Buying Fields - Prices?

Diggity

Buying Fields - Prices?

Post by Diggity »

First let me ask, how would you search for this if you were to search the forum before asking like I have here? I tried searching but I might not understand the best way or key words to use in order to satisfy myself that the info is NOT already here someplace in a prior thread.

Now, my question - is the asking price for a non-owned field more expensive when there is a crop ready to Harvest compared to a harvested unprepared field? I normally like to buy a field when it has a crop ready, then I fertilize and pick the crop!

I am aware of the contract jobs reducing the asking price and I do that typically but sometimes if I have the cash and I want the crop I buy it.

Thanks!
RODHA

Re: Buying Fields - Prices?

Post by RODHA »

No. They are all the same. Just dorps if you do contracting for the owner.
It shouldn't be the same field. Just the owner. If you complete 10 contracting jobs for the same owner you get %20 deduction on all their field's selling prices.
PS5 / FS22
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

I normally take a contract to fertilise right before I buy the field. Sometimes I will even take the sowing job to influence what gets sowed. :biggrin2:

As a matter of interest, Giants field starting price per hectare is $81,000. Mod maps can and will vary considerably, the price on TWC is just $16,200/ha.
Diggity

Post by Diggity »

Shoot, I don't think I have ever tried that, you mean I can select the seed when I plant on a contract? Schweet!
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Diggity wrote:Shoot, I don't think I have ever tried that, you mean I can select the seed when I plant on a contract? Schweet!
No, but you can keep cycling the mission until its hopefully a crop that you want. Doesn't always work, I'm not sure every field is programmed to cycle through all the different crops when owned by computer farmers.

edit: actually it seems you can choose seed type on a mission - never thought to try before.
edit2: maybe I had tried it before, it doesn't work with all sowing machines. Maybe only works when using an air cart as when it worked I had the Terminator combo, didn't work with the Great Plains Big Bud sower.