New or not?

Lindydanny

New or not?

Post by Lindydanny »

I resisted for so long and finally decided to play the mobile versions of the game. Before I knew it, I was buying the platinum addition on my XB1. Now, I'm addicted... With two young kids, playing in the evening is tough, so I've taken to waking early and playing before they wake and before I go to work. How farmer of me, right?

Anywho, after hours and hours of play I think I've finally gotten the hang of it and I'm wondering something: Should I continue with my starting save in Goldcrest Valley or should I start at a new map?

I have limited time, so if I do this I will likely stay on that map for a while. I know my options are limited (being on a console), but I see several nice looking maps available. I'm not too picky, but I like large open worlds generally. I live in the states, so exotic foreign locals are attractive, though some of the US based maps are cool.

So, boiled down, new map or no? If so, which map?
TacoFarmer

Re: New or not?

Post by TacoFarmer »

Lindydanny wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:31 pm I resisted for so long and finally decided to play the mobile versions of the game. Before I knew it, I was buying the platinum addition on my XB1. Now, I'm addicted... With two young kids, playing in the evening is tough, so I've taken to waking early and playing before they wake and before I go to work. How farmer of me, right?

Anywho, after hours and hours of play I think I've finally gotten the hang of it and I'm wondering something: Should I continue with my starting save in Goldcrest Valley or should I start at a new map?

I have limited time, so if I do this I will likely stay on that map for a while. I know my options are limited (being on a console), but I see several nice looking maps available. I'm not too picky, but I like large open worlds generally. I live in the states, so exotic foreign locals are attractive, though some of the US based maps are cool.

Welcome aboard!!Honestly if youre still having fun on GCV,Id stay on it.My favorite maps are WestBridge Hills and GCV.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
NateS

Post by NateS »

There are many great maps, even for console. It all depends on what you enjoy. Every time a new map comes out, I download it and look around. If it catches my eye, I play an hour or two. If not, I delete it. (We are limited on download space on console). West bridge is a great American style map with larger fields. I like Lossberg for medium size and I am currently playing Aldenstien and loving it as a small scale map.

I would say download a map or two overnight and check them out for a few minutes before the kids wake up in the morning. Who knows, you may find one that's perfect for you!
PC & PS4
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Tell me about addiction Lindydanny :biggrin2:

I've started FS series with FS17 on November 2016.
I work on a full time job, married but no kids.
I've been an FS junkie for a year now and managed to play 2000 hrs give or take with my limited time (not that limited like yours).
So, let me tell you what I did.

I was like a maniac at the begining. Cheated a lot of money, tried all the machinery, discovered all the features of the game, played all of the maps (multiple times) and so on.

Then when I get the hang of it I started to stick on one map for longer periods, stop cheating money, choosing my machinery wisely, playing slowly instead of rushing all over the place (which makes a map boring pretty quickly), building up my farm gradually and so on.

What I would do differently if I can take the time back?
Absolutely NOTHING :biggrin2:
Because you need to live all of it. Only after that this game settles down in your soul and makes itself a solid place where it would be impossible to let it go as long as you breathe :coolnew:

Welcome aboard the land of the Junkies :mrgreen:
PS5 / FS22
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

I was hooked on fs13 one PS3, id say late 2014, it was when fs15 was being made, but all i got to say is, play at your own pace, play how you want.
Xboxfarmin

Post by Xboxfarmin »

Definitely try new maps. I do the same as some of the others, download, drive around in it, if it seems cool I’ll play. Also from the states, I prefer big open areas as well. Estancia Lapacho in the platinum DLC really has me hooked now. There’s a lot of potential for making some good sized fields in time, as I don’t like to cheat money either.
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

If you are having fun stay on Goldcrest, but there are some very good mod maps available that are American themed, which wide open fields. Westbridge Hills is a remake of the FS15 map that remains a classic with many. Then Somethingonmyshoe2 has released 3 very good maps with large fields with plenty of open space: American Outback (my personal favorite), Mustang Valley Ranch (a map designed for the Big Bud DLC) and Who Dat Who Der Ranch (odd name but a very fun map with a working train). So it is up to you. I would say download them and try them out for an hour or so to see if you like them. The 3 from Shoe2 all have gold nuggets so you can get a nice cash boost to get back up to the equipment you had. Especially with MVR the fields are so big you are not going to want to start with the 3m, I would say 9m is minimum starting size.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

If you fall asleep easy dont try Mustang Valley
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.

FarmingRemasterd

Post by FarmingRemasterd »

TacoFarmer wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:59 pm If you fall asleep easy dont try Mustang Valley
Yeah, no kidding. I almost fell asleep dong a mission on gcv. LOL
Massey Ferguson For Life. If it ain't red, leave it in the shed.
Rules for yall...viewtopic.php?f=893&t=74799
Manure is for the fields...not the forum.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Lindydanny wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:31 pm I resisted for so long and finally decided to play the mobile versions of the game. Before I knew it, I was buying the platinum addition on my XB1. Now, I'm addicted... With two young kids, playing in the evening is tough, so I've taken to waking early and playing before they wake and before I go to work. How farmer of me, right?

I changed my mind, if you want to be more happy,get The Valley The Old Farm by BSM. I think they found the perfect balance between the farm and the forest. And enough flat land to place stuff if you want.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.

Lindydanny

Post by Lindydanny »

I finally bit into a new map this morning. The West Coast and after a half hour of being lost-ish, I went to Sosovka and had a better morning.

Then, as I drove into work, I began to rethink some strategy and I may try The West Coast again. But I still want to try some other maps too.

I need a week free of responsibility and maybe I'll get it figured...
Nestoche

Post by Nestoche »

Lindy, this game will steal you're soul!..lol I started from FS2015 by accident while browsing through Steam and saw a glimpse of FS 2015 in the front page on sale for $8.00 and figure I give it a try and since then I never looked back and to this day, it is the only game that gets my attention the most. I can't wait for the next version from Giants.

It is so addicting that to this day it is hard for me to explain why I stayed so long with FS, I usually never do that and move on to other games, but not this one. Still loving it! Maybe it is because FS is a family friendly game I can play with my granddaughters and it is educational for me and the kids regardless if your into Farming or not, it is so easy and fun to get into. I've been gaming on PC's, consoles etc since the 1980's and I have seen and tried many games and sims and as far as I am concern, this to me IMO is the best game of all the games I have...Giant's created a masterpiece winner here with FS and a addicting Monster!..lol