Split Screen Multiplayer

NateS

Split Screen Multiplayer

Post by NateS »

I wonder if this has ever been brought up before. My son and I play split screen on many different types of games. We love this game but sadly, only one of us can play at a time. There are many farming operations that work better with 2 people. Not the least of which is the new sugarcane harvest. It's an absolute pain in the butt by yourself.

Am I alone in wanting split screen multiplayer implemented in the next game?
PC & PS4
cpu_m_rossi

Re: Split Screen Multiplayer

Post by cpu_m_rossi »

I doubt a console could handle split screen with this game, I turned off some mods cause I was getting stutters on a save on my Xbox One.
So imagine now the console has to render everything twice for two people to play on the same screen.
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

There's a couple of threads knocking around on this. Personally I don't think it will happen since the multiplayer market has moved to online and is never coming back to same machine gaming aside from being supported by a few sports titles. I don't agree with the technical capability argument since the resolution the machine has to cope with doesn't change in split screen and older technology coped with the concept. I do wonder however how well FS would work in split-screen given the field of view you would each be restricted to.
stevoxsi

Post by stevoxsi »

I would love this. I mentioned it in the ideas for fs19.
Fs11-15 on pc. Fs17 & 19 on xb1.
NateS

Post by NateS »

Currently, the only way I can play multiplayer with my son is if I pay for PSN, buy a second PlayStation, another Television, and another copy of the game... This seems like a ridiculous expense when we can play many other games together with our current setup.
PC & PS4
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

That was Xbox’s explanation for no split screen in major titles (Halo 5, Forza 6 etc).

They said the console was not powerful enough to render a full HD game twice with frame rates they considered acceptable.
markare

Post by markare »

NateS wrote:Currently, the only way I can play multiplayer with my son is if I pay for PSN, buy a second PlayStation, another Television, and another copy of the game... This seems like a ridiculous expense when we can play many other games together with our current setup.
You don't need to buy seperately copies of games. Both console have game share abilities. That will allow both people to use 1 version on 2 seperately machines. Unlike the PC version where you need 2 copies to run a dedicated server for multiplayer. Since multiplayer is played using your own Internet and not an external server then no need for another copy of the game and it also only needs one subscription of either psn or Live. Takes less than 30 seconds to sort it and as long as the title is a digital download the game and all dlc will be available to both users. Right now you can get PS4 very cheap aswell as a tv. Doesn't need to be new. I'm using a 12 year old flat screen run at should have quit a long time ago that cost me £20 from a charity shop and my main smart tv is in the other room so my partner has access to tv and movies while I play my games
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
NateS

Post by NateS »

Can anyone else confirm that a second copy of the game is not needed? I've never been able to play a game on PS4 without inserting the disk first.
PC & PS4
markare

Post by markare »

Only if it's digital downloads like I said in my other post
Xb1
NateS

Post by NateS »

Sorry, I didn't catch that part. I have an actual copy of the game. I prefer hard copies. I can return them to gamestop for a credit toward the next game. Also, I don't have to pay full retail for it!
PC & PS4
markare

Post by markare »

Digital downloads go on sale and drop considerably in price. If you get tired of playing it delete it from your hard drive. When you feel the urge to fire it up again reinstall and away you go. Physical copies of games you have returned you then need to go repurchase. Digital are for life. For instance FS17 was on sale not that long ago with 30% off. It is for sale yet again literally 2 months apart
Xb1
NateS

Post by NateS »

Currently I can get a used copy of the game from gamestop for $38 and a refurbished PS4 for $250. Another $2-500 on a tv and I'll be all set!
PC & PS4
Diggity

Post by Diggity »

I think it has ended by now, but PSN had a 60% off sale recently! I just bought the digital version for $19!
NateS

Post by NateS »

I think this kinda got off topic. The cheapest thing about this is the game itself.

The issue is I can't play with my son on split screen and I think it would be a nice addition for some of us.

The current workaround involves buying another console/tv/game/PS plus subscription...
PC & PS4
Diggity

Post by Diggity »

Ya, I completely agree. I would also like to see split screen. Didn't the new NASCAR game recently released include split screen? I don't buy the not powerful enough claim.