System Storage (Help Giants) For Consoles

lefe1

System Storage (Help Giants) For Consoles

Post by lefe1 »

Hello Giants I just wanted to know what more we can do to try and up the system storage on consoles. I have sent messages to Sony since i'm on PS4 about allowing us to install more mods in the system storage because I have 412 GB available for storage on my PS4 but can't use it. I only have the mods I use installed and uninstalled the one's I don't use but i'm running out of system storage space. And a lot of AWESOME Mods are coming out and i'll be out of space to even install them. So if you can help us Giants on trying to get Sony/ Microsoft to up the storage. Like I said I sent multi emails to Sony but nothing back from them. So i'm checking to see what more we can do to get Sony/ Microsoft to up the System storage. a better link to get in touch with Sony so the right people at Sony see we need the system storage upped a little. Thank You Giants
SimulatedSphere

Re: System Storage (Help Giants) For Consoles

Post by SimulatedSphere »

lefe1 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:19 pm Hello Giants I just wanted to know what more we can do to try and up the system storage on consoles. I have sent messages to Sony since i'm on PS4 about allowing us to install more mods in the system storage because I have 412 GB available for storage on my PS4 but can't use it. I only have the mods I use installed and uninstalled the one's I don't use but i'm running out of system storage space. And a lot of AWESOME Mods are coming out and i'll be out of space to even install them. So if you can help us Giants on trying to get Sony/ Microsoft to up the storage. Like I said I sent multi emails to Sony but nothing back from them. So i'm checking to see what more we can do to get Sony/ Microsoft to up the System storage. a better link to get in touch with Sony so the right people at Sony see we need the system storage upped a little. Thank You Giants
I'm on 65 and the Agro map is like 500mb on pc so ,I'm screwed,
XBOX ONE S ( I don't have limited power :biggrin2: )| FS17 | UK
Just waiting for FS19!
I play with as much realism as possible :wink3:
XBOX ONE S ¦ On Estancia / Sussex Farm / Oakfield |FS13 , FS15 , FS17
Thank you to all modders out there , the game would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
Thank you to Giants as my Xbox would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

I think maps should go the DLC route,then they wouldnt go against the limit.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
NateS

Post by NateS »

Maps take up a good chunk of our available space. I try not to have more than 2 or 3 mod maps downloaded at one time. Releasing the Horsch map & equipment together as a free DLC would be very helpful. I'd even be willing to pay $3-5 for it. Sure would like to see that free classics pack from 15 as well :)
PC & PS4
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Why do you need so much space? I have four mod maps downloaded plus all the other mods I need and still have 30% left.most of the mods are duplicates of the same tool so I can’t see why you need to download them all and if you delete a map you don’t have to delete your save game
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Remmeber it will be alot harder to add more storage for a console aa you cant upgrade it, while a PC you can upgrade
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

Patrick73 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:28 pm Why do you need so much space? I have four mod maps downloaded plus all the other mods I need and still have 30% left.most of the mods are duplicates of the same tool so I can’t see why you need to download them all and if you delete a map you don’t have to delete your save game
Fisrt of all I don't have all mods installed. I have 159 mods installed out of the 338 and only 2 maps installed (TVTOF & TOSFv2) and i'm at 72% so whats it hurt you if I'm asking for help to raise the 4GB that sony gives us for mods to give us more space. (I have 412 GB available). mybe raise it to 5GB. allways someone that has to be neg- about things if you don't like my post don't comment on it just keep on scrolling by.
Last edited by lefe1 on Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Its 4gb not 2gb
Garion

Post by Garion »

You can upgrade the consoles. I upgraded my ps4 from 500gb hard drive to a 2tb Seagate. But your systems hardware means nothing when Sony put a cap on how much you can download in mods which is what he is trying to get increased or lifted.
Farming on PC *thumbsup* and PS4 :biggrin2:
eric21

Post by eric21 »

I mean the console itself not externally like i have 1tb seagate storage
NateS

Post by NateS »

Garion wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:48 pm You can upgrade the consoles. I upgraded my ps4 from 500gb hard drive to a 2tb Seagate. But your systems hardware means nothing when Sony put a cap on how much you can download in mods which is what he is trying to get increased or lifted.
The issue is not with the capacity of the console itself, but the limit that Sony puts on you for each individual game. For FS17, Sony limits us to 4gb worth of mods.
PC & PS4
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

I wasn’t having a go at you lefe1 because you contribute so much to this forum and it’s much appreciated by all,my point was that off the top of my head I can think of three 6m cultivators on the mod hub alone. There are so many duplicate mods that do the same thing and if you take a look at what you use you could easily delete 50% of them
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

Patrick73 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:04 am I wasn’t having a go at you lefe1 because you contribute so much to this forum and it’s much appreciated by all,my point was that off the top of my head I can think of three 6m cultivators on the mod hub alone. There are so many duplicate mods that do the same thing and if you take a look at what you use you could easily delete 50% of them
Oh ok sorry about that..but yes I only have what I use but at this rate of mods we are getting we will be out of storage soon. that's why i'm trying to see if sony can change the 4GB. This is all new to consoles on getting mods that's why I hope sony see that we need more storage and maybe something will change. Just think we are only 1 year into mods on consoles, and we are already at 70% to 80% in the 1st year. what are we going to do for the coming year that's another 70% to 80% of mods or more because it seems like we are getting a lot more mods a week. That's why I wanted to see if giants has something we can all do to see if we can get Sony/Microsoft to change the 4GB. Thanks Patrick73 have yourself a great day or night depends on where you live :biggrin2:
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

There is nothing that can be done. These limits are in place for a reason, and no matter how many e-mails you send and complain to Sony with is going to change it. Consider yourself lucky we even get 4GB. Fallout 4's limit on the PS4 is 900MB, or 100 mods, which ever you get to first. The fact remains the same that mods on consoles are a completely new thing , so you either have to live with the limitations of the console, or buy a PC.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

Don't start the pc thing on this thread. So why can you buy a 500GB or 1 TB PS4 if you will never use the storage. at first sony was only going to allow 2GB for FS17 then they raise it to 4GB so they can just raise it again to 6GB. and it's not a limitation on consoles if they would allow me to use more of my 412GB. it my storage if I want to use 100GB of my storage for FS17 I should be able too. Like I said I still have 412GB of storage to use that I can't use. I can download 400 GB of music to my storage no limitations on that.And PLEASE Stop with the buy a PC thing it's getting really really old.