Sugar cane not growing

hun3

Sugar cane not growing

Post by hun3 »

I planted sugar cane on the new map..platinum. It does not grow....says its harvested. WHY????? :hmm:
RODHA

Re: Sugar cane not growing

Post by RODHA »

Harvested is sugarcanes's first growth stage. Just wait for the second. It will grow but it takes 2x time to grow compared to other crops.
PS5 / FS22
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Its like growing Poplars, i think it takes that long to grow.
hun3

Post by hun3 »

RODHA wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:35 am Harvested is sugarcanes's first growth stage. Just wait for the second. It will grow but it takes 2x time to grow compared to other crops.
I had the seasons mod on 3 days per season. Planted on middle spring when the temp was 14 C...I thought it was ok....but now its last stage of fall and nada.
garyst

Post by garyst »

hun3 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:36 am
RODHA wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:35 am Harvested is sugarcanes's first growth stage. Just wait for the second. It will grow but it takes 2x time to grow compared to other crops.
I had the seasons mod on 3 days per season. Planted on middle spring when the temp was 14 C...I thought it was ok....but now its last stage of fall and nada.
In real life sugarcane is planted from mid August to mid September and not harvested until late fall the following year. But after that it only takes a full year to regrow.
Tazman1983

Post by Tazman1983 »

Also be aware once you actually harvest it then it will grow back on it's own
hun3

Post by hun3 »

Is the Seasons mod even works or make sense on this map? Anyone can confirm?
hun3

Post by hun3 »

Now its been a year still no sugar cane. I spent all day yesterday making fields and planting.....*censored* to be honest.

When first time I played this...I planted right away (no seasons mod) and it started growing. I'm wondering if one of my mods are messing this up. Im gonna have it run another year though as you guys suggesting.
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

Have you checked the planting calendar? It will vary depending on whether you have a geo mod installed but you can press left alt+s in game to see when you should be planting each crop. If you plant at the wrong time then nothing will grow. The temperature determines when the crop starts growing, but you can plant at lower temps so long as it is the right time of year.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
JoJoJo_40

Post by JoJoJo_40 »

I have the sussex map and I have the seasons mod same thing no growth yet and the temp is 12c but when I go to the seasons menu it doesn’t show nothing when to plant or growth nothing! But before without the seasons mod it grew like fast!
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Because sugar cane isn't grown in that area. If it isn't on the season menu for growth time, it can't be planted.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

As Illinois farmer says it is not grown along with cotton in the UK, the default seasons is based upon UK conditions so you will need a GEO which allows for it.I think the US midwest one does if i remember correctly.