New train type suggesstion

BenDragon81037

New train type suggesstion

Post by BenDragon81037 »

I have been noticing this problem on some maps, where the author has put a railway, and populated it with an object that would move along a set path which wouldn't activate any of the level crossings, nor would you be able to interact with it (collide with it), the level crossings wouldn't activate for the train and the overall feel would be just bad. (A lot of the UK maps have this and Westport Facilia).

So I think a new train type should be introduced Which would run every so often along a path at a set speed, one which you wouldn't be able to get in and drive, nor would you be able to load with cargo.
Coltar452017

Re: New train type suggesstion

Post by Coltar452017 »

Emd loco with box cars an more grain tanks
BenDragon81037

Post by BenDragon81037 »

Surely EMD is available on mod websites (i think I saw an SD40-2 in multiple liveries) and you can alter the train configuration to match.
Coltar452017

Post by Coltar452017 »

That should be one of the mods in the game
AC7045

Post by AC7045 »

A GP would be more realistic. Nothing too big, the maps are just big enough for an industrial lead or branch line.
BenDragon81037

Post by BenDragon81037 »

that's for the goldcreast valley map? What about for Sosnovka?
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Okay, alright... How 'bout if the trains weren't drivable but ran on a regular schedule by themselves. They could have the same function as they do now but you'd have to coordinate your logistics with the railroad to move your products. I kinda like the way they work now too but would like some customization of the rolling stock and ability to use switches and side tracks.

But seriously Ginats needs to keep making the farming better and let the trains be an extra.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Coltar452017

Post by Coltar452017 »

I agree with you they should
AC7045

Post by AC7045 »

I'm not a computer guy at all, I don't have a clue how a program runs on PC's or consoles. But if all the stuff that is made for the game doesn't diminish it in any way, then allotting resources for one thing and taking it away from something else shouldn't be an issue.

Creating mods for a running train on a map I think broadens the imagination and playability/likability of the game. I posted earlier in another thread that trains and trucks appeal to others and could draw in others that don't necessarily have a prime interest in Farming, but like the industry involved in agriculture.

Driving a truck or being a locomotive engineer on a small branch line in farm country could easily be simmed. It just adds another layer to the game.

Imagine going to a game that encompasses Farm, truck, and train sim.... pretty cool.
AC7045

Post by AC7045 »

I know, there already is a host of truck and train sims. Go there if you want to do that, right? Well, not with the console guys. There is no truck or train sim there. Giants, if anything, could easily prove it can be done on the console. Especially trains.

I've wondered when a train sim would come on console. The PC has a zillion mods for its train simulators, but you could spend thousands and it's never a guarantee it's going to work (I know, I'm a train guy, I've got a two tiered N Scale layout to prove it) I gave up on PC trains because it was a money grab.

So again, I'm all for Giants if they want to add other things to enhance the game.
BenDragon81037

Post by BenDragon81037 »

fenixguy wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:40 pm Okay, alright... How 'bout if the trains weren't drivable but ran on a regular schedule by themselves. They could have the same function as they do now but you'd have to coordinate your logistics with the railroad to move your products. I kinda like the way they work now too but would like some customization of the rolling stock and ability to use switches and side tracks.

But seriously Ginats needs to keep making the farming better and let the trains be an extra.
AC7045 wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:25 pm I'm not a computer guy at all, I don't have a clue how a program runs on PC's or consoles. But if all the stuff that is made for the game doesn't diminish it in any way, then allotting resources for one thing and taking it away from something else shouldn't be an issue.

Creating mods for a running train on a map I think broadens the imagination and playability/likability of the game. I posted earlier in another thread that trains and trucks appeal to others and could draw in others that don't necessarily have a prime interest in Farming, but like the industry involved in agriculture.

Driving a truck or being a locomotive engineer on a small branch line in farm country could easily be simmed. It just adds another layer to the game.

Imagine going to a game that encompasses Farm, truck, and train sim.... pretty cool.
I'm not sure how, but I agree with both of your statements.

I mean sure, we could have scheduled trains, while at the same time, being able to drive your own trains.

So how about this for an idea, be ing able to set up your own railway to serve a specific purpsoe, be it logging where it's difficult to get big vehicles to the logging site or have it deliver crops to a raiwlay transfer yard?
AC7045 wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:44 pm I know, there already is a host of truck and train sims. Go there if you want to do that, right? Well, not with the console guys. There is no truck or train sim there. Giants, if anything, could easily prove it can be done on the console. Especially trains.

I've wondered when a train sim would come on console. The PC has a zillion mods for its train simulators, but you could spend thousands and it's never a guarantee it's going to work (I know, I'm a train guy, I've got a two tiered N Scale layout to prove it) I gave up on PC trains because it was a money grab.

So again, I'm all for Giants if they want to add other things to enhance the game.
Once upon a time, there was a company called AURAN, who actually cared for their train community, and since they reformed into N3V, its been a moneygrab eversince, that's why I left train simming.

The only good train simualtions left, are ones which are maintained by the train simulator community (Open Rails and Open BVE).
AC7045

Post by AC7045 »

Loved Auran. Placeables, appealed to Europe and the US, then it fell prey to buying content.. I don't believe it's impossible to have several sims encompassed in one, and I also think it could be done on a console.

Imagine what multiplayer could look like. Negotiate grain prices at a mill... truck or train... and get paid for hauling it. Cool stuff.
BenDragon81037

Post by BenDragon81037 »

It's not impossible, and there are even some benefits to merging several simulators together, for example: if you wanted to transport one vehicle on top of another to be transported for long distances. http://www.goederenwagens.nl/index.php?cat=141

Edit: But I feel that I might be getting ahead of myself.
AC7045

Post by AC7045 »

You just have vision. Software is changing everyday, hardware too. Cutting edge today is ancient history tomorrow. It's both frightening and exciting. I think everything we're talking about will be reality one day. I'll probably we very old and gray when people will be farming with VR sets. You'll climb into a tractor and then pant corn, drive a truck, or a train, all with realism, and all in the comforts of home.

But if we continue to say no, saying it won't happen, or it can't, or worse, we're not open to it, then it won't happen.

People want this stuff because they love it, they want an escape. Someone is going to figure it out, talking about it helps those with the means make it a reality.
BenDragon81037

Post by BenDragon81037 »

Definitely, I had a plan for a simulator, but unfortunately, I don't think it would come to fruition at the moment.

I've been shown this engine called the Outerra engine, that can render the entire world in 1:1 scale.

If simulation is going to evolve, it would probably involve something that involves the entire planet.