Such a boring game

BigC92

Re: Such a boring game

Post by BigC92 »

Logger 34 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:48 am It seems like once I start thears no stopping
But there are times where you take a break here and there.
Fade2black

Post by Fade2black »

"Ok darling I'm just switching on to see if there's any new mods"
There is........loads!
Download.
Play.
Wife swears.
Save.
Quit.
More mods.
Download.
Play.
Repeat.
Oh dear!
SilverRedman63

Post by SilverRedman63 »

Yea if I need/want the wife to leave the room all I have to say is "Look at this New Tractor", She's out of there. Love it! I looked at my profile and I have over 1800 hours of game play on 17.
PC/Xbox1
Bushmaster77

Post by Bushmaster77 »

The bonus room is my man cave. Got my setup in it. Wife rolls her eyes and says you going to farm when I head up the stairs. She can't understand how I sit there upon hours on end and just drive. I enjoy it.
Princeguardian

Post by Princeguardian »

Wife was giving me a hard time on fs15. So i got my at the time 2 year old asking to see the tractors. That way when he asked id have to tell my wife 'you know babe we only have a few years before he wont want to spend time with us so i need to go play farm with him'. Now that he is 4 he plays by himself while i work on the house work. Argh!
Nighteyez

Post by Nighteyez »

Addicted? Nah, bought the game as a birthday present back in April of this year, and played it 12 hours a day when I first got it. You can do that when you are disabled and live alone. No wife to nag you. :) Slowed down some in August when I started playing World of Warships. However, then they released the platinum DLC and I am hooked all over again. LOL
Jim

Going through life one crop at a time. :coolnew:
FS-19 PC
Sixx

Post by Sixx »

Wife: Playing that game still? Doesn't it get boring and repetitive?
Me: No
Wife opens laptop to play The Sims.
Me: Seriously!!
Minute09

Post by Minute09 »

I agree with you time flies myself and a friend started this game when it came out. This is the longest game we have ever play, our longest played let day is 15 hours love this game
ekeenan

Post by ekeenan »

I am exactly the same way and my wife is like the other wives mentioned here. Why are we so attached? Do you think Giants buried a subliminal message in the game that is causing this addiction? :biggrin2:
Omniplasma

Post by Omniplasma »

I was working on getting things set up on the valley this morning, and I knew I had to take a shower and eat breakfast, but neither of those things ended up happening until the early afternoon. I'd always hop into another piece of equipment and start doing something even though I planned on turning the game off after that last field... but hey I'm not doing hard drugs or breaking the law so I think it's a pretty good addiction
Xbox One FS17 Player from the US. Gamertag: Omniplasma
Fellow farmers needed.
Bones959

Post by Bones959 »

Most farm chores get boring after the "new" wears off. I hollered woo-hoo :biggrin2: the first time pa said I was old enough to plow and plant all by meself. After I had done it a few times tho, the woo-hoo turned to oh no not agin :frown: I have dropped off while plowing both in-game and RL. Least in-game, a clothesline will stop a 200 hp,16,000lb tractor dead in its tracks.
SirTheodoreBear

Post by SirTheodoreBear »

Addicted....me?!?

Naaaaa.....

I can quit anytime....

Yeah, right....
Playin' on PS4
SilverRedman63

Post by SilverRedman63 »

I like to manage the whole farm and let the AI do most of the grind work - the best part is I can fire one on the spot for missing up something in the field, " you messed that up and your out of here ", now for the real word I can't do that, I have to say you sure made a mess of that " please " try not to do it again. On a cold rainy Saturday or Sunday I will play for 15 to 18 hours at a time - I do not have a addiction but I am sure working on it.
PC/Xbox1
AC7045

Post by AC7045 »

Having worked on a farm and now forced to live in the 'burbs, I find FS17 to be both relaxing and nostalgic. I'm reminded of the rewards of hard work and the satisfaction of doing something worthwhile, even if it is on a computer...
RGH

Post by RGH »

TacoFarmer, I was about ready to tear you a new one.

But I wont. :hi:

Keep enjoying the FS!