Odd shaped fields hired hand

abslayer

Odd shaped fields hired hand

Post by abslayer »

Odd shaped fields hired hand problems
In FS 2015 there was a mod that keep hired hand working correct on strange shaped fields.
Is there a mod in 2017 for this ??
W1der

Re: Odd shaped fields hired hand

Post by W1der »

I have been using this with "mixed results" (it sometimes looses orientation / seems to happen when I am tabbing through vehicles)...
https://www.modhoster.com/mods/ai-vehic ... escription
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
abslayer

Post by abslayer »

ZzzAutoCombine and zzzAutoTractor They worked great in FS 2015
Guil

Post by Guil »

I'm nearly sure they were combined to make ai vehicle extension for fs17
abslayer

Post by abslayer »

Thx yes they did I got it
BullFarmer

Post by BullFarmer »

Yes AI vehicle extension generally works quite well. Only occasionally I have issues with vehicles not recognising when they need to turn and carrying on straight ahead into trees, rivers etc but it works well most of the time.

The other thing I use a lot is Courseplay. It is a little different since it can't "see" the crops to harvest or ground to work but it just makes sure that it generates a course to work all of the ground in a field.
It is a little more complicated to set up than AI vehicle extension, but once you play with it enough, it can do really clever stuff and lets you use multiple combines on the same field etc.
Playing on PS4 and PC.
I7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX960 2Gb graphics.

Farmer/tractor driver in real life.
Pict

Post by Pict »

The latest version of Courseplay has some cool new tricks, like avoiding islands or pylons in a field...it also supports sugarcane trailers & sugarcane overloaders *thumbsup*

ClassicTractors

Post by ClassicTractors »

Course play has worked for me....the only tricky part is setting it up. Once you set it up, it works very well IMO.
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks
IseOlen

Post by IseOlen »

Pict wrote:The latest version of Courseplay has some cool new tricks, like avoiding islands or pylons in a field...
This is still in dev version only, right? Is this only for "islands" in the field or can it now work better on C/G-shaped fields as well?
Pict

Post by Pict »

IseOlen wrote: This is still in dev version only, right? Is this only for "islands" in the field or can it now work better on C/G-shaped fields as well?
Yes I'm currently using version 5.02.00035 , I made the above screens with 5.02.00034 and I just noticed 5.02.00036 is out about 10 hours ago, so it's fair to say they are developing it at a pace :)

Can be found here http://courseplay.github.io/courseplay/en/index.html

Not sure what you mean "C/G-shaped fields", I'm guessing it's circular and something not square? Could you give me an example that I could test?

I'm just slowly getting into the new features they recently added...

- new option for course generation to bypass small islands in fields
- added support for sprayer Addon (with the friendly support of David FONTAINE)
- added combine convoy option
- turn maneuver for headland corners to avoid missing fruit
- added option to align to 1st waypoint in mode 2, 4 and 6
- added easy setup for multiple tools on one field work course
- support for Plantium Edition(Still Work In Progress)
- Bugfixes

...when time permits, but as long as you figure out a good course, it appears to work exceptionally well on odd shaped fields, even those that the AI extension simply couldn't cope with, On the Hills map http://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?la ... tle=fs2017, field 56 being a case in point for me, having given up on trying to get the AI to work it, I went as far as removing the pond in the Giants editor...until I saw courseplay's new feature

With coursplay I managed to mow, ted, row & bale this field without stopping or hitting any fence, stone or going in the water

Needless to say this required some time, thought and a little luck to generate the courses, but I don't mind that and once it's done, you can repeat it as often as you like.
IseOlen

Post by IseOlen »

Can CP dev version properly solve fields like this:
Currently my solution has been "create so many headrows that the "tip of C" is fully covered. Otherwise CP tries to "cut" the corner while going back and forth. Sry, cannot explain it any better.
I think "pathfinding" logic would help. This is currently used for "empty combain" mode, where tractor tries to avoid unharvested part and instead of going straight to combain does a nice circle around the field.
Pict

Post by Pict »

IseOlen wrote:Can CP dev version properly solve fields like this:
Currently my solution has been "create so many headrows that the "tip of C" is fully covered. Otherwise CP tries to "cut" the corner while going back and forth. Sry, cannot explain it any better.
I think "pathfinding" logic would help. This is currently used for "empty combain" mode, where tractor tries to avoid unharvested part and instead of going straight to combain does a nice circle around the field.
Explanation is fine, I have encountered this problem since I first got into Courseplay in FS15...in a word, YES :) it now seems to handle it with ease...

I would go further, but decided that there is much more to say on these new Courseplay features and opened a dedicated topic for it, so as not to derail this one any further.

So if you go here https://forum.giants-software.com/viewt ... 5&t=120405 you will get my answer in full.
westphalia999

Post by westphalia999 »

I'm trying to see if Courseplay can handle fields with objects in the way. For example on the West Coast map field 15 (starting field) there are two telephone poles in the middle of the field which the AI doesn't see. I tried to erase part of the field around those poles with the Lizard roller and then reloaded the map so Courseplay could scan the fields but it still tries to route straight through them. How large does a non field area need to be to route around? I've tried standard release 5.2.0 and developer version 5.02.00040 (latest from github) without luck. Any ideas?
AC7045

Post by AC7045 »

Good hired hands are hard to find. I let one take over some of my combining and he/she made a mess of it. I ended up having to go back over some of the rows. This isn't even on an odd shaped field!. They never seem to do clean lines and sometimes I'll find the machine stopped and wonder if they're already on a snicker bar break!

My policy is if you want it done right, you have to do it yourself....

Hired hand:fired!