Has anyone done the maths?

Bungle

Has anyone done the maths?

Post by Bungle »

Has anyone done the maths to work out which tipper gives the best £/l?
Playing on XBone in Somerset, UK - Typically spending more time on the forum than actually playing the game.
Thefisherj

Re: Has anyone done the maths?

Post by Thefisherj »

The bigger the capacity the more ££££ you get per load so the bigger the tipper is the more money you make
Bungle

Post by Bungle »

I get that. I mean to buy from the store. A lot of the modded toppers are cheaper but was wondering if anyone had worked out which was best. J
Playing on XBone in Somerset, UK - Typically spending more time on the forum than actually playing the game.
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

for me..... Broughan 18F Silage Trailer... 28,000 l for $18,500

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
NateS

Post by NateS »

I have done the math... It's a quick spreadsheet. I did it to free up mod space. I deleted ones that were of similar size that cost more. The problem with this knowledge is that you end up using the same exact trailers all the time because others would be a waste of money.
PC & PS4
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

^^Exactly^^ I spend far too long deciding what is the best for the money and always end up using the same stuff. Way too many great models available to not use them all.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

Given the price of tippers compared to other machinery, especially tractors, I worry more about the function and aesthetics of the tipper than the value for money I'm getting. I try to choose ones that fit in with the map I'm playing, but there are some mods which don't like filling from a forage harvester, and others which are awkward to tip to the ground from, so at the moment I'm using joskin tippers on the west coast. I can't seem to find a decent UK style silage trailer between 20 and 30k litres.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
Beastofwar

Post by Beastofwar »

I worry only about the size I can buy at that moment......I do not like having to transport more loads per volume of harvested crops then strictly necessary to get the stuff to a sales point. Even if the CP autopilot does the transporting.

On top of that the price op delivered crops drops after delivering a load. So the transort can't be big enough in one go.....every load right after another you will lose money. So that's the maths for you : the smaller the tipper the more money you potentially lose.
Intel i5 3570K 3.40 GHZ (Quad Core)
8 GB Memory DDR3
R9 280 GFX card 3GB DDR5
1x 64GB SDD 1x 128 GB SDD 1x 1TB HDD
Win 10 Professional 64 bit
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Math was the way bottom of the bottom subject in high school for me, if i have enough money for a bigger tipper, ill exchange it for a bigger one, looks come with it, i sell if the great demand price is right, if i desperately need money, ill sell a load or two. Thats it, i dont do what scientist do with all that weird math and stuff they do, that's not my thing. Thats my input on this conversation.
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

There's not much in it with most tippers, just a couple of modded ones representing exceptional vfm on the £/l equation. I'm more concerned with the tipper being fit for the job - can it handle the size of harvest of my fields, is my tractor powerful enough to pull it when full, can it daisy chain, can I hook it up to my JCB wheel loader? Oh, and not forgetting, how many slots does it use up? (slots are a more important currency in my game than £!)