Logging processor question

Kruelkamo

Logging processor question

Post by Kruelkamo »

Hey guys, got kind of a mod/idea question for the loggers out there. So I know that BSM is coming with his excavator soon and I was wondering if it would be possible to make the scorpion king head into a fixed head processor? I most definitely don’t have any modding experience so I wouldn’t know. Obviously I’m asking for console usage but... lol. So say that the scorpion king can only be used as a dangle processor head on the scorpion king, how do you console loggers out there process your timber? Thanks
Legion Hills Logging on PC
Tazman1983

Re: Logging processor question

Post by Tazman1983 »

From what i have seen the excavators come with logging attachments
Kruelkamo

Post by Kruelkamo »

Yeah it comes with a dangle grapple, a fixed grapple, and a feller buncher. The only thing it’s missing for a complete logging setup is a processor head. But I mean I just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas on processing at the landing with the scorpion king. That thing is a pain to get the head to turn over lol
Metal Moss

Post by Metal Moss »

Kruelkamo wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:13 pm Yeah it comes with a dangle grapple, a fixed grapple, and a feller buncher. The only thing it’s missing for a complete logging setup is a processor head. But I mean I just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas on processing at the landing with the scorpion king. That thing is a pain to get the head to turn over lol
Are you trying to cut the fallen tree into usable pieces with the Scorpion?
Kruelkamo

Post by Kruelkamo »

Yes. So you know how you can turn the scorpion king head off and on and real quick and it’ll drop it. Well I do that, then skid 4-5 trees to the landing, then I get my other scorpion king and turn the head over the top of the logs I just brought in and I process them. If you’ve ever seen FDR, they have a buncher operator, a skidder man, a processor ( which uses a fixed processing head) and then eventually a driver who delivers. But here lately what I’ve been doing is cutting, processing out in the woods, skidding a processed tree or two and then load with wheel loader.
Metal Moss

Post by Metal Moss »

Ok, now I see, When I used the scorpo, I made sure I drag the logs to where I needed to process them to size. Maybe someone will make a fixed processor head sometime.
Kruelkamo

Post by Kruelkamo »

Yeah. That’s one of the modding possibilities that someone could take advantage of lol. But I mean just the mod on its own is gonna make a big difference to logging in the game. I hope anyways lol
BobcatLogger

Post by BobcatLogger »

Or a trailered loader with a saw buck or slasher would work for prossing logs.
Kruelkamo

Post by Kruelkamo »

Yeah I could go for a buck saw for processing. Just skid em in and use the BSM loader to load and unload the buck saw. I would imagine a buck saw would be easier to mod rather than a processing head for the excavator would be. Lol.
Logger 34

Post by Logger 34 »

https://youtu.be/p2tLZnHpPZ4 I found this on you tube for a buck saw for consoles
Logger 34

Post by Logger 34 »

https://youtu.be/BTtzBKeEZLI this is how he's cutting and skidding
Kruelkamo

Post by Kruelkamo »

That’s interesting. I’ll have to take a closer look at that buck saw, but the skidder I really like. I’m actually digging the lifted skidder attachment using those CSZ adapters. Those videos were actually the perfect thing I was looking for. I think the way I’m doing it now is pretty efficient for moving loads out. But I will for sure look into that buck saw
Farmsquad5

Post by Farmsquad5 »

Hey guys sup, I'm new to the forums and have a question bout the excavator is it for consoles or for pcs
BobcatLogger

Post by BobcatLogger »

It will be for both pc and console when blacksheep finishes it.
Logger 34

Post by Logger 34 »

That track hoe is going to be a nice setup when it's done