Sugar Cane - What you should know

Omez

Re: Sugar Cane - What you should know

Post by Omez »

They also should have included a stool splitter fertilizer in the pack for the full range of equipment.
Instead of just surface spraying (from what I can tell, that is much less efficient when fertilizing sugar cane than direct fertilizing) use the proper equipment! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XMFWw0iXoo
Snowmexican

Post by Snowmexican »

If periodic plowing is on the cane should die after the third harvest I want to be able to use the planter too and I've already started on medium give us more control of the game
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

Snowmexican wrote:If periodic plowing is on the cane should die after the third harvest I want to be able to use the planter too and I've already started on medium give us more control of the game
It has been said that if you play on HARD mode you'll need to replant after the third harvest. Can anyone confirm this? So far I've only had 1 harvest.
garyst

Post by garyst »

Omez wrote:They also should have included a stool splitter fertilizer in the pack for the full range of equipment.
Instead of just surface spraying (from what I can tell, that is much less efficient when fertilizing sugar cane than direct fertilizing) use the proper equipment! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XMFWw0iXoo
There are alot of cane implements that have been left out. Most having to do with tillage. There are no bedding tools available which is disappointing to me. Also all the cane farmers in my area sidedress ammonium nitrate liquid fertilizer in the spring to help get the crop going and there is no option to do that in the game either.
Omez

Post by Omez »

garyst wrote:
There are alot of cane implements that have been left out. Most having to do with tillage. There are no bedding tools available which is disappointing to me. Also all the cane farmers in my area sidedress ammonium nitrate liquid fertilizer in the spring to help get the crop going and there is no option to do that in the game either.
I don't know all the equipment used, I saw one tool that looked like a weeder, that could go in the weeding category.
Beside that, I don't know about the sidedress fertilizer... might be nice. I just miss that now there is no fertilizing options at all related to sugar canes.
If they could make one or two of the alternatives that exists it will be much nicer (for me at least, I know some don't like canes at all)
ekeenan

Post by ekeenan »

There were 2 posts that questioned if the AI farmer also plants sugar cane? The answer to that is yes. I noticed one of the farms with the familiar sowed sugar cane look.
ekeenan

Post by ekeenan »

Disregard my previous post. I assumed it was sugar cane without checking the crop information.
garyst

Post by garyst »

Omez wrote:
garyst wrote:
I don't know all the equipment used, I saw one tool that looked like a weeder, that could go in the weeding category.
Beside that, I don't know about the sidedress fertilizer... might be nice. I just miss that now there is no fertilizing options at all related to sugar canes.
If they could make one or two of the alternatives that exists it will be much nicer (for me at least, I know some don't like canes at all)
Here are a few pics of different types of cane implements I see being used here in central louisiana.

url=https://image.giants-software.com/index ... h=xtocTmJr]Image[/url]

Cajunwolf

Post by Cajunwolf »

@garyst
All right, another Louisiana farmer, kewl. I worked sugar cane fields in South Louisiana when in high school and collage. Usually drove a tractor pulling two cane carts, all day and all night. Yeah, ether Giants, or the mod community will have to come up with some more of the cane farming implements. They defiantly need to come up with a way to inject ammonium nitrate into the fields, I've done that in the past.
NateS

Post by NateS »

I wonder how long the equipment list is when the start working on a crop like this and how it gets whittled down to almost nothing... There's a planter, a harvester, and a trailer. I'm sure there's much more to it in real life!
PC & PS4
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Harvesting with the trailed harvester is a complete PITA.
Worker messes up almost everywhere.
PS5 / FS22
NateS

Post by NateS »

I think it depends on the field. I've had good and bad luck with it. The worst part is when the tractor turns around and drives straight through the crop... That's just stupid!
PC & PS4
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

At some parts, it just tops off the crop and leaves the stalks un-harvested.
That is even more stupid.
PS5 / FS22
NateS

Post by NateS »

That part is very stupid as well since IRL the topper is directly over the intake.
PC & PS4
swg

Post by swg »

I wish we had an irrigation system. We have several areas in South America that they are irrigated. This is really common tbh.