DIY Loading Dock?

Diggity

DIY Loading Dock?

Post by Diggity »

Has anyone built a loading dock out of square bales (or anything else)? Square bales seem like the obvious choice but I'm open to suggestions. I want to setup a remote manure loading dock where I can back a small trailer of manure UP AND ONTO the loading dock so I can then fill the spreader. I am aware of the mod ramps which I suppose would work, I just wanted to try and build my own. The big problem seems to be the ramp more than the flat top dock surface.

Along this same subject, if you have any interesting diy type things you have made or done that seem inventive I would love to hear about it and pictures would be great!

Jim
Coltar452017

Re: DIY Loading Dock?

Post by Coltar452017 »

High ground works
Diggity

Post by Diggity »

I forgot one important problem with the game, the manure spreader is NOT recognized as a tipping point for the little brantner trailer, so when I back up to the spreader I don't get a unload option. And, if I select unload here, it simply dump right through the spreader and onto the ground under the spreader. :(
SimulatedSphere

Post by SimulatedSphere »

If you want dump manure into a another trailer , you could make a pile of grain then reverse up it . The other ramps could be to small.
XBOX ONE S ( I don't have limited power :biggrin2: )| FS17 | UK
Just waiting for FS19!
I play with as much realism as possible :wink3:
XBOX ONE S ¦ On Estancia / Sussex Farm / Oakfield |FS13 , FS15 , FS17
Thank you to all modders out there , the game would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
Thank you to Giants as my Xbox would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
NateS

Post by NateS »

Or make your ramp out of grass instead of grain. It's cheaper. Maybe a combination of square bales and grass would be best.
PC & PS4
novass

Post by novass »

I never thought about using straw bales..I woukd love to have a modder make a ramp with adjustable heights and or a concrete or wooden dock for trailers and trucks...DYI...great ideas.thanks for some ideas.take care.
Jamiephilips23

Post by Jamiephilips23 »

There is 2 ramps on the modhub guys, one is concrete and the other one is metal and moves up and down
Massive thanks to all console modders out there!! *thumbsup*
PSN; scottish_bawbag_
My PS4 Community; All Aspects Of Farming :hi:
Diggity

Post by Diggity »

I am still trying to come up with something but there are two primary issues that I'm not sure are resolvable. The bales shift around, if they can be strapped together that would be good. I'm starting to see of I can use fence or gates to hold them in place. The other trouble is that they float up when you place a loose crop next to them. Like trying to use grass or potatoes or whatever, the bales start to float and move when the crop gets tall enough to act as a ramp.

I'll update if I find a solution.
Angryfarmer

Post by Angryfarmer »

If your on pc you can add the fill type manure in the xml file to the holmer beet tank to overload into the manure spreader. There is also a lantemans holmer trailer for pulling the holmer attatchments with other equipment. If your on console the easiest is either tipping into a bucket or on ground and loading that way at the field or pulling a conveyor to the field and using that