New autoload bale trailers console

fenixguy

Re: New autoload bale trailers console

Post by fenixguy »

RODHA wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:46 am I just wish people would forget about the word "script" completely and never remember it.
Agreed
One thing is for sure, none of us know enough about scripts and their implementation into the game.
I'd say anyone who has created mods for this game knows something about them. (Not saying that's me. I have done a fair bit of editing to mods back in my PC days. Nothing regarding custom scripting however)
Giants only said that outside scripts, which were not integrated into the game by themselves will not be on consoles.
Thats it. They didn't comment on the fact that they might or would add more script templates into the game code so that modders can use them as well as Giants.
And that is still true. Stegei (spelling?) himself said that Giants' mods are held to the same standard as other console mods. Any "script additions/templates" would have to be added in a game update.

Not sure what any of that has to do with the autoloading trailers though. They use in game scripts or we wouldn't have them. I'm glad we do. I've been sick of the Ursus round bale trailer since FS2013. :lol:

How's that for keeping the post count up? :coolnew:
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Here's a post from April that I had about the future of autoloaders.
fenixguy wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:31 pm
dddriskell wrote:That being said, the auto load script is already in place by giants, on console, look at the big stack wagon, no matter how you aproach the bail, it still picks it up. So in my op, iit shouldn't be that bad to make an auto load trailor.
You know, that's actually a great point. The quadro pack is an auto-loading trailer/stacker. You can drive it up to a bale and it'll pick it up (I know, it's supposed to be used with the baler). :hmm: I don't see why a flatbed with auto load would be any different. It's very unrealistic, but so it a money cheat box. The only thing that may be "scripted" is how the auto-trailer mods unload. Usually you can pick which side you want to unload from and it paints a rectangle on the ground where the bales will be. Get rid of that part and I don't see anything different from the in-game stuff.

I really don't want an auto loading trailer personally. I like using frontloaders with the 4 bale grab myself, but there's definitely demand for it.
Hate to say "I told y'all so" but yeah... :lol: Oh and that last part, I'm totally over that. Give me a cheat-trailer any day.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

fenixguy wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:48 pm
RODHA wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:46 am I just wish people would forget about the word "script" completely and never remember it.
Agreed
One thing is for sure, none of us know enough about scripts and their implementation into the game.
I'd say anyone who has created mods for this game knows something about them. (Not saying that's me. I have done a fair bit of editing to mods back in my PC days. Nothing regarding custom scripting however)
Giants only said that outside scripts, which were not integrated into the game by themselves will not be on consoles.
Thats it. They didn't comment on the fact that they might or would add more script templates into the game code so that modders can use them as well as Giants.
And that is still true. Stegei (spelling?) himself said that Giants' mods are held to the same standard as other console mods. Any "script additions/templates" would have to be added in a game update.

Not sure what any of that has to do with the autoloading trailers though. They use in game scripts or we wouldn't have them. I'm glad we do. I've been sick of the Ursus round bale trailer since FS2013. :lol:

How's that for keeping the post count up? :coolnew:
In another Stegel post he basically said the scripts wouldnt matter if they were released in a DLC,think its in the Agrovation thread
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

RODHA wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:46 am Giants only said that outside scripts, which were not integrated into the game by themselves will not be on consoles.
Did you have insider information?? Joking.Now are we wondering whats the future of mods is? I am excited to see what the new year brings us.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.

RODHA

Post by RODHA »

^^ Probably a lot of fun and new things. But above them all, FS19...
PS5 / FS22
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

FS19 is going to have something impressive to beat FS17. Cant wait!!
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.

PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

FS19 is not coming to console.. too many outside scripts :lol: only joking.. put the pitch forks away.. in all honesty im really glad all this awesome stuff is coming to console.. had this stuff been around when i was still kicking around on the old xbone i might not have bought a gaming rig.. not that i regret the purchase for a single second.. fs on console is still a far cry away from the pc version but between the work of giants and innovative modders that gap is closing and that gets 2 thumbs up from me *thumbsup* *thumbsup*
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:20 pm FS19 is not coming to console.. too many outside scripts :lol: only joking

I said FS19 wasnt coming to consoles months ago and wasnt joking!! Now Im not so sure. Whatever happens with FS19 will have to be epic. Im really excited to see what happens in the Farming Simulator future for consoles. Its going to be a great year.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.

PrincessJessi84

no worries taco.. it will absolutely be on console.. the bottom line is money at this point.. where at a certain point the farming simulator series and by extension giants originated from a couple folks making a game for fun it has since evolved into a full scale business with a pretty good sized fan base and as is the case with any business they have employees, investments and overhead (building, servers, hard disk copies, etc) to maintain as well as their fan base.. as i recall console sales represented half of the overall sales for fs17 so i highly doubt at this point they could afford to or even want to just let that part of it go.. financially it would be a terrible decision.. plus keep in mind that the next gen of consoles is here with the ps4 pro and the xbox one x so while older consoles may get a dumbed down version of the game there is much room for improvement.. i dont believe that there is anything to worry about.. plus there is still plenty to add to the game even for the existing consoles.. improved graphics, better physics, lots of new crops and animals plus the implementation of many of the things pc has seen in the form of mods and im sure there r even areas i havent even considered that could be added and improved upon.. i played fs15 on xbone and went straight into fs17 on the same exact console and even with the improved graphics of 17 it ran smoother.. with each edition they learn from their mistakes and make tweaks and improvements in terms of performance which adds more room for growth
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
SimulatedSphere

Post by SimulatedSphere »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:50 pm no worries taco.. it will absolutely be on console.. the bottom line is money at this point.. where at a certain point the farming simulator series and by extension giants originated from a couple folks making a game for fun it has since evolved into a full scale business with a pretty good sized fan base and as is the case with any business they have employees, investments and overhead (building, servers, hard disk copies, etc) to maintain as well as their fan base.. as i recall console sales represented half of the overall sales for fs17 so i highly doubt at this point they could afford to or even want to just let that part of it go.. financially it would be a terrible decision.. plus keep in mind that the next gen of consoles is here with the ps4 pro and the xbox one x so while older consoles may get a dumbed down version of the game there is much room for improvement.. i dont believe that there is anything to worry about.. plus there is still plenty to add to the game even for the existing consoles.. improved graphics, better physics, lots of new crops and animals plus the implementation of many of the things pc has seen in the form of mods and im sure there r even areas i havent even considered that could be added and improved upon.. i played fs15 on xbone and went straight into fs17 on the same exact console and even with the improved graphics of 17 it ran smoother.. with each edition they learn from their mistakes and make tweaks and improvements in terms of performance which adds more room for growth
We have a thread in the off topic where you can make suggestions for fs19 and a meme one where I upload 5 memes nearly everyday.
XBOX ONE S ( I don't have limited power :biggrin2: )| FS17 | UK
Just waiting for FS19!
I play with as much realism as possible :wink3:
XBOX ONE S ¦ On Estancia / Sussex Farm / Oakfield |FS13 , FS15 , FS17
Thank you to all modders out there , the game would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
Thank you to Giants as my Xbox would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
SimulatedSphere

Post by SimulatedSphere »

Im also hoping that my "unlimited " on power console could deliver 4k at at least 30fps on fs19.
XBOX ONE S ( I don't have limited power :biggrin2: )| FS17 | UK
Just waiting for FS19!
I play with as much realism as possible :wink3:
XBOX ONE S ¦ On Estancia / Sussex Farm / Oakfield |FS13 , FS15 , FS17
Thank you to all modders out there , the game would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
Thank you to Giants as my Xbox would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
PrincessJessi84

i wasnt making any suggestions.. i was merely trying to put tacos fears at rest.. as for myself i have no doubt that giants will bring some cool new stuff to the table in fs19 but to be honest the only thing that i REALLY want is better vehicle physics.. i want it to feel like im actually driving a piece of heavy equipment as opposed to a toy.. ive operated heavy equipment my whole life and to me that is the one area farming simulator falls short.. all in all the vehicles behave pretty well.. they r just.. idk.. too agile.. not heavy at all.. drive one of the tractor trailers in fs17 then play ATS or ETS2 and u will see what i mean.. even the vehicles from other really small games like spintires and construction simulator 2015 feel more realistic than farming simulator.. beyond that simple request they already did the one other thing i wanted and that was to focus more on realism by adding support for season into their scripting
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

I agree Jessi, i had a T8 with tracks with the all-rounder cultivator, i was driving down the road, and it was throwing it all around the road, its like the cultivator has no weight to it.