Farming Simulator 18?

AC7045

Farming Simulator 18?

Post by AC7045 »

I own FS17 platinum. I run it on Xbox One. Game play is almost perfect, it runs smooth. There are never any mod glitches like FS15 gave me on the PC. Everything works.

Instead of FS18, why not continue building on the success of mods and DLC instead of attempting to re-invent the wheel? I would hate to see next years version made easier or with something more unrealistic that supposedly is made for entertainment purposes and feasibly cheapen up the game. (I've seen this happen a lot with other titles).

Content and Mods seem to be the draw. Instead of trying to get more licenses for more manufacturers, charge for new DLC with existing manufacturers and let the modding community build on the rest. I hate when the newest version of a game comes out and the maker abandons the previous version and those that love that version are left out in the cold.
lefe1

Re: Farming Simulator 18?

Post by lefe1 »

All ready is a FS18

Guitarman

Re: Farming Simulator 18?

Post by Guitarman »

Historically some major new features in various versions were originally mods for older titles. For instance, forestry (that may have just been a coincidence though), tip-anywhere, pigs, manual start, and more. And the recent trend has been for newer version to get the option of expanded realism, with better fertilisation, incentive for ploughing etc. So I don't think you need to worry about them compromising it for gameplay. I've only ever seen it get more realistic.

And modders don't seem to abandon the last version immediately from what I've seen, on top of the thousands of mods that will have been created in the lifespan.

As lefe1 said FS18 is already out, it's the mobile version. Next PC 'should' be FS19, they usually leave two years per pc release.
Optimist: Glass is half full
Pessimist: Glass is half empty

Engineer: The glass is twice the size it needs to be!

PC Specs (upgraded at last!): Acer Orion 3000; i5-8400, 8Gb Ram, GTX 1050ti, Intel Optane 16gb