Fade2black

Re: How to make power food

Post by Fade2black »

I find a pinch of salt and pepper helps too... :wink3:
ClassicTractors

Post by ClassicTractors »

Thanks for the help guys *thumbsup*
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks
SimulatedSphere

Post by SimulatedSphere »

Fade2black wrote:I find a pinch of salt and pepper helps too... :wink3:
Lol , that was probably what triggered Diggity's sinking cow . :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :wink3: :wink3:
XBOX ONE S ( I don't have limited power :biggrin2: )| FS17 | UK
Just waiting for FS19!
I play with as much realism as possible :wink3:
XBOX ONE S ¦ On Estancia / Sussex Farm / Oakfield |FS13 , FS15 , FS17
Thank you to all modders out there , the game would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
Thank you to Giants as my Xbox would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
Fade2black

Post by Fade2black »

*thumbsup*
SimulatedSphere wrote:
Fade2black wrote:I find a pinch of salt and pepper helps too... :wink3:
Lol , that was probably what triggered Diggity's sinking cow . :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :wink3: :wink3:
Tazman1983

Post by Tazman1983 »

Mega pig mix trailer, 4 bales straw, 6 hay and top up with silage
SimulatedSphere

Post by SimulatedSphere »

Tazman1983 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:54 pm Mega pig mix trailer, 4 bales straw, 6 hay and top up with silage
Thanks , i will use that mixture on spectacle island.
XBOX ONE S ( I don't have limited power :biggrin2: )| FS17 | UK
Just waiting for FS19!
I play with as much realism as possible :wink3:
XBOX ONE S ¦ On Estancia / Sussex Farm / Oakfield |FS13 , FS15 , FS17
Thank you to all modders out there , the game would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
Thank you to Giants as my Xbox would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
#Joe2015

Post by #Joe2015 »

I don't feed any straw in my TMR. I use the Peecon mixer, put 40,000L of silage and the rest is hay. Makes a good ration for me for feeding 4500-5500 head on two different maps
PC/Clover Creek/Parker’s Prairie
JCBman21

Post by JCBman21 »

#Joe2015 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:50 pm I don't feed any straw in my TMR. I use the Peecon mixer, put 40,000L of silage and the rest is hay. Makes a good ration for me for feeding 4500-5500 head on two different maps
You don't have to give them straw but it's much cheaper than silage so you could use 10,000L of straw each time and be using less of that expensive silage :smileynew:
Playing on PS4
#Joe2015

Post by #Joe2015 »

JCBman21 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:06 pm
#Joe2015 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:50 pm I don't feed any straw in my TMR. I use the Peecon mixer, put 40,000L of silage and the rest is hay. Makes a good ration for me for feeding 4500-5500 head on two different maps
You don't have to give them straw but it's much cheaper than silage so you could use 10,000L of straw each time and be using less of that expensive silage :smileynew:
Silage isn't that expensive. I have all the equipment for it, it just takes a long while to harvest and I just use the straw for bedding. For me, its easier to just use two items for feeding, using the large mixer
JCBman21

Post by JCBman21 »

For sure buddy 2 each their own *thumbsup*
Playing on PS4
Cajunwolf

Post by Cajunwolf »

I make a lot of silage, but I use corn. On GCV, which I've played, what a year now since it's come out, so I have a lot of equipment and land. Yes, the forage harvester is expensive, along with two Fliegle Bull66 32,000 l trailers to pull behind it, but it pays off fast in several ways. For instance, I'll plant say field 9 I think it is, near 12 acres, in corn for silage, and this will fill almost all of the bunkers in the BGP which last a long time. From here I haul all that I need to the cattle area, and sell it off as the price gets right with the 8000 l silage fork. The added benefit is the slurry it makes you can, besides the slurry from the cattle, use on your fields to save on fertilizer.

I save or sell all of my straw from my wheat and barley harvest. I keep plenty of bedding the cows and pigs plus as filler for the power food. Using square bales and the 16 bail auto-load trailer, you make right around 7000 dollars per load, good money on a big field. As mentioned by others, I use as much straw as fillers as I can for power food as it's cheaper than silage, and less work that hay.

Right now I have 323 cows, 257 pigs, and 150 sheep, I do a lot of mowing, tethering, windrowing, and bailing of hay. Excess hay, like straw, makes good money. I'm fixing to sell 57 pigs, they breed fast in numbers and make darn good money.

I use the forage silo mentioned above, and keep a lot of loose hay and straw. It's a great tool when you get above 150 cows.

I said all of that to say this; you will work out your on method once you have enough cows, pig, or sheep where they require more and more frequent attention. I'll also say don't worry so much about precise ratios. As mentioned, as long as you're between the lines on the mixer display, your good to go.
jim&holly

Post by jim&holly »

load the mod mixing station on the mods section where you start game..no measuring..just keep bins full of grass..silage and straw..easiest way I love it..and I also use the "hooch silo" in the mods section also..makes silage in a silo instead of the bunkers..don't need to compact..don't need loader or nothing..just drive under load tube and that is it
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Exactly, I dont either when I'm dealing with large amounts of cows. Maybe around 20,000L of hay from forage and chips silo, then fill with silage
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
#Joe2015

Post by #Joe2015 »

redglasses wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:21 am
Exactly, I dont either when I'm dealing with large amounts of cows. Maybe around 20,000L of hay from forage and chips silo, then fill with silage
Thats where Im now storing my hay too, those silos are great. Its easier to just add to two items to the mixer, now if we had different commodites like ground corn, haylage, cotton seed and stuff like id be more likely to add them if it made a difference
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

^^ Ground corn is what I feed IRL
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.