PS4 fs17 sale!

Diggity

PS4 fs17 sale!

Post by Diggity »

If you are playing on PS4 from CD and want the digital version it is 50% off on PSN until the end of the year. I did this a while back and it is nice to NOT have the disc involved. I think it loads faster and must be easier on the hardware?
NateS

Re: PS4 fs17 sale!

Post by NateS »

I've never heard this idea before! I've always sworn by the physical copy because I have something tangible to sell when I'm done with it. Does the digital version actually offer some sort of performance upgrade?
PC & PS4
Farmer216

Post by Farmer216 »

Unless the PS4 works different than XB3, the disc acts like a key.
The game runs from the HD either way.
I play on Xbox3 (Which they called the "One" for some reason)
Addicted to Farm Sim since: 6-26-2k17
FS17@ 5,336hrs ~ FS19@ 3377hrs (updated 2.18.21)
Guil

Post by Guil »

My PS4 definitely ran much quieter playing GTA digital vs using the disc, I buy all my games on PSN store now.
markare

Post by markare »

It will run quieter with a digital copy as the system doesn't need to run the disc drive. And to answer if it's any quicker or better performance, it saves about 10 seconds having to insert the disc and waiting for it to be read. And also if the disc has a single bit of dust it can have serious consequences in your game play. It could cause the game to freeze for a few seconds or even worse lock up completely. That's the only difference between disc and digital. Also witha disc version if the disc gets ruined you need to go buy another copy of it to play. Digital is one off. And you can even get digital games cheaper than the xbox and ps store charge. All you do is buy it from the sites that sell them then go to xbox or psn store and select redeem code. Enter your key and away you go
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

To me, id rather have disc, because all you have is to download and install the updates, then you can have more games, but on the other hand digital copy is better, because you dont have to worry about you disc getting scratched and/or wore out, i wore out GTA San Andreas disc on PS2. But if the game file isn't that big, like fs17 ill do digital download, guys i have the Elder Scrolls Online disc copy, it has over 94gigs of updates, that's ridiculous in my book.
markare

Post by markare »

The game still installs onto the hard rive so having more games doesn't get taken into account. You still need to uninstall and install to get space etc. Digital and disc copies both use the same size of install for the vanilla game. The difference you see with digital is that most of the time the updates are put direct into the game file. If not they will get installed and that's why digital copies look bigger.
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

I don't buy that many games from the PSN store as its normally more expensive but I have a few that I've been playing a lot recently and its just way better being able to select the game icon and not worry about which disc is in the machine. Game discs will probably soon become as obsolete as music CDs.
Diggity

Post by Diggity »

Does anyone know if there is a way to get an email notification of discounts from PSN? There are a few games that I might buy if they become discounted. I just occasionally go to the PS Store and look at the "deals"