System Storage (Help Giants) For Consoles

CMDRTAKEDOWN

Re: System Storage (Help Giants) For Consoles

Post by CMDRTAKEDOWN »

Chad wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:36 am I'm at around 93% space used up. Prolly same as with other people; for me it's all about the maps. So many I'd like to try, but alas. And I don't like to get rid of a map I've invested a lot of hours in. Had to do that several times already. May just buy another PS4!😁
I am the same, try reinstalling then see the space change. Worked for me had 77% . Now I have 16% w/o the map's installed. That's with 37 mods including the Season stuff. Added 3 map's and running at 44%.
Your game save are still fine. And if you forgot about a mod it will say to download blah blah mod or mods. Or to continue anyway.
PS4
PS5
Pandorasbox24

Post by Pandorasbox24 »

I tired of people saying ist impossible to do thing on console. As far as memory for mods, yes they can. It is set by Sony, they can raise the cap if they wanted to. As far as the mods them self. I'm tired of pc players saying that it is too scripted or whatever for consoles. That was said about seasons mod for a long time. Well guess what, seasons is on consoles now. Are some mods dull down for consoles, yes but are they still there, hell yeah. Consoles can do a lot more than pc players give them credit for.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

^^ We say its impossible based on the current limitations put in place by GIANTS, Sony, or Microsoft. Plus, Seasons was only added because it won the mod contest and was so popular, they had to do a lot to get it into consoles, so yeah, most (if not all) other scripted mods will not come to consoles
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

Lindydanny

Post by Lindydanny »

It-uses-scripts-so-it-won't-come-to-consoles is the free space of FS17 Forum Bingo.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

never say never
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

just a little info----When you uninstall a map don't delete the save . because if later you want to go back to that game just install the map again and your save will still work. unless your not going to play that map ever again then you can delete the save. that's what I been doing.

also it will free up some storage space by only having 1 map installed
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

lefe1 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:10 pm Fisrt of all I don't have all mods installed. I have 159 mods installed out of the 338 and only 2 maps installed (TVTOF & TOSFv2) and i'm at 72% so whats it hurt you if I'm asking for help to raise the 4GB that sony gives us for mods to give us more space. (I have 412 GB available). mybe raise it to 5GB. allways someone that has to be neg- about things if you don't like my post don't comment on it just keep on scrolling by.
^^^Wow I just checked to see from what I posted on Dec 9.. I had 159 mods installed out of 338.. just checked and now I have only 118 out of 377 installed. So since Dec 9 they released 39 mods WOW and they where off for 2 weeks. I have 118, mods out of the 118 3 are maps, so I have 1 more map installed than I did on Dec 9. and i'm at 74%. so not doing to bad but will be going up with the 902 pack. but that will be worth it. and I still have 6 I can't uninstall.
Farmer man

Post by Farmer man »

totally agree with the 902 pack being worth it between that and the horsch vehicles pack I'll be set on tvtof
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

I see I have mods made by GIANTS Software. what if giants made the mods they have ingame. that would save some space in system storage.
Turbojugend

Post by Turbojugend »

lefe1 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:19 am I see I have mods made by GIANTS Software. what if giants made the mods they have ingame. that would save some space in system storage.
I've thought the same thing. If the GIANTS mods were free DLC as opposed to mods, that alone would free up quite a bit of space (for me anyway). I have no idea how this works from a Sony/MS perspective though.

As for console disc space limitations, I do believe it is negotiated on a per-game basis. For example, MLB The Show gets 6gb allocated just for custom music and ambient stadium sounds. Keep in mind that The Show is also a first-party Sony title, so that may be a factor.
heyimbill.com
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Well the giants mods are made by people who used to be modders and were hired by giants to make the game. At least I think that's true
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
markare

Post by markare »

They are still giants mods then if giants paid them.
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress