Suspension

SidFarming

Suspension

Post by SidFarming »

Hello fellow farmers. (sorry for my bad english) And also escuse me for the lack of explanation, im very bad at it :))
My name is Sid. Im a real farmer here in sweden and driving John deere. 8400 and 6190r witch I also drive ingame.
I have something I would like to discuss about and that is the ingame Suspension on the tractors.
In the real world you have front suspension and also Cab suspension, atleast on the new tractors.
And I feel like FS 17 is lacking it quite alot and I dont get that "real world driving" feeling while playing it. Does anyone know if there is a mod for it or if you even if its possible to mod it, maybe Giants can implent it?
Thank you //Sid
Hairy Bob

Re: Suspension

Post by Hairy Bob »

Hey Sid, welcome to the forum! Your English is a lot better than my Swedish!
Have you tried the mod 'ground response' from Giants modhub? That adds a bit of realism in how machines react to terrain.
If you're on PC, there is also the More Realistic mod by Dural, which is available from fs-uk.com . I gather it's only on the forums and is an ongoing work in progress, you might have to do some googling to find it. It does change a lot of things like adding wheelslip, altering fuel, seed and fertiliser usage, making materials weigh more, and more besides.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
SidFarming

Post by SidFarming »

Hello Bob, thank you for the response.
I do have the ground response mod and sure it adds abit of realism to it.
I do however play on PC and just downloaded the realisticmod from FS UK. I want to Thank you for that. I sure adds the realism I was looking for. However, I still want more of the suspension, I am abit greedy but thats just how I am. Once again thank you :)
//Sid
skogseide

Post by skogseide »

about the realistic mod... I installed it as well.. however... cutting grass with the Big M500, and having the Strautman loading wagon connected to it at the same time makes the cutting and collecting going really really really slow for me compared to not using realistic mod... is this how it is supposed to be? If not, am I doing something wrong maybe?

In advance, thank you!
Thefisherj

Post by Thefisherj »

Probably not enough to run it or too much grass for the pick up to run faster
skogseide

Post by skogseide »

Thefisherj wrote:Probably not enough to run it or too much grass for the pick up to run faster
The Big M500 have plenty enough power to run that trailer.. however, it depends on how much power it uses to cut the grass though..

another thing is that the Big M500 is not converted to the MR mod.. maybe thats an issue as well..

Anyway, it is a bit annoying it going so slow, but I still think it is more realistic going slow with MR than how it works in the vanilla game.

I was just wondering if I were doing something completely wrong, or if MR is conflicting with any of my other mods for some reason. If anyone else has tried the Big M500, cutting grass and collecting it with the big trailer I mentioned earlier here, please let me know how it works for you guys.

Thanks.
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

How slow is it actually going? IRL the engine will be sized to be on top of the job of powering the mowers and keeping the machine moving, I don't think it's designed to power extra machinery and tow a load around at the same time. The more realistic mod is probably working as designed, unless you're only managing 1-2mph on the flat.
One thing you could do is use a worker to mow, while you follow with a loading wagon/whatever, or else you drive the mower and use follow me to pick up the grass. You'd probably get on a good bit quicker.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
skogseide

Post by skogseide »

Hairy Bob wrote:How slow is it actually going? IRL the engine will be sized to be on top of the job of powering the mowers and keeping the machine moving, I don't think it's designed to power extra machinery and tow a load around at the same time. The more realistic mod is probably working as designed, unless you're only managing 1-2mph on the flat.
One thing you could do is use a worker to mow, while you follow with a loading wagon/whatever, or else you drive the mower and use follow me to pick up the grass. You'd probably get on a good bit quicker.
Well.. I'd say it's going as slow as barely moving on flat ground. maybe 4 kph.. but it's better when I don't mow the full length of the mowers, meaning less grass to pick up. Thanks for the advice! *thumbsup*