Ford Tractors and product licensing.

eric21

Re: Ford Tractors and product licensing.

Post by eric21 »

Explained above
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

eric21 wrote:Explained above
It doesn't explain why mods for already licensed vehicles and brands don't appear on console though. I can only presume the mod creator doesn't make them console compatible.
RGH

Post by RGH »

You know what? The next FS will go back to the time that everything had to be done by hand or by horse/ox drawn implements. No licencing issues or what so ever. Or is it??
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Mobias wrote:
eric21 wrote:Explained above
It doesn't explain why mods for already licensed vehicles and brands don't appear on console though. I can only presume the mod creator doesn't make them console compatible.
Oh mods, because maybe modders dont want to?
eric21

Post by eric21 »

RGH wrote:You know what? The next FS will go back to the time that everything had to be done by hand or by horse/ox drawn implements. No licencing issues or what so ever. Or is it??
Everything you make or giants make needs some sort of copyright to stop people stealing or uploading without your permision
markare

Post by markare »

Giants have the licence for brands. But under that licence will be limitations so they can only release a certain make and model of it if they want to use newer versions of models or other models that's a whole new licence agreement that is needed. Each agreement will be for specific models not the brand as a whole. As stated earlier there could also be a part of the agreement that allows them to only use them in certain time periods. Take the brand licence as bay a copyright to use a song in a game. The agreement is for a limited time then they need to renew those agreements to continue using them as long as brand new versions of the games are still being released. GTA fell under that problem not so long ago. Copyright for the music they used on their radio stations in game came to an end. They have redone some of the music and added new stuff. This happens because like everything else money talks. So for giants to use EVERY model of a brand they would need to spend more money than they will ever gain back to be able to use them. Unfortunately farm sim is nowhere near the popularity of other games that generate hundreds of millions every year. If it where then I'm sure they would pursue a lot more variations of a brands structure.
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

I suspect its as much to do with the person who makes the mod making it console compatible as it is to do with brand licensing issues. Most mods on the console mod hub are form licensed brands and occasionally we see a new tractor or other vehicle appear from a brand like Fendt. I guess Giants probably do have a blanket deal to use all equipment from some manufacturers but only specific equipment from others.