Concrete pads/Floor ideas console

Dadiman81

Concrete pads/Floor ideas console

Post by Dadiman81 »

Long time browser, first time poster :biggrin2: I play on the Xbox but was curios what does everyone use for a floor for buildings without them? Would be nice to get something like the No Grass here mod except it placed a concrete floor/pad. The best I have come up with is planting sugar beets than driving over them destroying them. Nice dirt like floor without the sinking in of just tilled field. Thoughts or suggestions?
lefe1

Re: Concrete pads/Floor ideas console

Post by lefe1 »

It be real nice if they could come up with something like the Ground Modification but for consoles.

http://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?la ... tle=fs2017
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

I was thinking of something similar the other day. It would be nice to have a placeable concrete pad with bevelled edges. It would made a nice spot to place sheds.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
Omniplasma

Post by Omniplasma »

Since we can't use gravel or concrete I usually just plow the ground with "Allow Create Fields" on then cultivate it to give it a smooth dirt look. It still doesn't look as good as it would with gravel or concrete.

With the mods that have been coming out lately, I think there's big things yet to come and who knows, maybe we'll get something for this later down the road.
Xbox One FS17 Player from the US. Gamertag: Omniplasma
Fellow farmers needed.
NateS

Post by NateS »

I love the new found optimism on threads like this. Not long ago, someone would have wrote "that uses outside scripts so it will never come to console" Now we have hope that we can do things like this. I would love to create dirt roads or concrete floors. All sorts of things. I imagine a blank map where I can create my own farm if I want. Placeable sell points, silos, roads, animal buildings. All of it can be put wherever I want. Maybe even creating maps on console that can be shared with the rest of the community.

Edit: sorry this was more of a rant than an actual contribution to this particular thread.
PC & PS4
Slivicon

Post by Slivicon »

Omniplasma wrote: ↑Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:56 am Since we can't use gravel or concrete I usually just plow the ground with "Allow Create Fields" on then cultivate it to give it a smooth dirt look. It still doesn't look as good as it would with gravel or concrete.
This is what I do for PC dedicated server multiplayer, because the ground modification mod only works in single player. It's a way to change the terrain a little bit, at least. I had read about other people trying to do things like dumping canola and smoothing it out to try and mimic asphalt :P
SimulatedSphere

Post by SimulatedSphere »

lefe1 wrote: ↑Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:51 am It be real nice if they could come up with something like the Ground Modification but for consoles.

I wish we could have ground modification butSCRIPTS ARE IN THE WAY
XBOX ONE S ( I don't have limited power :biggrin2: )| FS17 | UK
Just waiting for FS19!
I play with as much realism as possible :wink3:
XBOX ONE S Β¦ On Estancia / Sussex Farm / Oakfield |FS13 , FS15 , FS17
Thank you to all modders out there , the game would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
Thank you to Giants as my Xbox would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
SimulatedSphere

Post by SimulatedSphere »

Slivicon wrote: ↑Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:41 am
Omniplasma wrote: ↑Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:56 am Since we can't use gravel or concrete I usually just plow the ground with "Allow Create Fields" on then cultivate it to give it a smooth dirt look. It still doesn't look as good as it would with gravel or concrete.
This is what I do for PC dedicated server multiplayer, because the ground modification mod only works in single player. It's a way to change the terrain a little bit, at least. I had read about other people trying to do things like dumping canola and smoothing it out to try and mimic asphalt :P
Then lines of fertilizer but that wont work since you can't put a croptype on top of another croptype I think .
XBOX ONE S ( I don't have limited power :biggrin2: )| FS17 | UK
Just waiting for FS19!
I play with as much realism as possible :wink3:
XBOX ONE S Β¦ On Estancia / Sussex Farm / Oakfield |FS13 , FS15 , FS17
Thank you to all modders out there , the game would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
Thank you to Giants as my Xbox would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
Omniplasma

Post by Omniplasma »

NateS wrote: ↑Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:29 am I love the new found optimism on threads like this. Not long ago, someone would have wrote "that uses outside scripts so it will never come to console" Now we have hope that we can do things like this. I would love to create dirt roads or concrete floors. All sorts of things. I imagine a blank map where I can create my own farm if I want. Placeable sell points, silos, roads, animal buildings. All of it can be put wherever I want. Maybe even creating maps on console that can be shared with the rest of the community.

Edit: sorry this was more of a rant than an actual contribution to this particular thread.
I've always been very optimistic about possible mods. I've seen and done things that people had deemed impossible. (Back in my PS2 modding days)

It did get old seeing all those posts saying about mods needing outside scripts. A skilled modder can do a lot with a little.
Xbox One FS17 Player from the US. Gamertag: Omniplasma
Fellow farmers needed.
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Would love the Ground Modification mod to come to consoles. The plowing/cultivating method works ok except that it shows up in the map like a field.
Slivicon

Post by Slivicon »

As a modder myself, I can tell you that there are some things which simply aren't possible to do without writing LUA scripts to modify how the game works - this is the interface that Giants has provided for modders. Some things simply cannot be done with pure XML. This should not be confused with lack of skill of a modder. You cannot build a house because you're a "skilled builder" if you're given a rock and a hammer. You need all the materials and tools.

There are some exceptions, like the mod for auto load, where the modder found a way to use the built in bale autostacker XML to mimic autoloading bales for other trailers, but it is still limited to that functionality - it cannot have all the other extended features that the PC UAL script can, it's just not possible, regardless of skill.

Fortunately, if the mod is revered enough and Giants wants to put in the effort, they can take a mod and port it to consoles that has custom scripts - this is what is happening with Seasons. Obviously they are not going to do that with many mods, they have to be in line with their vision for the game and likely meet a lot of their own criteria, and would take a lot more of their involvement and testing, etc. Even a mod as amazing as that had to be updated as part of the effort between Realismus and Giants before Giants would bring it to the console platforms.
rody12

Post by rody12 »

SimulatedSphere wrote: ↑Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:02 am
lefe1 wrote: ↑Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:51 am It be real nice if they could come up with something like the Ground Modification but for consoles.

I wish we could have ground modification butSCRIPTS ARE IN THE WAY
Well we got Seasons which obviously uses scripts so maybe there's hope :biggrin2:
Xbox Series X
John Deere
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

Guys, this is not going to happen.

As Giants noted, we got this opportunity because we won the contest, that is #1.
And #2, that ground modification sometimes crashes the game. Absolutely a no-go.

There are probably other reasons why Seasons is on console but this is not, which I don't know.
novass74

Post by novass74 »

I hope get a concrete modd.
AP_Oddity7

Post by AP_Oddity7 »

I seem to recall that the 'Grass Be Gone' mod originally glitched to leave a square concrete pad (albeit with a big red X on it) So in my non-modders mind it shouldn't be too difficult to have a concrete pad mod.

Just a thought