MAC compatible Steering Wheels

NVillers86

MAC compatible Steering Wheels

Post by NVillers86 »

Hello everyone. I have wore out another Saitek wheel (5 months seems to be its limit) and I really don't want to go through the warranty claim process again. I have a MAC so the FS wheel was great because it is plug and play without any drivers. I know there is really no MAC compatible wheel so I just wanted to check in with the other 6 MAC users :lol: to see if anyone else has had good luck with other gaming wheels and what you had to do to make it compatible. I think I may be in the market for a new... higher quality wheel and pedals. Thanks for the help!
MAC/PC Version
don_apple

Re: MAC compatible Steering Wheels

Post by don_apple »

The Logitech G29 and G920 steering wheels should work if you install the macOS version of the Logitech Gaming Software: http://support.logitech.com/en_us/software/lgs
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
NVillers86

Post by NVillers86 »

Thank you Don!
MAC/PC Version
c171

Post by c171 »

G'day

i have a G27 wheel and it works perfect with FS17, although it doesn't have force feedback......

Cheers from "one of the 6!"
LS09God

Post by LS09God »

c171 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:57 am G'day

i have a G27 wheel and it works perfect with FS17, although it doesn't have force feedback......

Cheers from "one of the 6!"
Force feedback is (still) not implemented in the game, it never was. Maybe in FS2019? :hmm: Who knows....
Specs:
ASUS ROG Strix X570-E mobo.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 processor.
Corsair 32Gb DDR4 internal mem.
Sandisk 1Tb SSD as boot and game drive.
Samsung 1Tb hdd for general storage.
Gigabyte RTX2070 super graphics card.
Razer Naga Chroma mouse.
Logitech G27, G13. Saiteck HOTAS pro.
Razer BlackWidow Keyboard.
Fiber connection.
NVillers86

Post by NVillers86 »

I appreciate the feedback everyone!
MAC/PC Version
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

don_apple wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:41 pm The Logitech G29 and G920 steering wheels should work if you install the macOS version of the Logitech Gaming Software: http://support.logitech.com/en_us/software/lgs
Hi I am new to the game and enjoying it greatly but I am having issues getting the G29 to work on my Mac. I have managed to set the buttons and pedals but the steering wheel is not moving the wheels and is to stiff to turn. It does power up and move about on start up. I have previously use the Saitek wheel which worked well up to the point the fail ( 2 in 3 months)
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Success I hadn't realised I had to set the wheel for left and right in the key settings and I guess the stiffness was me being used to the "quality" of the Saiteck wheel although is there a way to make it a little easier to turn?
W1der

Post by W1der »

If the stiffness is due to the force feedback ... just pull the power plug and it should turn without resistance ...

Note that the wheel usually needs to be calibrated (this is done with the automatic movement when you power your gear up).
With the G920 that I have it can be done manually by simply turning the wheel fully left and right to allow the software to calibrate the center position.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Thanks pulling the plug gets rid off the force required now just need to have a play around to calibrate it.