Sugarcane harvesting.

CarsenGray

Sugarcane harvesting.

Post by CarsenGray »

Hello fellow farmers,

I am having a heck of a time harvesting my first crop of sugarcane. I line up the tractor with the harvester on it, and get a tractor with the trailer next to it, and then hire a worker to drive the harvester. Works fine until he turns around, and I have to drive into the sugar cane. Then I cannot see where my tractor is, or how close/far I am from the helper. Several times I get the message that he is blocked by me. Got so frustrated, I sold all my sugar cane equipment and only took a small 10k load of cane to the market. Is there a way to see where I am going? I tried the cab view but as you can expect, saw nothing but cane up close. Any ideas?
FS-19 (PC)
FragDad

Re: Sugarcane harvesting.

Post by FragDad »

Oh great have got mine planted, but not yet ready to harvest.
Just some old boy who likes playing FS19 on PC .
CarsenGray

Post by CarsenGray »

I have not plowed mine under yet, was hoping to get some ideas first after I calm down. LOL.
FS-19 (PC)
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

You don't have to drive into the sugarcane. Now if using the trailed harvester the AI will drive it's tractor into the crop but you can keep the tractor with tipper on the outside, the off load arm will move. The same goes with the Case, just keep the tractor and tipper on the outside and the AI in the harvester will move the arm over your tipper when you get close enough.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
CarsenGray

Post by CarsenGray »

Face palm. Thanks for the heads up. I just watched a YouTube video where the trailer was connected to the tractor, I had it connected to MY tractor. Works much better when done right. Just need a bigger trailer now. LOL
FS-19 (PC)
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

The small trailed harvester will run any trailer in the game quite well. However the Case is very limited to the Metaltech,Farmtech, Agroliner HKD 302 tippers and the Fliegl Bull, Agroliner HKD 402 mod tippers (both mod tippers are available on console).
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
CarsenGray

Post by CarsenGray »

Thanks for that, I bought the Case sugarcane harvester, but can't get the Random sugarcane trailer to connect to it. Now I know why. What I don't know is why Giants would not tell you what it can work with. Like the harvesters, can only be used with certain headers. Guess I'll use the trailer on the sugarcane harvester that came in the game.
FS-19 (PC)
Guil

Post by Guil »

It has been posted numerous times already what trailers work with it.
dazdaman2014

Post by dazdaman2014 »

any one else noticed that after you harvest your sugarcane if you dont plough or cultivate your field it grows back is this a bug or is ment to be like that
garyst

Post by garyst »

dazdaman2014 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:17 pm any one else noticed that after you harvest your sugarcane if you dont plough or cultivate your field it grows back is this a bug or is ment to be like that
It's meant to be like that. In real life sugarcane will regrow on its own and only needs to be replanted every 3 to 5 years depending on the variety.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

dazdaman2014 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:17 pm any one else noticed that after you harvest your sugarcane if you dont plough or cultivate your field it grows back is this a bug or is ment to be like that
Its type of grass too
Nighteyez

Post by Nighteyez »

Makes it easy, no seed to buy after you plant it once. Took a hosing on my last crop, since prices were so low. So this time I bought extra trailers to store it in. Will keep them full until prices go up. You would think since you are the only one on map growing sugarcane the demand would be high all the time.
Jim

Going through life one crop at a time. :coolnew:
FS-19 PC
saltire266

Post by saltire266 »

I gave up on the sugarcane idea after using the two painful harvesters. The case has such a problem of getting close to without blocking it or catching the pipe with your trailer. The trailers etc and sowers are fine but the two harvester's just blew it for me. Straw add on and Horsch were well worth the money.
CarsenGray

Post by CarsenGray »

Okay, I have not played this game in awhile, and I have returned after my main computer took a dump. So, I am starting all over with a new character at the Estancia Lapacho map. My problem now, is that I cannot get the MF 3012 tippers to unload their sugarcane. I have tried dumping it on the ground, (Ctrl-I), dumping it at the sugarcane mill, and the train silo. Nothing. I don't get the icon to show up to unload. I have two tippers with a total of 56k worth of sugarcane I cannot unload anywhere. And my field is still 80% full. Since I am just starting out, I don't have the money for the largest tipper, that is why I bought the two MF's. I even repurchased the tipper that it came with, and it will not unload either. I tried tipping into the stock Brantner trailers but still no go. I purchased a 31k tipper and tried to unload in that. Nothing works. :o(
FS-19 (PC)
D3nnisd

Post by D3nnisd »

CarsenGray wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:05 am Okay, I have not played this game in awhile, and I have returned after my main computer took a dump. So, I am starting all over with a new character at the Estancia Lapacho map. My problem now, is that I cannot get the MF 3012 tippers to unload their sugarcane. I have tried dumping it on the ground, (Ctrl-I), dumping it at the sugarcane mill, and the train silo. Nothing. I don't get the icon to show up to unload. I have two tippers with a total of 56k worth of sugarcane I cannot unload anywhere. And my field is still 80% full. Since I am just starting out, I don't have the money for the largest tipper, that is why I bought the two MF's. I even repurchased the tipper that it came with, and it will not unload either. I tried tipping into the stock Brantner trailers but still no go. I purchased a 31k tipper and tried to unload in that. Nothing works. :o(

They dont work with unload this way. You unload them by holding left or right mouse and move your mouse(no clue how you call these). Just like you move your forklift.

Nevertheless: theres trailers are great as you can use them as a auger thingy.