U.s. Midwest geo

gilroy222

U.s. Midwest geo

Post by gilroy222 »

Seen threads about this geo but haven't seen an answer to this. Does this geo have snow in it at all?
FordFarmer97

Re: U.s. Midwest geo

Post by FordFarmer97 »

I've gotten snow with it before
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

FordFarmer97 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:26 am I've gotten snow with it before
That's good. Just about at my first winter in it and it doesn't appear to have snow in the forecast.
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

I think its kinda rare but you can get it
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Lucky me had snow my first winter on GCV with it.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
AP_Oddity7

Post by AP_Oddity7 »

gilroy222 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:34 am
FordFarmer97 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:26 am I've gotten snow with it before
That's good. Just about at my first winter in it and it doesn't appear to have snow in the forecast.
I switched off the Midwest GEO as soon (spring 1) as I realised there was a chance I wouldn't get snow.

As it happens I only got a little bit on the base mod. But a little is better than none.
NateS

Post by NateS »

Which of the two seems to have better odds of snow?
PC & PS4
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

I get a lot of snow just using Season's mod. No GEO's
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

I changed halfway through the year from the US to just seasons, and the crops stop growing. Has anyone come across this problem? I switched back to the US and replanted and the crops were able to be harvest.
Case1370

Post by Case1370 »

Beanbrother wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:46 pm I changed halfway through the year from the US to just seasons, and the crops stop growing. Has anyone come across this problem? I switched back to the US and replanted and the crops were able to be harvest.

I had a issue when I switched to a different Geo mod on the map, than the original one I was using, on Sosnovka, and while I was able to harvest the corn, my soybeans never became ready. Oddly enough, they didnt wither either, they are just there, but Im in winter months, and I cant harvest them.

So I can say, dont change Geo mods, during the growing seasons, wait till winter before changing.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

That's because the GEO's all have different planting and harvest times so when you change GEO's you also change when you can plant and harvest. This is a pic of just Seasons no GEO's used and you can see when you can plant and when you can harvest.

02hammer20

Post by 02hammer20 »

I got snow in early winter but did not accumulate enough to plow. I got snow again in late winter that was plowable, the snow piles lasted until the final day of early spring/first day of mid spring.

I am playing with 9 day seasons.

Living in Wisconsin I do wish that the winters in the US midwest GEO mod would be colder. Missouri's winters are far too mild for upper midwestern states.
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

02hammer20 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:02 pm I got snow in early winter but did not accumulate enough to plow. I got snow again in late winter that was plowable, the snow piles lasted until the final day of early spring/first day of mid spring.

I am playing with 9 day seasons.

Living in Wisconsin I do wish that the winters in the US midwest GEO mod would be colder. Missouri's winters are far too mild for upper midwestern states.
I was thinking the same thing. I live in southern Ontario, Canada and our growing season and practices are identical to yours down in the midwest. The only difference is our winters are a bit worse, probably about the same as you in Wisconsin actually.
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

They are working on a Canadian geo mod
XBOX/ FS22
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

Peter Griffin wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:27 pm They are working on a Canadian geo mod
I heard that. But I fear they may make it too wintery and have short grow seasons just like the Sweden one. When in reality it is not the case. We basically have the identical growth to the Midwest.