Split Screen Multiplayer

Nigelbilt

Re: Split Screen Multiplayer

Post by Nigelbilt »

A game boy advance could run NASCAR heat 2. There is a lot less for the gpu to render and a lot less for the cpu to calculate compared to FS17.
Diggity

Post by Diggity »

What is it about fs17 and compare that to NASCAR as to why one is simpler or easier to render. What elements of any game cause it to be more power consuming from a gpu point of view?
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

Graphical fidelity. Texture qualities. Polygons. The amount of textures actually being rendered at any given time.
Diggity

Post by Diggity »

I'm just trying to get a bit more educated on the topic. I have a background in computer science but nothing in the way of this topic. I'm sure most folks like me see each game and when on does split and the other doesn't you ask why.

Thanks for the help.
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

None of this might be the reason why FS doesn’t have split screen though. I was just stating Microsoft’s response to some titles not having split screen. It could be that it is not worth the manhours implementing split screen for the vast minority that would use it. It could be they just didn’t want to. Only GIANTS know why.
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

I'm no genius when it comes to this either but the way I understand it is this. Other games only render only a very small amount of things at a time and then when you go to the next level of track or vehicle you have a loading screen and you wait until it loads. FS renders every object, vehichle, animal ect at the same time and that is why you don't have a loading screen every time you tab to a new vehicle. Now to have split screen the console would have to have this going twice and as it is they are struggling to do it once, never mind having to do it again. The way the game engine for FS works I think even a high end gaming PC would struggle with split screen, let alone our relatively weak consoles. Don't get me wrong I would like it because I could play with my nephews when they come over but in reality I cant see this ever happening for this game.
PS4
Tuurboclaw

Post by Tuurboclaw »

NateS wrote:Currently I can get a used copy of the game from gamestop for $38 and a refurbished PS4 for $250. Another $2-500 on a tv and I'll be all set!
This is exactly what I did with Xbox. When my kids want to join my farm, they use our second Xbox. I know people say you don’t need a second copy or second account, but I couldn’t get hat to work. So I have two copies of farm sim and two separate Xbox Live accounts. We needed that also to play halo online in ranked games. It just makes it easy and clean.

It also helps as there is usually a kid or group of kids on one of the Xbox’s, so I just play on the one that is open. I have a main farm on each (different maps) so I don’t get tired of one map so fast.

Thanks!
TomXP411

Post by TomXP411 »

Diggity wrote:Ya, I completely agree. I would also like to see split screen. Didn't the new NASCAR game recently released include split screen? I don't buy the not powerful enough claim.
It depends on the game. Racing games don't have the polygon count that Farm Simulator does. Also, even with games that do support split screen, many of them show a markedly reduced frame rate when playing with two or four players. The slowdown is definitely an issue.

Personally, I own 3 consoles precisely because my kid and I game together, and I can't stand split screen gaming. I much prefer having the second console. And it's not like you need a big TV for the second machine - a 24 inch screen works just fine. And I did not need to buy a second copy of the game or a separate XBox Live subscription. I set her console as the "home" console, and I log in to my console with my account. Since anyone using the home console shares my XBL subscription and can play any game I own, we can both play downloaded games at the same time.

So maybe this is an opportunity to buy that PS4 Pro...
PC | XBox One | American Outback, Westbridge
SimulatedSphere

Post by SimulatedSphere »

Fora motorsport 7 has split screen and that has quite the detail.
XBOX ONE S ( I don't have limited power :biggrin2: )| FS17 | UK
Just waiting for FS19!
I play with as much realism as possible :wink3:
XBOX ONE S ¦ On Estancia / Sussex Farm / Oakfield |FS13 , FS15 , FS17
Thank you to all modders out there , the game would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
Thank you to Giants as my Xbox would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

I really wish this game had split screen. Its perfectly setup for father and son gaming. Just a heads up the excuse of consoles not having the power is rubbish. I play with my son on major games with Xbox One that have multiplayer and better graphic then this.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Diggity wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:22 pm What is it about fs17 and compare that to NASCAR as to why one is simpler or easier to render. What elements of any game cause it to be more power consuming from a gpu point of view?
Part of its the graphics and textures and all that fun stuff, but part of it is how they game runs. It loads much more of the map at a time to keep your helpers running when you can't see them, it allows your grops to grow, etc, so its already taking up more resources than most games
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^Ya exactly, have you ever maxed out bales, because then you know how much power the game really is using.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

^^ Yeah I've done that
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
Magnarex

Post by Magnarex »

Nigelbilt wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:51 pm That was Xbox’s explanation for no split screen in major titles (Halo 5, Forza 6 etc).

They said the console was not powerful enough to render a full HD game twice with frame rates they considered acceptable.
That might be the case with Halo and Forza but the issue with this game is a single-core, antiquated game engine.
“I'm not going out of my way looking for devils; but I wouldn't step out of my path to let one go by.”
Magnarex

Post by Magnarex »

Smith Modding wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:15 pm Part of its the graphics and textures and all that fun stuff, but part of it is how they game runs. It loads much more of the map at a time to keep your helpers running when you can't see them, it allows your grops to grow, etc, so its already taking up more resources than most games
I know we've had this conversation before but it has nothing to do with the power of the console and everything to do with the lack of a modern game engine. If you don't believe me then at least believe your own eyes when looking at other vastly superior, open world games that are a hundred times larger, push far more polygons, and still keep track of stuff on the other side of the map.
“I'm not going out of my way looking for devils; but I wouldn't step out of my path to let one go by.”