U.S. Midwest

driportella79

U.S. Midwest

Post by driportella79 »

Is this a new map because I don’t have option to select this when starting new game?
Beanbrother

Re: U.S. Midwest

Post by Beanbrother »

I think it’s The weather type not a map
markare

Post by markare »

It's the weather settings for the seasons mod
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Not a map is based on real data from the region, so planting, harvesting time is different to the standard seasons calender
Yelibam

Post by Yelibam »

Just to clarify: Seasons comes with in-built weather data based on southern England, which will allow fairly average weather for growing the usual crops (except sugar cane). You can use this with any map you wish.

If you want to replicate the weather from another part of the world then you can add a GEO mod. This contains the weather and crop data suitable for that region, and replaces the default data. RM have provided several of these GEO mods. All you need to do is enable ONE of these GEO mods to suit the map you are playing.

You can use any GEO on any map, but you should only have one GEO enabled. You should also not keep swapping one GEO for another as it will take some (in-game) days for the weather to settle to the new one, and you may lose your crops. The best time to change a GEO is in the winter.

The US MidWest is based on Missouri, I believe.

The Wales GEO is ideal for The West Coast map and any other region that has higher rainfall.

The Paraguay GEO is specifically for the Platinum map and is the only GEO that allows sugar cane to grow.

The Northern Sweden GEO gives you longer, harsher winters.

The Snowy Lands GEO is partly for fun as it provided an almost constant winter with snow much of the time. You won't get much farming done with that one!
SimulatedSphere

Post by SimulatedSphere »

Yelibam wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:14 pm Just to clarify: Seasons comes with in-built weather data based on southern England, which will allow fairly average weather for growing the usual crops (except sugar cane). You can use this with any map you wish.

If you want to replicate the weather from another part of the world then you can add a GEO mod. This contains the weather and crop data suitable for that region, and replaces the default data. RM have provided several of these GEO mods. All you need to do is enable ONE of these GEO mods to suit the map you are playing.

You can use any GEO on any map, but you should only have one GEO enabled. You should also not keep swapping one GEO for another as it will take some (in-game) days for the weather to settle to the new one, and you may lose your crops. The best time to change a GEO is in the winter.

The US MidWest is based on Missouri, I believe.

The Wales GEO is ideal for The West Coast map and any other region that has higher rainfall.

The Paraguay GEO is specifically for the Platinum map and is the only GEO that allows sugar cane to grow.

The Northern Sweden GEO gives you longer, harsher winters.

The Snowy Lands GEO is partly for fun as it provided an almost constant winter with snow much of the time. You won't get much farming done with that one!
At least somebody on this forum knows what they are talking about :mrgreen: . I'm currently using the Wales GEO and it enables rain every few days . I bet Us Midwest GEO has like 0.9% chance of rain ( just a guess thats quite inaccurate).
XBOX ONE S ( I don't have limited power :biggrin2: )| FS17 | UK
Just waiting for FS19!
I play with as much realism as possible :wink3:
XBOX ONE S ¦ On Estancia / Sussex Farm / Oakfield |FS13 , FS15 , FS17
Thank you to all modders out there , the game would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
Thank you to Giants as my Xbox would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Honestly I use us Midwest Geo from spring to winter then for winter I switch it back to snowy lands since I'm in Ohio and I get more snow than Missouri. I understand this takes skill as the weather is programmed 7 days out...a little math and it easy 😁 I have my Midwest farming and harsh winter...love this mod!
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
Yelibam

Post by Yelibam »

SimulatedSphere wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:45 pm At least somebody on this forum knows what they are talking about :mrgreen:
Haha! You sure? :biggrin2:

vondeylenfarms wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:56 pm Honestly I use us Midwest Geo from spring to winter then for winter I switch it back to snowy lands since I'm in Ohio and I get more snow than Missouri. I understand this takes skill as the weather is programmed 7 days out...a little math and it easy 😁 I have my Midwest farming and harsh winter...love this mod!
If it works for you then go for it! Just shows how versatile Farming Simulator and Seasons is.
Last edited by Yelibam on Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

See the list of GEO mods, what they do, and more: https://www.realismusmodding.com/mods/s ... us-modding
Davo79

Post by Davo79 »

What gets me is sugar beet won't grow in us midwest yet there are very fields just an hour away from me and all over the midwest. I'm in north dakota btw
"I’m going to plead with you, do not cross us. Because if you do, the survivors will write about what we do here for 10,000 years."