It's snowing!

NateS

It's snowing!

Post by NateS »

There's snow on consoles... let's let that sink in for a bit.

Now, I plow parking lots as part of my regular job when I'm not pretend farming. We use a combination of specialized equipment to do this. Most of which is not currently in the game. Oversized buckets for skid steer, dump truck for removal, plows and salt spreaders that attach to trucks, snow blower attachments for skid steer.

Anyways, a couple of questions related to this:
1: Do these pieces of equipment exist for PC?
2: Do we actually have to plow the snow? What benefit is there to doing it?
3: I'm sure I'll have more questions on snow. If anyone could pass on their knowledge or experiences it would be appreciated.
Thanks!
PC & PS4
fenixguy

Re: It's snowing!

Post by fenixguy »

Might have to wait for FS19 for Giants to make us actual snow in the base game.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
OTL Logging Company

Post by OTL Logging Company »

Drmattymd wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:40 pm The snow acts like any other fillable crop, you can scoop it with loader buckets, you can sort of pile it with the levellers, but there aren't any snowplows that work like actual snow plows, being able to angle a blade and just drive with snow moving to the trailing edge. At least not that I have found. There are some snowblower mods but I haven't tried them out yet.

You don't have to plow snow unless its occupying an area you're trying to put something else. The roads will be a little "sloppy" to drive on if they have snow on them
At least until we get a few snow plow mods, there are a few tricks I've discovered

Farmer man

Post by Farmer man »

you know we got all this snow now to deal with what would it take for a skid steer or wheel loader tractor mounted snow blower. anyone have any thoughts on this
NateS

Post by NateS »

I keep thinking we should be able to get a snow blower that works like a forage harvester or maybe a combination of the driveable silo king (*censored* up the material) and a forage harvester.
PC & PS4
NateS

Post by NateS »

Gosh darn censored words... how about *picking up*
PC & PS4