the world. I know because I'm in patent business and this is one of the core aspects of intellectual property rights.
On the other hand though, the manufacturer or the producer doesn't have any obligation to make the content editable or accessible. They just can't accuse or inhibit anyone who does modify the content.
I appreciate the clarification on that matter RODHA, and another reason is that it's a download that cost money, and yes I paid for it, but if they made the content freely available to mod no one would buy the platinum edition if they could get it for free. This is why Sosnovka wasn't available to mod in the gold edition of FS 15. It's still a bummer, and I wish something could be worked out because I would really like to be able to modify Estancia Lapacho to the way I would make it, and be able to create more maps on a similar theme.
SimulatedSphere

Post by SimulatedSphere »

You can fill up the gessner planter with sugarcane from the normal seed pallets!!
XBOX ONE S ( I don't have limited power :biggrin2: )| FS17 | UK
Just waiting for FS19!
I play with as much realism as possible :wink3:
XBOX ONE S ¦ On Estancia / Sussex Farm / Oakfield |FS13 , FS15 , FS17
Thank you to all modders out there , the game would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
Thank you to Giants as my Xbox would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
Guil

Post by Guil »

Yes we know that but it's much more expensive than using the sugarcane pallets.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Besides, although the planters accept solid fertilizer only, the animation shows liquid is applied while planting. Weird.
PS5 / FS22
Beastofwar

Post by Beastofwar »

I have used "Follow Me" mod on the Sugar Cane harvester but it doesn't work well for me. Maybe i am doing something wrong but the tractor with trailer ends up blocking the tracked harvester in it's turn. Could be useful on a really long field though.

Too bad Courseplay can't control the Sugar Cane harvester to behave like a normal harvester and empty itself on a set spot or call a tractor to unload in. At least so far as i have tried it.
Intel i5 3570K 3.40 GHZ (Quad Core)
8 GB Memory DDR3
R9 280 GFX card 3GB DDR5
1x 64GB SDD 1x 128 GB SDD 1x 1TB HDD
Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Beastofwar

Post by Beastofwar »

Another attempt to make less transport trips then the small trailers that can be used by the harvester. Isn't really less work though.

The large DLC sugar cane trailer can hook up to the A 8800 but it's conveyor prevents it from being able to use it.
8 GB Memory DDR3
R9 280 GFX card 3GB DDR5
Perfectcoffee

Post by Perfectcoffee »

RODHA wrote:Besides, although the planters accept solid fertilizer only, the animation shows liquid is applied while planting. Weird.
I think that is the best way to represent Fert? Maybe solid Fert looked more strange.
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

Beastofwar wrote:Image

Another attempt to make less transport trips then the small trailers that can be used by the harvester. Isn't really less work though.

The large DLC sugar cane trailer can hook up to the A 8800 but it's conveyor prevents it from being able to use it.

Hey, you don't have to use that small conveyer in front. All you need is the big one for that setup
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

FordFarmer97 wrote: Hey, you don't have to use that small conveyer in front. All you need is the big one for that setup
I think he's tipping onto the floor hence he needs the pickup conveyor. If you tip directly onto the quantum you're restricted to the speed it can shift the product at aren't you?
IseOlen

Post by IseOlen »

Cajunwolf wrote:Now on big fields where you need to be doing a lot of things including other harvest a course play setup as described by Beastofwar is your best solution.
This setup requires you to constantly babysit it hooking and unhooking trailers from harvester to tractor. Having separate courses (harvest and unload) allows the field to be harvested without any intervention. In case you run two (or more) tractors on "unload" course you also finish a lot faster: harvester does not have to wait for unload course tractor to return - another tractor with a tipper will take over when first one turns away from harvester.
It's basically the same as using forage harvester + tippers to forage corn and unload it into BGA (where the third course is used to level+compact unloaded chaff).
Too bad Courseplay can't control the Sugar Cane harvester to behave like a normal harvester and empty itself on a set spot or call a tractor to unload in. At least so far as i have tried it.
As I understand, sugarcane harvester should work exactly like forage harvesters - always call for a tractor. I don't have Platinum yet. Can't test it myself.
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

FarmerJimbob wrote:
FordFarmer97 wrote: Hey, you don't have to use that small conveyer in front. All you need is the big one for that setup
I think he's tipping onto the floor hence he needs the pickup conveyor. If you tip directly onto the quantum you're restricted to the speed it can shift the product at aren't you?
Yeah it does make it go slower. Sorry I didn't see that
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
Beastofwar

Post by Beastofwar »

IseOlen wrote: As I understand, sugarcane harvester should work exactly like forage harvesters - always call for a tractor. I don't have Platinum yet. Can't test it myself.
It does call tractors on CP and keep them at it's side just as FM does, but both fail when the A 8800 makes a turn. Probably because it is tracked. Maybe turn radius can be fiddled with in CP though.
8 GB Memory DDR3
R9 280 GFX card 3GB DDR5
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

Sadly I wasted my money on this DLC. Oh well live and learn. I'll use my modified Holmer and be done with it.