Spoke to John Deere

vondeylenfarms

Spoke to John Deere

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Not going to beat a dead horse lol We all know JD will not come to FS because they have there own game...however I made contact with their Public relations officer in Illinois. They haven't made a game in awhile and if you have seen them they aren't good at all. Their PRO advised that farming simulator/giants did inquire about joining back when this all started however that's when JD game was new. JD PRO specifically said that farming simulator has not approached them recently to see if a deal could be made. The officer even gave credit to FS and how good it looks and have seen the mods of JD on computer. My question for giants is...is this true? If so get on it and make a deal! Lol getting JD on board would make this a irresistible game. *thumbsup* I understand computer guys don't care, they can mod whatever they want but in general for the best and future of FS it would be a great addition. Anyone can make contact with JD public relations, just overload with email and maybe they will contact giants instead lol
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
eric21

Re: Spoke to John Deere

Post by eric21 »

Its all about the money im afraid and they are greedy and who cares FS lives withoutthem
NateS

Post by NateS »

It would be cool to have some Deere stuff on console but what about companies like AGCO. I'm sure part of what makes this game appealing to them is the fact that Deere isn't in it.
PC & PS4
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

NateS wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:28 pm but what about companies like AGCO. I'm sure part of what makes this game appealing to them is the fact that Deere isn't in it.
I'm not sure that has much to do with it. Plenty of games have licensed competing brands in them, including FS of course. Its all about money at the end of the day. Its entirely possible, in fact I'd say its entirely probable JD will come to FS one day. As the game becomes more successful and Giants get more money behind them then I think a deal will get done. And in fact as the game gets more and more successful it becomes increasingly in JD's interest to have some sort of official presence in the game. Its brand recognition after all.
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

Well if you want to pay the obscene asking price for JD be my guest. Also there have been plenty of times that John Deere has required brand exclusivity for a license. So while it may not be an issue for all the brands currently in the game, JD does not always like to play nice with others.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:06 pm Lol getting JD on board would make this a irresistible game.
Why? :confusednew:
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Newholland T8

Post by Newholland T8 »

I'm with Jenna on this one mate, it does boil down to financial issues, not saying that giants is bankrupt or anything quite the opposite, but John Deere is a truly massive global force like ford and GM, you go to any country on the whole planet and I guarantee you'll find a John Deere machine working hard doing something, to be fair I've only been playing since FS13 but it's amazing to see how far it's progressed since I came on board, I was truly astounded when the deal was made with agco and cnh, and let's face it while we're at it Deutz-Fahr is the German equivalent of John Deere, that's a huge company too that makes anything you can imagine with the exception of construction and forestry, plus there s rumours circling round about a potential CLAAS deal, bit of take that with a pinch of salt till giants says something themselves, but until then I know it's not what you want to hear but at least there s a variety of big names in the game now, plus if you really want to scratch that Deere itch, you can always buy the in game valtras and paint them in JD colours for now, I'm not going to say 'Duhhhhh just buy a pc' because let's face it this forum is mostly just normal people with jobs and families and everyday stuff to deal with and buying a pc just for the sake of having a digital John Deere is a stupid idea, but I get exactly what you mean I wanted JD too but after a change over on my real family farm I'm a converted Fendt man myself so I'm happy as a pig in.............. Yeah you get the idea.
If it’s not blue then it just won’t do!
ClassicTractors

Post by ClassicTractors »

I hope Giants and JD are able to work out a licensing deal. I would love to have some of the older JD tractors like the 40,50,55,60 series.
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

I'm not saying FS will struggle or be obsolete without JD! Very opposite actually...best and largest farming simulator game which is why yes JD wants alot of money now but may make a deal with giants because of how successful it is! All these brands entering the game and JD might want a piece of the pie. Like I said the PRO said how good the game and such looked...
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
ClassicTractors

Post by ClassicTractors »

^^ I hope so....that would be my dream farming game: John Deere, CaseIH, Big Bud, and New Holland all in the same game.
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks
novass

Post by novass »

I want and hope JD and Giants can find a money figure for both to be a happy...that way those of us wanting JD in the game (consoles).
then we could have it.we all can live without JD,but want JD in it.like someone said..the JD is everywhere in the world.they been around sense the dawn of farming with tractors and plows. my stepfather used there equipment and his father to,which he came from England.
there will come a day that JD comes to FS..unless another game gets there first..and the race us on right now..look how many games on farming are starting up..its a race..take care all.
Greengamer64

Post by Greengamer64 »

Thanks for asking!!!!!!
Davo79

Post by Davo79 »

It's not even john deere and giants. It's don't and only Sony that is the hindering factor. John Deere doesn't tell Ertil hey you can't make case toys and john deere toys. They don't care who else is involved.
"I’m going to plead with you, do not cross us. Because if you do, the survivors will write about what we do here for 10,000 years."
DarrenK

Post by DarrenK »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:06 pmWe all know JD will not come to FS because they have there own game
For the love, this statement gets repeated by every 10 and 12-year-old on forums ad nauseam. The fact they have their (not there) own game has nothing to do with it.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:06 pm...however I made contact with their Public relations officer in Illinois.
A good thread and a different info. Thanks for that :hi:
But what I wonder is, how could you be sure that the person you have contacted was the right person who is responsible for those kinds of things and that he/she has legit information?
PS5 / FS22