Platinum Edition Update: No Simple Patch?

jeremyj621

Platinum Edition Update: No Simple Patch?

Post by jeremyj621 »

Why couldn't there be a simple patch to update Platinum Edition to the latest version? I don't understand why I had to go through the time-consuming process of re-downloading and re-installing the whole thing just to update it.
Farm-war

Re: Platinum Edition Update: No Simple Patch?

Post by Farm-war »

lefe1 it happened to me the same update and I deleted the platinum and asked me to download it again but still the pending update in the modhub I do not understand if I update because it is still there and sends me to the sale of the game on xbox this step not I understand if someone else happened to you, it's still there, I do not understand
*thumbsup* *thumbsup* Hello, I am currently playing on a MSI gtx 1660 ti pc, AMD ryzen 5 3600, 16 gb ram 500 GB SSD :gamer: :gamer: :gamer:
Soles2023

Post by Soles2023 »

Hit the start button on the game while on the home screen, go to manage game and see if it says there is an update. If there is click on it then go to "My games and Apps" and see if it's on que
XB1/PC
CMDRTAKEDOWN

Post by CMDRTAKEDOWN »

I thought this was part of the FS update we had. Mine has already been updated.v1.100
PS4
PS5
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

Farm-war wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:22 am lefe1 it happened to me the same update and I deleted the platinum and asked me to download it again but still the pending update in the modhub I do not understand if I update because it is still there and sends me to the sale of the game on xbox this step not I understand if someone else happened to you, it's still there, I do not understand
look and see on ps4 or xbox in the mod section and see if it say's 1.1.0 if so then it should be updated. on twitter it has Patch 1.5.3 for Farming Simulator 17 and Platinum Add-On Patch 1.1.0 are now available for download.
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

That is just the way DLC's are coded. Bethesda has had to do the same thing. You can't "patch" DLC.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
jeremyj621

Post by jeremyj621 »

jenna_q wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:08 am That is just the way DLC's are coded. Bethesda has had to do the same thing. You can't "patch" DLC.
That figures, no matter how confusing it is. You can update a mod without re-downloading it, but not DLC...makes no sense. :hmm:
markare

Post by markare »

jeremyj621 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:33 am That figures, no matter how confusing it is. You can update a mod without re-downloading it, but not DLC...makes no sense. :hmm:
To update the mod you do need to download it again. You just click the update button and it redownloads the full file. It's not just adding a slightly smaller file into what you already downloaded.
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
jeremyj621

Post by jeremyj621 »

markare wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:03 am
jeremyj621 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:33 am That figures, no matter how confusing it is. You can update a mod without re-downloading it, but not DLC...makes no sense. :hmm:
To update the mod you do need to download it again. You just click the update button and it redownloads the full file. It's not just adding a slightly smaller file into what you already downloaded.
It wasn't as simple to update the DLC. I own a Steam version of FS17, but I downloaded the Platinum Edition from the FS site to get the bonus pre-order content that Steam didn't provide. So, when I clicked on the Platinum Add-On to update it, I was taken to the DLC download page on Steam. I had to exit the game and re-download the DLC from the FS website. Thankfully I kept my product key...I needed it to re-download.

Edit: Speaking of product keys, I heard somewhere that you can only use a product key a certain number of times before you have to purchase the DLC again. Is that true? If so, then this method of updating is unfair since it requires you to use the product key and download again. After so many updates, you'd have to pay for the DLC again.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

There is a limit on the number of times you can use an activation key, but if you have reached that limit you don't need to purchase a DLC again. The procedure to get the activation limit reset is described in the following post: viewtopic.php?f=852&t=44642
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules