Great demand question.

FordFarmer97

Re: Great demand question.

Post by FordFarmer97 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:56 pm

^^ Yeah, we do 3 year rotations on corn and beans
Still waitin on a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days! #BluePower
Playin on Xbox One in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
"What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate." -Donald Trump

Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:58 pm

Most crop rotations which include potatoes are 5-7 years long, as potatoes deplete a lot of nutrients from the soil. They are often followed by legumes which are good fixers of nitrogen.
The farm I used to work on rotated potatoes/spring beans/winter wheat/winter wheat/winter barley on about 3000 acres, plus around 800 acres a year of potatoes on rented/contracted land (spread between 10 other farms), and the rented ground yielded consistently several tons to the acre better, because (so the agronomist reckoned) they were all on 7 year rotations, giving the land more time to recover.
Farming The West Coast on pc

SimulatedSphere

Post by SimulatedSphere » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:12 pm

I have never sold at a great demand before , it must be so satisfying .
XBOX ONE S | FS17 | WAITING FOR BSM
"Some people are like clouds.When they go away , it's a brighter day :lol:"

XBOX ONE S ¦ On Estancia and TVTOF . ¦ FS13 , FS15 , FS17

I LOVE CLAAS

MNTopCat

Post by MNTopCat » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:36 pm

Make sure to check the prices before assuming that a great demand price is the best price on the board. I've often found that there is a better price. Great demands seem much less important that they were is FS15.

FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:51 pm

Anyone else have the problem of Great Demands disappearing at midnight? Doesn't always happen so I thought maybe it had been patched but I just had one for sugar cane on Estancia - started at 17:00 for 24 hours but now at midnight it's ended.
PS4 Pro