What's the point of having cows??

abslayer

Re: What's the point of having cows??

Post by abslayer »

dumjob Quote I startedI with a $10 million dollar cheat on normal mode

Try playing without a cheat and see how much cows set you back at the start of game.
What is profitable with $10 million dollar cheat START and a 100 cows is a complete different game from playing from start with NO cheats
But 2 each his own.
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Farming Simulator isn't about quick wins - you have to put time and effort in to reap the rewards. If you really want to get up and running quickly with cows though there is the 300,000 bank loan option - milk income from 60 cows easily outweighs the daily interest fees on any difficulty level. That's if you haven't already blown that money on a tractor or harvester that's far bigger and more powerful than you need at the start.
Squirrel2004_448

Post by Squirrel2004_448 »

With cows take the money you make at midnight off milk and buy that amount in cows eat the cost of animal upkeep etc and in a few in game days you will see a significant return. On Westbridge Hills I currently have 900 cows without ever cheating. Same goes with sheep at around 650 from selling a full double stacked flatbed trailer at one of the demand points. Also I keep around 1500 head of pigs and sell when they get to 2000 then buy whatever with that profit due to that many pigs being tricky to keep up with that many. Animals are very rewarding but they can be tricky to keep up with. Keep time sped to 15x and slowed down to realtime when you are feeding cutting grass or hay and that will make it very interesting. Before you buy cows or sheep I suggest having 100000L of hay, grass, and silage tho.
dunnjob

Post by dunnjob »

abslayer wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:33 pm dumjob Quote I startedI with a $10 million dollar cheat on normal mode

Try playing without a cheat and see how much cows set you back at the start of game.
What is profitable with $10 million dollar cheat START and a 100 cows is a complete different game from playing from start with NO cheats
But 2 each his own.
I find your spelling of my screen name a bit rude, be it intentional or not.

If you are treating your cows like pigs, you will never make money with them. Cows in this game are all about milk. You get milk sold every night at midnight. The more cows, the more milk you get. More milk, more money. The milk profit more than makes up for the cost associated on a daily basis.
We are all ignorant, we are all just ignorant about different things.

Recent convert to PC on FS19
Wouldpay$$$forJDdlc

Post by Wouldpay$$$forJDdlc »

Squirrel2004_448 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:17 pm With cows take the money you make at midnight off milk and buy that amount in cows eat the cost of animal upkeep etc and in a few in game days you will see a significant return. On Westbridge Hills I currently have 900 cows without ever cheating. Same goes with sheep at around 650 from selling a full double stacked flatbed trailer at one of the demand points. Also I keep around 1500 head of pigs and sell when they get to 2000 then buy whatever with that profit due to that many pigs being tricky to keep up with that many. Animals are very rewarding but they can be tricky to keep up with. Keep time sped to 15x and slowed down to realtime when you are feeding cutting grass or hay and that will make it very interesting. Before you buy cows or sheep I suggest having 100000L of hay, grass, and silage tho.
Wow that is intense. I thought I had a lot of cows with 200. I can’t imagine the work for those pigs
abslayer

Post by abslayer »

dunnjob wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:07 pm
abslayer wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:33 pm dumjob Quote I startedI with a $10 million dollar cheat on normal mode

But 2 each his own.
I find your spelling of my screen name a bit rude, be it intentional or not.

If you are treating your cows like pigs, you will never make money with them. Cows in this game are all about milk. You get milk sold every night at midnight. The more cows, the more milk you get. More milk, more money. The milk profit more than makes up for the cost associated on a daily basis.

Sorry it was not intentional
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

To make you ask the point of having cows. The milk actually brings a lot in at midnight
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
Nighteyez

Post by Nighteyez »

Been playing for 8 months and just started with cows on the Estancia Lapacho map. Yes the initial investment is pretty steep, but once everything is set up, it is a big profit in milk. And I only have 10 cows.
Jim

Going through life one crop at a time. :coolnew:
FS-19 PC
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

With regards to cows, I'd like to remind folks about greenhouses. Manure is one of the ingredients to make the greenhouses operate at 100%. A few greenhouses could possible cover the maintenance fees for equipment and stuff.
Set yourself some goals, for example:
Keep 300 cows for milk = cash
Selling cows > 300 = cash
Not having to buy fertilizer (slurry) = cash
Use all manure to support as many greenhouses as possible = cash
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

And it will take no time to fill up the manure heap and slurry, i like cows, ease to take care of, the money isn't there like in Fs15, but a little money is better than no money.

Edit by Guil. Removed quoting.
Squirrel2004_448

Post by Squirrel2004_448 »

Wouldpay$$$forJDdlc wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:40 pm
Squirrel2004_448 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:17 pm With cows take the money you make at midnight off milk and buy that amount in cows eat the cost of animal upkeep etc and in a few in game days you will see a significant return. On Westbridge Hills I currently have 900 cows without ever cheating. Same goes with sheep at around 650 from selling a full double stacked flatbed trailer at one of the demand points. Also I keep around 1500 head of pigs and sell when they get to 2000 then buy whatever with that profit due to that many pigs being tricky to keep up with that many. Animals are very rewarding but they can be tricky to keep up with. Keep time sped to 15x and slowed down to realtime when you are feeding cutting grass or hay and that will make it very interesting. Before you buy cows or sheep I suggest having 100000L of hay, grass, and silage tho.
Wow that is intense. I thought I had a lot of cows with 200. I can’t imagine the work for those pigs
Yeah it's gets intense sometimes it takes a lot of the various crops to feed a day for the pigs but since the grain silo mod came out it is much easier. They are reproducing every 5 min the cows take 128000 L of TMR a day the hay is the hardest thing to keep up with but the sheep are easy and they put out a lot of wool with that many it's just time consuming loading the bales. Animals are very profitable tho you have to have a lot to see a profit.
Coltar452017

Post by Coltar452017 »

I have 1,213 cows at the cost of 5 million dollars