Offline Splitscreen

gamer_tag

Offline Splitscreen

Post by gamer_tag »

I know FS 18 is already out and FS 19 is a long, long time away but I just though I'd post this now so the developers and designers had time to think this through and make any tweaks. I love FS but I think that an offline Splitscreen option would be a fantastic edition as people love playing games together. It would really much make the game more exciting as me and my brothers wouldn't always be fighting over who gets to play first because we would all be playing together at the same time.
Mobias

Re: Offline Splitscreen

Post by Mobias »

Slip screen gaming is enormously taxing on the hardware and quite difficult to do. I can't see it being worth the effort for the few people that might use it.
Irish farmer 91

Post by Irish farmer 91 »

This would be a great addition, not everyone has fast enough Internet for online play , plus if me and my brother wanted to play together we'd need a 2nd ps4. There's been split screen as far back as the original playstation, even a game like minecraft can handle a 4 way split, so surely 2 way split screen wouldn't be out of the question?
Playing on Ps4
NateS

Post by NateS »

I don't agree with the 'enormously taxing' thought. We can easily play split screen race car games with amazing graphics on PS4. I'm pretty sure Giants could do this if they wanted to. I would love to be able to play with my kids instead of having to take turns.
PC & PS4
Redneck Farmer

Post by Redneck Farmer »

wow what a great idea there have been so many times that my 74 year old Dad has wanted to play FS15 and FS17 with me. And yes Mom and Dad live with me.
XBOX ONE and PC
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

NateS wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:12 am I don't agree with the 'enormously taxing' thought. We can easily play split screen race car games with amazing graphics on PS4.
I'm sure it could be made to work but would require quite a bit of effort to do so. Remember that split screen racing games are usually built from the ground up to have split screen functionality. They're heavily optimised to make the feature work. Even then there's usually sacrifices somewhere, with some games its more noticeable than others. So yeah, you could have FS in split screen but you'd probably have to be happy with a greatly reduced frame rate and/or much shorter draw distance, and that sort of thing.
Last edited by Mobias on Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gamer_tag

Post by gamer_tag »

But it would be a good idea for those people who don't have PS+ or who want to play with there friends or relatives in the same house as them. Saying it would take work is true but if giants Software aren't making any changes, there new games would become as repetitive and obsolete as FIFA.
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

gamer_tag wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:51 pm But it would be a good idea for those people who don't have PS+ or who want to play with there friends or relatives in the same house as them. Saying it would take work is true but if giants Software aren't making any changes, there new games would become as repetitive and obsolete as FIFA.
Obsolete? You're saying it's obsolete because it doesn't have split screen?
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

I wouldn't say its obsolete. The thing is, Farming Simulator is much different then most games, since it has to load pretty much the entire map constantly so that you can have workers working on fields, things be sold, etc etc. Racing games only have to load part of the map at a time- the part that you can see
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10