Placeable Christmas Tree

Mike3650

Re: Placeable Christmas Tree

Post by Mike3650 »

RODHA wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:56 am
Mike3650 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:17 am Firstly the issue when you get the message "There are too many trees. Please cut some down first" is normally due to the limitation of the Giant's tree planter utility. It is the total number of planted trees and the existing trees on a map and that limit is 7,840. The West Coast has over 12,500 trees. Therefore you need to cut down around 5,000 trees before you are able to plant any. It's not a bug but a limitation.

Back to the Placeable Christmas Tree, I have just tested this on TWC (on PC with just the map and Christmas tree) and I am able to place the tree without any problems and also the ingame placeable trees.

On PC I can use the 'More Trees' mod to overcome this but on console you would have to cut down 1,000's of trees.

I'm not sure why you are having an issue placing the Christmas Tree, one thing that maybe the issue is that you have used up your 'slots' (as I don't have a console I don't know how this works).
Firstly thank you very much for your effort Mike :hi: Really appreciated *thumbsup*
Now I understand what is really going on.
I've just one question though.
You said you were able to place the christmas tree on TWC.
But did you do it with using the "more trees" mod or wihtout?
Because if you used the mod than I've to cut almost 5000 trees as I can't use that mod.
But if you did it without the mod then it means there is something wrong wiht my game.
It is not the slot count though because I still have 450 something available.
When I tested placing the Christmas Tree I only had the 2 mods in my mod folder (the map and the tree) and as you can I see I was able to place the tree without issue. I wasn't using the More Trees Mod.
I have just tested this on TWC (on PC with just the map and Christmas tree) and I am able to place the tree without any problems and also the ingame placeable trees.
Can you try a new save on the TWC with just the map and the tree?
Mike3650

Post by Mike3650 »

markare wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:28 am The issue he is having is the amount t of trees that is on west coast. Like you also said there are more on west coast than you are able to plant manually. As has been said to him in other posts aswell as pictures there is no problem with the Christmas tree. It's the amount of trees already on the map.
Did you read my post?

It is possible to place the christmas tree and the Giants ingame placeable trees on TWC without needing to cut down any trees or use the More Trees Mod as per the screenshots I posted.

The fact there are a lot of trees already on TWC does not stop you using placeable trees but it does prevent you from planting trees.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Mike3650 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:24 pm Can you try a new save on the TWC with just the map and the tree?
I will. As soon as I get back home from work.
PS5 / FS22
TurboFarmer

Post by TurboFarmer »

Mike3650 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:28 pm
markare wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:28 am The issue he is having is the amount t of trees that is on west coast. Like you also said there are more on west coast than you are able to plant manually. As has been said to him in other posts aswell as pictures there is no problem with the Christmas tree. It's the amount of trees already on the map.
Did you read my post?

It is possible to place the christmas tree and the Giants ingame placeable trees on TWC without needing to cut down any trees or use the More Trees Mod as per the screenshots I posted.

The fact there are a lot of trees already on TWC does not stop you using placeable trees but it does prevent you from planting trees.
You are on PC, correct?
On console, if the max number of trees is met or exceeded on the map, then it is absolutely impossible to place any object that acts like a tree.
There is a log corral mod that also acts as a tree in that you can cut it down after you're finished with it. That mod is impossible to place on any map that is pre-loaded with excess amounts of trees.

TWC has too many trees on console to place or plant any extras. It is the same on all of the logging maps.
PS4 Farmer
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Must be a difference in the coding of the console and PC versions of the game.

If you really want an Xmas tree I guess a mass logging game is in order.
Mike3650

Post by Mike3650 »

TurboFarmer wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:00 pm You are on PC, correct?
On console, if the max number of trees is met or exceeded on the map, then it is absolutely impossible to place any object that acts like a tree.
There is a log corral mod that also acts as a tree in that you can cut it down after you're finished with it. That mod is impossible to place on any map that is pre-loaded with excess amounts of trees.

TWC has too many trees on console to place or plant any extras. It is the same on all of the logging maps.
Thank you for the info. :smileynew:

Yes correct I am on PC, which is what I said and also wasn't sure how the console side works exactly as I don't have one but know there are certain limitations.

RODHA as BB said you better get cutting if you want that Christmas Tree. :lol:
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Yup :biggrin2: :biggrin2: As BB said, there is no other way cause it didn't let me even on a fresh save with only the map and tree.

I just wanted to have a christmas tree on twc. Think about it with seasons. That would look spectacular. But I can't cut down 5000 trees.

Or, may be I can with bsm's new grinder that erases a whole tree in one go. But still 5000...
PS5 / FS22
Fishingcrafter

Post by Fishingcrafter »

For the author of this, I REALLY need to know if I can use this mod for my lets play. I recently asked and got no answer. Please reply as soon as possible at fishingcrafter@gmail.com
Fishingcrafter

Post by Fishingcrafter »

Caan I use this mod for my lets play? Please reply via email at fishingcrafter@gmail.com
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

Why would you need to ask that?
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

Fishingcrafter wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:40 pm For the author of this, I REALLY need to know if I can use this mod for my lets play. I recently asked and got no answer. Please reply as soon as possible at fishingcrafter@gmail.com

you did get an answer. it's in another thread please click this thread
viewtopic.php?f=895&t=120747

Fishingcrafter

Post by Fishingcrafter »

Thanks!
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

lol. Thanks lefe1. :smileynew:
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

Dogface wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:42 pm lol. Thanks lefe1. :smileynew:
Fishingcrafter wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:22 pm Thanks!
Yep Glad to help *thumbsup*
OnlyMe

Post by OnlyMe »

RODHA wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:26 pmOr, may be I can with bsm's new grinder that erases a whole tree in one go. But still 5000...
... Wait... What? Are they doing something for consoles like the Bruks UN in FS15? That would be awesome. ... Or did I just walk into your trap with both eyes closed :)
Playing on PS4