McHale HS2000

aklein

Re: McHale HS2000

Post by aklein »

its not just a back attacher it has to be offset to the left when looking at the back of the baler.
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

There's a Krone variopack round baler with an offset rear attacher which works with a wrapper. The problem is, with a fully fertilised grass crop rowed up with a 9m rake, you have to bale at 3-4mph, or keep stopping so the wrapper can keep up.
Edit: sorry, I've not actually tried this wrapper yet, I've been using the McHale 991. I'm downloading the HS2000 now, hopefully I can bale a bit faster now!
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

The Krone variopack round baler that I just tried does in fact have a left-side hitch, but it will not hook up to the wrapper.
Playing on PC
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

That's odd, as I've been using it to do exactly that! Did you try any other wrappers? Perhaps this one has a different hitch?
SimulatedSphere

Post by SimulatedSphere »

^^I don't think the MF round baler has an attacher but I'm not very sure since I have never used it because I HATE round balers .
XBOX ONE S ( I don't have limited power :biggrin2: )| FS17 | UK
Just waiting for FS19!
I play with as much realism as possible :wink3:
XBOX ONE S ¦ On Estancia / Sussex Farm / Oakfield |FS13 , FS15 , FS17
Thank you to all modders out there , the game would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
Thank you to Giants as my Xbox would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

I didn't think to try another wrapper, Bob. I'm really just sort of curious about this wrapper; I generally use the Ultima, but this is a cheaper way to start.
Playing on PC
hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

Good catch, Hairy Bob. I changed the wrapper's hitch to match the back hitch of the baler and they hooked right up. Works fine, picks the bales up, wraps them, etc. It's a little frustrating as you have to stop baling, unload the baler, let it wrap, unload the wrapper, close the baler, then keep going. Courseplay will unload and close the baler, but will not unload the wrapper, so you end up dragging a bunch of bales between the baler and wrapper. I sort of expected all of the above; the wrapper works for me as expected once I made that change. Think I'll stick to the Ultima.
Playing on PC
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

If you have the auto unload for bale wrappers mod, that will work with courseplay. I assume CP just doesn't account for having two separate tools to unload. I've got it running right now, it's done about 50 bales of first cut with barely a hitch since I remembered to turn the auto unload on!
The bad news is it's no faster than the 991, or the Ultima. I still have to set the speed at 4mph or the wrapper can't keep up.
Anyone know how to speed up the wrapping? I had a look at the XML file but it didn't look very straightforward and I don't have a lot of free time to fiddle around getting it right. It'd be nice to bale and wrap at more than a walking pace!
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

I wonder why they made them so slow
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

I wasn't aware that there was a mod to auto unload the wrappers, just the baler (which CP does already.) I don't know how to adjust the wrapping speed, but I have changed the capacity of the baler so that the bales hold more product. The bale itself is the same size, but you can double or triple (or whatever) the content. That might allow the wrapper to keep up. It helps with framerates if you're going to have a lot of them sitting around and, if you have a large number of cows it makes feeding them a lot easier.

In the baler's .xml file, look for:

Code: Select all

<fillUnit unit="$l10n_unit_literShort" fillTypeCategories="windrow" capacity="3200" />
then change the capacity to whatever you want. If you're trying to do that to the Ultima it's a little trickier, but doable.
Playing on PC
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

I could do that, I've already upped the capacity of the square balers I use to 6000l, it just didn't seem right that they held the same amount of material as a round bale.
I do like to play as realistically as I can where possible though, and I quite like having stacks of bales dotted around the place. I don't start getting frame drops until there's 150 or so bales in one place.
I might play with the wrapper a bit if I get chance. I'll report back later!
hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

The New Holland self-propelled baler by NLD Farmers has a back and side hitch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMc8o4sT_5A
Playing on PC
Guil

Post by Guil »

Hairy Bob wrote:If you have the auto unload for bale wrappers mod, that will work with courseplay. I assume CP just doesn't account for having two separate tools to unload. I've got it running right now, it's done about 50 bales of first cut with barely a hitch since I remembered to turn the auto unload on!
The bad news is it's no faster than the 991, or the Ultima. I still have to set the speed at 4mph or the wrapper can't keep up.
Anyone know how to speed up the wrapping? I had a look at the XML file but it didn't look very straightforward and I don't have a lot of free time to fiddle around getting it right. It'd be nice to bale and wrap at more than a walking pace!
I'm not really sure but you could try changing this in the xml, maybe 2 or 3 and see does it wrap it any quicker?

Code: Select all

<wrapBale animName="wrapBale" animSpeed="1" />
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

Well spotted Guil, I must have missed that line somehow. The ones I was looking at had a series of start and end times for each animation, and I may have been overthinking things!
I'll have to see about getting some time with the computer when I get home and try this out.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Those lines you mentioned are just a little above the one I posted about. Initially I thought about maybe editing all of those but could be messy lol. Hopefully it works.