Oakfield Farm

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Patrick73

Re: Oakfield Farm

Post by Patrick73 »

eric21 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:07 pm
Mike3650 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:58 am
eric21 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:55 pmSpoilers ;)
Do you want to see more screenshots?
I wait for those, can do if you want, i was refering to patrick though
I’ve got no idea what eric21 was on about either
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Guitarman wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:41 pm Seen some of the first looks, I can describe how good it looks my only qualm is big fields, but that lets me use the 10.90 which is never a bad thing in my books! On the subject of optimisation though how's it likely to hold up on a lower end rig?
Performance is very, very strong at the moment; for the most part it's not too far from Goldcrest Valley levels of performance for me.

It's a new one for me too, a British map with large fields, but it's true to the area it's in. There are plenty of smaller fields too, so unless you like to own every field you could quite happily stay with them. :)

Personally I'm looking forward to getting some bigger equipment out. I tend to stick to 6m equipment for most jobs on farms, but this will let me use some of the bigger equipment I don't often get a chance to use.
Guitarman

Post by Guitarman »

That's brilliant! I'm finally starting to expand out to mod maps now (running Coldborough currently), and from what I've seen definitely want to be farming on here.

And good with the smaller ones, I don't every end up owning all the fields anyway so that's all good. Looking forward to the setting as it's close to my area as well.

Properly hyped now! Thanks for the quick response :)
Optimist: Glass is half full
Pessimist: Glass is half empty

Engineer: The glass is twice the size it needs to be!

PC Specs (upgraded at last!): Acer Orion 3000; i5-8400, 8Gb Ram, GTX 1050ti, Intel Optane 16gb
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

If you run Coldborough well enough then this should be easy. On my system it has nearly double the FPS of Coldborough in most places at the same settings.

I should add that I'm not running Seasons on Oakfield. I'm letting others with more experience of it test that aspect. It shouldn't have a major effect on FPS either way, but I just thought I'd state that for the record.

I also can't comment on really low-end systems with only 2GB of graphics memory. I'm not anticipating any issues, but with a relatively small memory buffer there could be unexpected performance dips when rendering a lot of buildings, for example.
Guitarman

Post by Guitarman »

OK that's good to hear. I do only have 2GB of VRAM (it's a 940MX) but I can run coldborough with seasons at a steady 60FPS. Thank you for the info.

PC Specs (upgraded at last!): Acer Orion 3000; i5-8400, 8Gb Ram, GTX 1050ti, Intel Optane 16gb
fccboy

Post by fccboy »

Hi guys just a quick question, how’s the testing going on this amazing map
KimG

Post by KimG »

fccboy wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:33 am Hi guys just a quick question, how’s the testing going on this amazing map
Yon know, driving around looking for stuff that needs fixing etc,pretty much the way testing goes with any other map.
SimulatedSphere

Post by SimulatedSphere »

I'm hyped for this , especially with seasons . This is gonna be so realistic boiiii!!
XBOX ONE S ( I don't have limited power :biggrin2: )| FS17 | UK
Just waiting for FS19!
I play with as much realism as possible :wink3:
XBOX ONE S ¦ On Estancia / Sussex Farm / Oakfield |FS13 , FS15 , FS17
Thank you to all modders out there , the game would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
Thank you to Giants as my Xbox would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
rody12

Post by rody12 »

So has anyone located it on google maps already? :P
Xbox Series X
John Deere
SimulatedSphere

Dagger has started the lets play and the map actually looks really good . Such good attention to detail and the farm is really nice is but the problem is ... consoles don't have the right tractor brands for the uk . Only mf , deutz , challenger and new holland . Anyway , the map is so good and I'm absolutely astonished by it . Very , very , very , very , very , very , very , very , very , very , very , very , very , very , very , very , very , very , very , very , very , very , very , very , very , very , very , very , very , very , very , very , very good looking oxygendavid . Thank you , thank you , thank you , thank you so much for this . *thumbsup* :lol: :biggrin2:
Just waiting for FS19!
Thank you to all modders out there , the game would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
Guitarman

Post by Guitarman »

New Holland is seen in some parts of the UK, all I see round here. I can't speak for the exact area of the map though but it's not totally unrealistic. See quite a few fendts as well.

And yeah it does look awesome. Funnily I was just watching that video when the notification on here popped up =D

SimulatedSphere

Oh yeah , i forgot about fendt and Valtra . Also what a coincedence!
Just waiting for FS19!
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

I've seen Claas, New Holland, JD, Valtra here in Suffolk . UK has all the major brands here.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

Don't forget JCB, they're made here! There are plenty of Case around too, as well as a few Zetors.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

SimulatedSphere wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:20 pm...but the problem is ... consoles don't have the right tractor brands for the uk . Only mf , deutz , challenger and new holland
What happened to Fendt? I assume they are pretty common in the UK?
PS5 / FS22